What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:mjcry:
0683250675b4e38e301d48caed68dbd0.jpg

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
in, dont know what ended it or why they started riffin, but i do know he turned down a roc contract and was laughing at jay in the source over the nas beef also the whole roc camp went at jaz o

freeway - called him 40 and broke. he also made a diss record back where he revealed jay shot his brother.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This felt like some alpha shyt. JAZ put Jay on, and once Jay started eating he tried to do the same, but now the roles would be reversed. I think Jaz could never see Jay as his boss, and Jay had no reason to make him a partner in the Roc. Probably led to hurt feelings if Jaz thought he was worth more than he was being offered.

It was a choice at the end of the day. Jaz didn't build the Roc, and probably couldn't bring any money to the table as a bargaining chip, he certainly wasn't owed anything.

Today one flies jets and is expecting twins and the other one is couch surfing for train fare. :mjcry:Those are the breaks...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
they was cool up until after volume 2

jay got jaz on originators 2... then tried to get him a contract with the roc

according to jaz.... it was 150k budget with no advance

“What they offered me was a $150,000 budget. I was like, ‘Okay, cool. Who controls the budget?’,” recalls Jaz-O about passing on recording contract from Roc-a-fella Records. “That was the issue. Who’s controlling the budget? Who’s paying for the studio, where am I working at and you didn’t mention anything about an advance in my pocket so how am I supposed to support myself? Damon [Dash] didn’t have write answers, but he made me the scapegoat for both of them.”

according to guru it was 300k

In an interview with Complex, Jay-Z’s audio engineer Young Guru, revealed that the Roc Nation boss once offered to sign Jaz-O to Roc-A-Fella Records for $300,000 but was rejected.

Young Guru: Jay tried to give Jaz a deal. But when he was trying to give him a deal, they were just starting Roc-A-Fella. They gave him a $300,000 deal and Jaz laughed at it. They couldn’t afford to give you a major deal, so Jaz went with a major company. It’s not Jay’s fault.

Jay is like, ‘We offered you a deal, that’s how much we could afford to give you. $300,000 was a lot for you back then, you didn’t roll with it. You fukked up. It’s not my fault. What do you want me to do?

either way, it was seen as a diss by Jaz.... and he went elsewhere

he then asked jay for a verse on his track for the album with another label... jay-z did the song, called "lets go" its rare.... but you can find it out there in some places

he asked jay to show up for the video for the song.... jay said no... so jaz replaced him on the song and basically it was fukk you from there on

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Jay was Jaz young bul
Jay surpassed Jaz career x1000000
Jaz was stewing in jealousy for years
Jay didnt show up to Jaz video shoot which was the "last straw" for Jaz
Jaz dropped "Ova"
Jaz now rides the train
Fred

Jaz was doing shows off this song everywhere but it didnt last of course

this song sucked. The video too. they had broads out there in bikinis when it looks 40 degrees out there. Jay was smart to not get involved

Last edited:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Jay was Jaz young bul
Jay surpassed Jaz career x1000000
Jaz was stewing in jealousy for years
Jay didnt show up to Jaz video shoot which was the "last straw" for Jaz
Jaz dropped "Ova"
Jaz now rides the train
Fred

Jaz was doing shows off this song everywhere but it didnt last of course

this song sucked

:mjlol: I remember this garbo. fukkin sega cd beat. Jay wasnt puttin his face on that shyt :francis: