What Does It Mean To “Protect” Women?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Are they ready to do the inverse though?

I won't know until I put the first foot forward and let it be known that I'm worth following.

That's what leadership means. It doesn't mean you wait for the woman to go first... you do what you were gonna do anyway, and either she's with the shyts or she's not.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Sure you do
you waited a whole 16 hrs, 4 mins and 3 secs to reply with "sure you do".. I usually don't say this to other "women".. because I know the term has derogatory connotations (unless it's a cac), but seeing that it is most fitting of the situation and you just brought out the queens village, 216th street new yorker defense mode in me - Bytch, if you don't get the fukk out my face with this dumb irrelevant shyt and don't waste my time by replying if your stupid azz doesn't have shyt to say.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
you waited a whole 16 hrs, 4 mins and 3 secs to reply with "sure you do".. I usually don't say this to other "women".. because I know the term has derogatory connotations (unless it's a cac), but seeing that it is most fitting of the situation and you just brought out the queens village, 216th street new yorker defense mode in me - Bytch, if you don't get the fukk out my face with this dumb irrelevant shyt and don't waste my time by replying if your stupid azz doesn't have shyt to say.
Honey I have a life outside of this site unlike you. Save the hoodrat language for someone that cares.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the dispora is in shambles

black men don't have enough standing in western society to truly protect black women

don't @ me, this is my opinion

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hmmm it's a general feeling of being safe you get from being around the men that look like you and share the same experiences as you.

Only on the internet do I encounter blk dudes talking about hesitating when others in their community are being targeted. There are some instances where I would feel obligated to assist somebody and I'm a female. If we want to be real this is less about gender and more about heart.

You either got it or you don't. If I see an evil racist terrorizing an elder, I'm don't know them but they are from my community. My lil wack ass taser coming out along with my pepper spray and a brick if I can find one. I'm calling the cops and crying and acting just as traumatized as I can. Yelling, screaming...making the biggest scene ever. I'm doing all I can to stop it. Same if that happens to a man or woman or a child.

The excuse of "I don't know them" is really just a smokescreen for deeper gender frustrations people feeling but like most things, I doubt we tryin to be that real tonight. Or maybe I'm wrong. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

Edit: Then again I hail from a long line of unhinged people. I'm the daughter of a man who heard our neighbor's house being broken into, and ran out the door in his tighty, whitey drawers yellin "FREEZE!!!!"
Or my grandmother who smushed a white bytches face so hard in a "whites only" water fountain that she broke the hoe nose and broke a blood vessel in her eye. I never knew why my grandmother lived in Pennsylvania for so long. I dunno, country folks be getting outta formation with a quickness. Certain shyt just ain't gonna go down.
There’s no “gender frustration”. If I don’t know the bih I ain’t helping. Especially if a chick boyfriend beating her ass because most likely she getting back with that nikka and they gonna jump my ass if I get in that :heh:

I’ll call the cops for them tho :myman:

King Khufu

CARTEL MAFIA GANG
Daps
Reppin
At Ur Mama's Bando
Well said. Now that we have identified the problem, what do we do? Are we creating some sort of space for the antithesis of this thinking , are we actually reaching out to the men and women who are susptible to this kind of thinking? Because I think the youth who are nursed on the digital teat are who we need to try and get to. But what do we do to actually asuage their fustrations? We're dealing in an age where digital dissociative identity disorder can be a very real thing. I'm currently trying to mentor young men away from the hatred of women, black women especially. But the reach we have and the reach these other pathways as you put it have are very different scopewise.

Only real way of challenging it is instilling a different mindset for the future generations to apply. Most of the people now, are too deep in their own miseries to see otherwise.
You cannot change the person, only the circumstance. Only then they can appreciate what is truthful.
You either grow up a fighter ( even it's only in your mind) or you always have a pacified population at your hands (join in if you want.)

To break down the philosophy I just spoke about. it's like I can live a modern every day life shyt maybe even beyond that probably into a futuristic lifestyle as technology expands, and still have the OG ifa energies of ancestral influences mentally thinking and doing as how they lived (or if they lived bad and shameful, use their energies to avoid what NOT to do). Feel me?

So if I'm pharaoh in my being why am I going to accept lesser for myself? Deal with set backs okay no problem but never settling for less.
Instill this kind of thinking into your children when they are humble they will be able to change the world man when they get grown. Real talk

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
esp when I hear a BW say it. “bm dont protect us”

Is it just the men in her life? Or should I protect random women?

Protect her from what exactly? Herself? Lol

Excuse my ignorance. Im legit confused

I want an answer preferably from a brehette

Delusion. Most of these women have fathers, brothers, uncles. But, white women and feminism got 'em all on there Allz minz live I'z had to fight. Despite them being killed by police at 1% black men's rate and them only have 5% the prison populations as black men.

I am scared.

We lose black women, we lose everything.

That said; not one of my relatives (female) seem to be on that bullshyt.