What Do Broke People Do For Fun?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
There's so much shyt to do for free. Beach, Workout, Museums, Zoo's, Art Galleries, The Park, Video Games, House Parties, Family BBQ's, Draw, Watch TV, Public Pool, Church, Free workshops, Go to a club/bar (bring your own drink). There's fun free shyt all over.

Fun is what you make of it brehs

Fun is def. what you make it...and I'm with you on that.

But truly impoverished folks could probably do about 1/3rd of what you listed without some sort of resource needed.

Especially rural poverty, which is a completely different animal and the lack of public transportation is :to:

Beach: Usually takes gas money and a vehicle

Museum: Gas money, vehicle and/or bus fare, entrance fee (many museums are charging these days. Just took a group to a science museum I thought would be free, hit us for 10 a pop. Art museums have the highest possibility of being free).

Video Games: X Boxes and Playstations ain't free, but you can usually find em for a decent price at the pawn shop. Again, with very little money, no one is trying to buy an XBox

Zoo's: Never been to a free zoo. And you're still gonna need gas money and a vehicle....Bus fare could work if it's in the city.

Very few things are truly free...and impoverished folks often have to worry so much about the necessities that leisure activities just come along when they come. Just the awareness of an expanded lifestyle is often stunted by trying to get and/or maintain necessities.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is real.

Free workshops: This is a good one, though. And should be utilized by more by all folks!

Everything that you mentioned though is really good for working class folks who might be living check to check sometimes. But for broke people truly in poverty...nah...only a handful of those things would not require some sort of consumption and resource usage.

If you meet anyone who has been poor, broke or impoverished for the majority of their young lives, and he/she emerged with some exposure to some cultural experiences and has some polish, you should handshake. It's an extremely, extremely difficult task and it takes assistance and much discipline and faith.

Those are cool but who wants to be limited to that for the rest of their life. I know broke dudes that have never left their own city, they've never been to a comedy show, never been to a nice restaurant, never been to an amusement park, never been on a boat, never been on a plane, never been to a sports game...life has to suck when you cant do sh1t like that...

Truth. It's easy to get tunnel vision when you're broke/impoverished. It takes deliberate effort to try to continue to expose yourself and the kids to cultural activities.

So many poor folks I talk with have said they've barely been off their block!

Especially the rural impoverished.

Went to the Chi, which has a pretty good train system for a major metropolis, and some working class folks I talked with had only seen an extremely small portion of the city. So imagine what folks in poverty who aren't working have NOT seen!

:sadbron:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I dated a rich guy, and hung out with a bunch when I was living in South Florida, and while they are having fun, I found out a lot of them have severe mental and emotional issues.. and they are self entitled sheltered a$$holes. You gotta get real drunk around them to even tolerate the bullshyt that spews out of their mouths.

Anyways..

I'm pretty broke so usually hanging out at a friends house drinkin 40's, blasting music and just chilling is fun, to me.

Cliff jumping, the beach (if its close enough is pretty cheap), swimming anywhere where there is water that isnt disgusting etc etc.

We don't have cliffs. But we have rivers with bridges :youngsabo: I like to think its the same as cliff jumping.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
The fukk you trying to do?

Buy a Castle nikka

4d825ef60d10a98cf34df241857503e4452.gif

:laugh:

I'm saying

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
:patrice: chill bro...

80k aint shyt to some people...

breh should be commended for trying to save a good portion of his guwap...

Man you full of shyt.

I know people with masters degrees that would kill for 80k jobs.

And you on here acting like you broke and cant do anything with 80k.

I know people raising families(2 to 3 kids) with less than 50k combined and you sitting here saying you yourself is struggling with 80k.

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
Who cares. Life's a bytch and then you die. :umad:

II life is a bytch then u should be having as much fun as you can while you are alive not sitting home on a friday night because you cant afford to go out. smh

PrinceDeeDer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went clubbin lastnight and got turnt'd the fukk up lastnight. As I woke up this morning I thought to myself "WTF do broke people do for fun?". They obviously dont have much money to do anything.

I'm talking about grown ass ppl that dont have cars or dont have jobs/minimum wage jobs. What they do for fun on limited budgets?

They have kids, smoke weed, and talk about what people with money :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you can't live off 80k ALONE in new york you spend too much money on bullshyt

you making more than most families make in that city.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the internet is pretty much what is keeping me sane