What did Tariq Nasheed say to Farrah Franklin that had her throw her Destinys Child career away?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I never forgot how attractive Farrah was/is. Even when I was a youngin(10-11yrs old) when she joined the group, I remember thinking how attractive she was. And she in a way, took my attention(personally) away from Bey. I had noooooo prior knowledge about this story prior to coming into this thread. I had no ideal that was the reasoning as to why she got the boot. I never knew she was on the cover of TAOM. Tariq probably still speaks with Farrah from time to time.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That whole "bad for our image" thing has to be bullshyt.

Nobody kicks out a group member over something so trivial.
That book thing sounds like some excuse to boot a bytch they wanted to get rid of anyway.

You know how close group members of bands are? They don't abandon each other over things like that.
And it's not like that was a monster book. I doubt that ever made any Best Seller lists.
Nah, that shyt was a bestseller.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely agree kicking her out for that. I also think Tariq is hypocritical. How are you pro the black community while giving out tips on how to play black women?
He doesn't/didn't really give you tips on how to "play" anybody though. In fact, if you've actually read the books or listened to his podcasts, one of the main things he preaches is NOT lying and being honest about who you really are.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I read the book a couple times and didn't see parts about "playing" women. It was mainly about attracting women and a couple parts advised on what type of women were more "generous".
Exactly, it's funny that women refuse to read this book but still want to tell men who have read it what the book is about.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Definitely agree kicking her out for that. I also think Tariq is hypocritical. How are you pro the black community while giving out tips on how to play black women?

I hear what u saying but in all honesty.....I see dude as more of a seasoned hustler then anything. And as a hustler u kinda gotta just accept the reality of capitalism and tip ya hat when someone does it right..... Kinda like how Russell Simmons was good at selling Hip Hop records and was succesful with Def Comedy Jam but couldnt really get that energy drink popping....Russel found lanes that worked.....Its similiar to how Tariq was good at the relationship advice books and the Hidden Colors series but that horror flick he did was :scust:

.....Tariq is a hustler who found his lane like Russel Simmons. I see dude more as a impressive "hustler" then some afrocentric leader.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Classic Destinsy Child moment that people dont talk about was also my first introduction to Tariq Nasheed. No one really speaks on how early 2000, Farrah played herself by posing on the cover of Tariqs first book looking like one of his hoes forcing Bey to kick her out the group. I remember in the beginning Bey and Kelly admitted that was the reason why she got kicked out(Kelly, in an interview went as far co signing a misquote, calling the book "How To Be A Pimp") but then they cleaned it up later by saying she was sick and couldnt keep up......I think they switched it up cuz they didnt wanna promote his book. That was and still is till this day one of the best promotional gimmicks I have ever seen in my life. Summer 2000, came home from block leave, went to 125th and asked the vendor which were the hottest books out...Dude pointed to TAOM and the first thing that popped in my head was "Thats the book that caused the girl from Destinys Child to throw her career away :ohhh: .....He must be legit because shes on the cover, what the hell did he say to her? " I been paying attention to Tariq ever since. Tariq tried to be humble and downplay it on Ustream in 2010 when I told him that was great marketing strategy. Since then he's changed the book cover but the original is still out there........Till this day i wanna know what did Tariq say specifically to Farrah to have her so comfortable that she would throw away a lotto ticket like being in Destinys Child?
You had an audience with him like that?

FSP

Banned
Daps
You know how close group members of bands are? They don't abandon each other over things like that.
Lies. Band drama is the most diva shyt ever...and I'm talking about the men. Could not imagine the menstrual show that was 90's Destiny's Child

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You had an audience with him like that?

I'm not implying I influenced the change of the cover. I meant to say that for the 10 year anniversary he changed the cover to what it is now but I think he did that because exploiting Farrahs young naivety might have weighed heavy on him as the years passed so he used the 10 year anniversary as a front to change the cover. I'm assuming this of course because why change the cover? U can convince people u really macking with a Destiny Child member on your book cover.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn:

That redbone-on-redbone tension. :wow:

They were so young.:wow:

They were so bad...:noah:

Where is this footage even from? :jbhmm:

Farrah just didn't fit in the group. Her singing didn't mesh with them at all. The original Destiny's Child had a dope acapella harmony and Farrah couldn't live up to that.

LOL @ anyone thinking Farah was a 'threat' to Beyonce. It takes more than being just a pretty face to be a valuable vocal group member.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh