What did Tariq Nasheed say to Farrah Franklin that had her throw her Destinys Child career away?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
She got kicked out for taking attention away from Bey. Simple.

I remember this pretty much being the case back in the day. They even made Farrah darken her hair color when it was light because it took attention away from Beyonce on some petty catty nonsense :russ:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chatty Patty level: 1000:dame:

I asked a question and this is your response??

:what:

I remember this pretty much being the case back in the day. They even made Farrah darken her hair color when it was light because it took attention away from Beyonce on some petty catty nonsense :russ:

How is that the case when that was speculation from fans?? Kinda like the speculation of Bow Wow being raped by his limo driver and Ciara being a hermaprodite.....How can one argue with what fans say compared to what Kelly and Bey said out of their mouths?

:jbhmm:

I'm trying to find that Kelly article but no luck........I did find someone who actually remembers as I do.....The real reason she was kicked out was made well know immediatly after she got kicked out....It was because of Tariq Nasheeds book....Peep how this commenter explains how it was in all the articles including New York Times magazines..... so if anyone comes in here talking otherwise that means ya'll just weren't in the know back in the day:

Farrah Franklin: “I’d Do Destiny’s Child Reunion”

May 23, 2010 at 3:25 am

Reasonable Voice says:

No, she was kicked out. Yeah, I remember because I read about it in the New York Times Magazine, of all rags. She was given the boot not just because she couldn’t keep up with the schedule, but because she posed on the cover of Tariq Nasheed’s book, “The Art of Macking.” DC was marketing itself as a family friendly group, so they couldn’t have one of the members portraying herself as an ornament for some small-time, hood rapper, pop-corn pimp.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I never knew that book was the impetus behind her getting kicked out.

Book is classic, tho. Picked that bad boy up about 2004, and been following him ever since.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What he say to her? LOL, ask him he'll probably say something along these lines..."it's in the book playboy, make sure you pick yaself up a copy or three"

Naa....I asked him. He down played it and said that she was beautiful girl and that when she got kicked out people were hounding him for dirt.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here's a Vibe article...But its not the one I was refering to where Kelly was going in.

2001 vibe article on destinys child

Farrah was given her pink slip last summer after missing an important series of engagements, namely a weeklong promotional tour in Australia. All agree she never really fit in with the group's image. It also didn't help that two months after Farrah joined the group she was found on the cover of Tariq "K-Flex" Nasheed's unabashed how-to-manipulate-women book The Art of Mackin', draped over the author, who is portrayed on the cover as an unsavory mack. "Destiny's Child does not have a bad-girl image," Kelly says.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That whole "bad for our image" thing has to be bullshyt.

Nobody kicks out a group member over something so trivial.
That book thing sounds like some excuse to boot a bytch they wanted to get rid of anyway.

You know how close group members of bands are? They don't abandon each other over things like that.
And it's not like that was a monster book. I doubt that ever made any Best Seller lists.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually the Art of Mackin was a New York Times best seller & has sold over 250,000 copies (probably more than this to date as Tariq mentions he still gets residuals from his book sales). :yeshrug:
Source?

:ehh:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That whole "bad for our image" thing has to be bullshyt.

Nobody kicks out a group member over something so trivial.
That book thing sounds like some excuse to boot a bytch they wanted to get rid of anyway.

Well it was a good excuse even tho u say it was bullshyt. :manny:

I'm gonna fukk around and bring it up again....I havent fukked with his ustream show like that in a minute but one day when I'm really really bored, I might ask him again but from a different angle. I need that rundown.