What did Tariq Nasheed say to Farrah Franklin that had her throw her Destinys Child career away?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Classic Destinsy Child moment that people dont talk about was also my first introduction to Tariq Nasheed. No one really speaks on how early 2000, Farrah played herself by posing on the cover of Tariqs first book looking like one of his hoes forcing Bey to kick her out the group. I remember in the beginning Bey and Kelly admitted that was the reason why she got kicked out(Kelly, in an interview went as far co signing a misquote, calling the book "How To Be A Pimp") but then they cleaned it up later by saying she was sick and couldnt keep up......I think they switched it up cuz they didnt wanna promote his book. That was and still is till this day one of the best promotional gimmicks I have ever seen in my life. Summer 2000, came home from block leave, went to 125th and asked the vendor which were the hottest books out...Dude pointed to TAOM and the first thing that popped in my head was "Thats the book that caused the girl from Destinys Child to throw her career away :ohhh: .....He must be legit because shes on the cover, what the hell did he say to her? " I been paying attention to Tariq ever since. Tariq tried to be humble and downplay it on Ustream in 2010 when I told him that was great marketing strategy. Since then he's changed the book cover but the original is still out there........Till this day i wanna know what did Tariq say specifically to Farrah to have her so comfortable that she would throw away a lotto ticket like being in Destinys Child?

art.jpg

farrahfnkln.jpg

l484d3180d22b8c79ec32ecid5.jpg
605692728lpx9.jpg
669016158lpr0.jpg
772674581_l.jpg

FarrahFranklin693x1000129kbmedia2596media1348541207316102-387x560_zpsdz6v42ui.jpg

farrah8.jpg

farrah.jpg

farrah4.jpg

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
OP you really believe that bullshyt lie? Beyonce and DC performed on stage in worse outfits than what she got on on that book cover. They wouldn't have kicked Kelly or the original two members out for that.

The truth is they were looking for a reason to fukk with her and found one.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
OP you really believe that bullshyt lie? Beyonce and DC performed on stage in worse outfits than what she got on on that book cover. They wouldn't have kicked Kelly or the original two members out for that.

Exactly! Destiny's Child was always a tool for Beyonce to become the star.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

She got kicked out for taking attention away from Bey. Simple.
:jbhmm:

But thats not the way it happened. You just gave a theory. I'm telling you that they openly stated at first that her being on the cover of the book was the reason why they kicked her out. This isnt a theory.

Now who am I gonna believe...your theory...or Beyonce and Kelly?? :martin:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:jbhmm:

But thats not the way it happened. You just gave a theory. I'm telling you that they openly stated at first that her being on the cover of the book was the reason why they kicked her out. This isnt a theory.

Now who am I gonna believe...your theory...or Beyonce and Kelly?? :martin:

Me

Beyonce and Kelly are full of shyt and will lie to maintain their public persona.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Me

Beyonce and Kelly are full of shyt and will lie to maintain their public persona.

:camby:

Sorry buddy....History doesnt change because you want it to homie......There were too many outlets that pointed the finger to the book as the reason she got the boot, including that Kelly interview.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:camby:

Sorry buddy....History doesnt change because you want it to homie......There were too many outlets that pointed the finger to the book as the reason she got the boot, including that Kelly interview.

OMG you one of those goofy ass narrow minded by the book ass dudes ain't you? Take in everything the media tells you "We is our own worse enemy, Don Lemon said so."

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
or maybe it went against destinys childs image.....:dame:

they didn't need her anyway:dame:

Pretty much.

Thats what Bey and Kelly were stressing at first that it was bad for their image. But on the low the impression was really "Shorty...how could you be so stupid?" :mindblown:

But then there was the flip side for me because it turned into.."Ok well what did this dude say to her to make her throw it all away like that?"

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I vaguely, like a blip on a blip on a blip remember this. Thanks for the history lessson, I forget or didn't realize how bad she was looks and body wise. :banderas:.