What did Jesus mean by this brehs?

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26

n1gga threw the old law straight in the bushes

:patrice:

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
It means that if you're not even willing to go against your own family to be with the Lord your God, then you are not a follower of God, and thus an enemy of God.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
start reading from verse 25.

When the large crowd gathered around Jesus...most were unbelievers.
Usually families do things together.

All that it means is, doesn't matter what your family believe. If you don't throw that demonic stuff in the bushes, you can't be my disciple

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
start reading from verse 25.

When the large crowd gathered around Jesus...most were unbelievers.
Usually families do things together.

All that it means is, doesn't matter what your family believe. If you don't throw that demonic stuff in the bushes, you can't be my disciple

that's what u interpreted from that?

But he said "hate" bro.....if you don't hate your peoples then you can't roll with me

surely they all can't be demonic and deserve hate

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
It means that if you're not even willing to go against your own family to be with the Lord your God, then you are not a follower of God, and thus an enemy of God.

Pretty much, all it takes is a little reading comprehension.

:ohhh: Oh, shyt, I'm on the-coli aren't I? :ld:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
that's what u interpreted from that?

But he said "hate" bro.....if you don't hate your peoples then you can't roll with me

surely they all can't be demonic

Remember when he says "hate" he was talking to a crowd who were not Christians.

Any religion which is not of God is of the devil and you should hate it too. He was addressing their believe system. It clearly says that from verse 25 and below but that wouldn't make for a good Christian bashing would it?:bryan:

◄ Luke 14:25 ►
Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Last edited by a moderator:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Don't take it out of context. He was basically talking about denying yourself AND family, your own lust, desires, to FOLLOW HIM. the apostles gave up EVERTHING....family, jobs, etc. keep god first

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
Remember when he says "hate" he was talking to a crowd who were not Christians.

Any religion which is not of God is of the devil and you should hate it too. He was addressing their believe system. It clearly says that from verse 25 and below but that wouldn't make for a good Christian bashing would it?:bryan:

I thought God was all about love and understanding.

Why does he want us to hate people for not subscribing to the same religion as we do?

I could understand if they ate children or raped people....but they're just unbelievers, which doesn't really give a detailed description of the people mentioned. They could just be decent people who just happened to not believe or believe in another God.

Do we really have to HATE THEM?
:damn:

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
Don't take it out of context. He was basically talking about denying yourself AND family, your own lust, desires, to FOLLOW HIM. the apostles gave up EVERTHING....family, jobs, etc. keep god first

then everything Jesus said should only apply to his followers/disciples because those were the people He spoke to and we're taking it out of context anytime we apply it to ourselves.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I thought God was all about love and understanding.

Why does he want us to hate people for not subscribing to the same religion as we do?

I could understand if they ate children or raped people....but they're just unbelievers, which doesn't really give a detailed description of the people mentioned. They could just be decent people who just happened to not believe or believe in another God.

:damn:
The hate was in reference to their paganism and their failure to recognize that he was the Messiah. None of the people in the crowd at the time were Christians.

Any religion which is not of God is of the devil. And you should hate him too.

You think Satan is your friend? :jada:

If you really knew what he was about you will hate him.
◄ John 10:10 ►
The thief(devil) cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The devil is not your friend playboi