What did Amy Schumer do to get all this media push?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Seems like a right place, right time kinda thing to me. She's not really competing with Mindy Kaling and other female comedians aren't doing anything. She paid her dues and that paid off.

She paid her deus and got the right agent. Plus she makes tons of racist jokes which some people like.

Her race jokes are only decent when there is something to offset and contrast what she says. Her strengths in her joke telling in general lie more in her skit writing than her actual stand-up.

When someone/thing else can play off her jokes, she's got the dumb white girl thing down packed, but if it's just her? She just looks/sounds stupid as hell.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
All these websites, blogs, cable news networks, and stuff like Today / Good Morning America constantly talk about this chick. To be honest I don't even really know who she is other than seeing her on those reports they constantly do on her. Is this chick like mad talented or something or did her backers pay off the right people?

Maybe because she looks like a the average white woman they're pushing her so hard to create a hero for them?

Same reason Lena Dunham gets a push:manny:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I never found her funny, I treated her like Patrice O'neal did, some white girl who's trying to be funny but was really the kid sitting in the back of the class, quiet as ever, not funny, not interesting, just... not. Then again I find very few female comedians funny, you know, when they're not being Mock-Jewish, bull dyke, or butch.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Comedy Central has been trying to make her a star for years now since she was getting put in those roasts & shyt. Now mainstream media is on the bandwagon because she's essentially Skinnier Lisa Lampanelli

What ever happened to her ex Anthony Jeselnik tho? they were both getting that CC push at the time.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
never fukked with her and thought she did patrice dirty at the charlie sheen roast, clearly he was cool with her and tried to mentor her in the game, then she just goes in on him hard at the roast outta nowhere. She made a gang of diabetes jokes and he ended up dying shortly after...you could tell he was taken aback when he was said "damn, I sat next to this bytch this entire time and I never saw this coming". A lot of these "edgy" shyt talkin comics got their swag from patrice but at least Bill Burr gives him credit, I ain't heard her big him up yet

also she fat in the worst way :huhldup: all her weight went to her chin and arms

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
She's the most visible female comic with a hit show on Comedy central :yeshrug:

She has the blonde hair blue eye look that Hollywood loves to market.