What city do you think had the biggest influence of modern day black america street culture

?

• LA

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • NYC

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • Chicago

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Atl

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
No....skinny jeans. Fitted clothing had already made a comeback.

You nikkas gotta stop pretending like I wasn't in NYC running the streets during the time yall were talking about.

Ya wore them ugly ass pradas, SBs, super skinny jeans not fitted, and shyt like 10 deep stussy and supreme tops. That was the uniform for a fly nikka during those days.

Yall werent flamboyant. Yall didnt rock dreads or golds. Yall damn sure didnt wear the smedium rockstar tops. Why lie?
breh how old were you
we're talking 2005 2006 here.
the look of the new yorker was fitted jeans with an ed hardy t shirt or some shyt(hence the rockstar look)
Nobody was rocking fitted anything outside of the polo,lacoste preppy look type cats
New york made it popping to include the popular "RETRO" look as well

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
breh how old were you
we're talking 2005 2006 here.
the look of the new yorker was fitted jeans with an ed hardy t shirt or some shyt(hence the rockstar look)

Ed hardy? :russ:

Breh Ye and P had already pushed fitted wear on to the mainstream and Lupe cemented it in 06.

In fact, the 1st nikkas I remember wearing skinny jeans at my school were CALI nikkas a few years before any NYC nikka started adopting that look and claiming they created it :skip:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Internet nikkas really just make up a fact n post it like it's encyclopedia shyt on some shyt they don't know anything about

I aint seen you or anyone claiming it isn't true posting anything to dispel it. But then again, you a Wisconsin nikka riding Chicago's nutsacks. Think you control your blocks yet they pushing you to whole different states LOLs.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
nah Chicago nikkas can't pimp, hustle and are generally bummy dressed nikkas but we suppose to big yall up because yall squad up to kill each other? :russ:

I hear Chicago and NYC nikkas throw parties where they play nothing but Gucci and Future but youll never see a Atlanta party with a Drill or Scammer music theme :skip:

How about you Midwest nikkas stay put instead of running to our cities tryna learn how we hustle and get money Chicago-area black population drops as residents leave for South, suburbs :troll:

if it wasn't for chicago nikkas yall wouldn't be pimpin anyway :mjlol: A Chicago pimp nikka created & influenced the game tho

IcebergSlimPortraitofaPimp-Promo1.jpg

iceberg-slim-pimp-the-story-of-my-life-book-cover.jpg

:mjlol:Atlanta is the trick/simp capitol :mjlol:u ain't even qualified to question chicago :camby:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
You'd have to think we are dumb to think P, Kanye and Lupe didn't exist to give the Dips credit for the fitted streetwear craze:dead:

where were all the street wear boutiques and flagships at¿
where these nikkas coming to shop what magazines they reading where their stylist from¿ jahahahahaa
gangs everywhere drugs everywhere but when it comes to getting fly you out your mind if you put anywhere ahead of ny quit tripping dawg

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:Atlanta is the trick/simp capitol :mjlol:u ain't even qualified to question chicago :camby:

Only the Nigerians out here trickin and its the Black business capital so nikkas gone burn money on anything let alone the finest Black women on earth :yeshrug:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
the south is not a fixture in urban fashion. And historically it hasnt either
new york basically wrote the book on urban streetware its laughable to compare the two:russ:
the south was always several years behind

they got me in the crib crying my g it's too funny*

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Chicago been doin this shyt since the 50s and before then

Bloods and crips some new shyt that just got on because of rap shyt , :mjlol: at New York nikkas for jackin they they shyt

Vice lords, gds, mos, etc... Been here since the 40s and 50s

u mean 1890s:pachaha:

c7f58a52a91922c90852075f3655d424.jpg

John "Mushmouth" Johnson and the Policy Racket

John “Mushmouth” Johnson was a black gambling-house proprietor who made a fortune controlling the city's policy racket and other gambling enterprises.

Johnson had little formal education before he took a job as a porter in a Chicago gambling house in the 1880s. Though not a gambler himself, he learned the business quickly and opened his own nickel gambling house on Clark Street. In 1890 he sold this establishment and opened a saloon and gambling house at 464 South State Street that remained in continuous business for 17 years until his death. Johnson protected his business through bribes to the police and contributions to politicians.

It was a mark of Johnson's success that he became a partner in the Frontenac Club, an establishment that catered only to wealthy whites. Johnson used his money to support “race advancement” causes in the black community, though his business was seen as disreputable by members of the older black elite. After his death in 1907, Johnson's wealth contributed to the establishment of a new black business elite when his surviving sister, Eudora Johnson, married rising black banker Jesse Binga in 1912.

The Chicago Crime Scenes Project: Mushmouth Johnson's Emporium Saloon

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
where were all the street wear boutiques and flagships at¿

Breh you do realize Cali and Chicago has those same brands and boutiques? Anyone who followed Lupe, P and Ye remember all the trips to LEADERS, St Alfreds and of course the Bape stores out in Tokyo.

where these nikkas coming to shop what magazines they reading where their stylist from¿ jahahahahaa

Italy, Paris, Tokyo

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Chief at one point was riding the Bloods dicc but he aint Blood. :yeshrug:

Naw he was saying blood gang for his cousin blood money who was killed. Plus BDs (or their predecessors during the various name changes) been rocking red as one of their colors atleast a decade(might even be almost 2) before the bloods were formed.

Also this nikka Keef got kicked off his own block low key :dead: