What are some Examples of "Phoned in" Performances in movies?

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Will Smith in After Earth. :rudy:

I know that he was supposed to be playing someone who was "emotionally detached & stoic" but good god he looked like he was just doing it for a check..

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Bruce Willis in....his career, since like 2004. There are maybe 2 exceptions.
which reminds me of ocean's 12

i mean they all admitted they only did it for the free trip and fun times in italy

how about we have julia roberts play a character that almost looks like julia roberts then bruce willis will show up and not notice julia roberts is not julia roberts until she uses her wrong hand :jbhmm:

great fukking idea.... but first where's my money :dame:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Everything done by Michael Cera.

He gave it his all in Scott Pilgrim, breh. I'm not saying that's much but he did it.

Bruce Willis in....his career, since like 2004. There are maybe 2 exceptions.
everyone throwing shade at my man Bruce......thought he was fine in looper.....but yea...yall right, outside of that and 16 blocks he has been phoning it in. People who said Adam Sandler hit the nail on the head also.

I recently, like two years ago, found out that there are people out there who hate 16 Blocks. shyt baffled the hell out of me. I was sitting there conteplating whether my love for ol Yasiin Bey clouded my judgement on that one. Then I watched it again and loved it again. Bruce Willis plays world-weary so well in it, man.

The first with Eric Bana... Also I want to add Adam Sandler in Jack & Jill, let me throw in Katie Holmes too.

Every time someone mentions the homie Bana I feel compelled to preach about the movie "Chopper". Eric Bana is fantastic in it and it's a great film about an Australian criminal/tv personality. To anyone who has only been exposed to Bana through his Hulk movie, I urge you to give Chopper a watch.

Apart from Click

I have to say I enjoyed Spanglish as well. shyt just worked for me. Granted I haven't seen it since about the year after it was released but I remember thinking I liked that Adam Sandler.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
which reminds me of ocean's 12

i mean they all admitted they only did it for the free trip and fun times in italy

how about we have julia roberts play a character that almost looks like julia roberts then bruce willis will show up and not notice julia roberts is not julia roberts until she uses her wrong hand :jbhmm:

great fukking idea.... but first where's my money :dame:

This is an all-time worst angle used in movies ever. That shyt was so bad it might deserve its own spin-off.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
:deadmanny: Yes. Easily. Bruce Willis in the last two Die Hard movies
I dunno about in the 4th one, but that may be because i really like that movie. But in the 5th he looked about as enthusiastic doing it as i was watching that trash.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
New Details Of Chaos On The Set Of 'Blade: Trinity' Indicate Production Was Doomed From The Start

"The fact that he would later sue New Line Cinema, writer/director David Goyer and Toby Emmerich, executive producer of Blade: Trinity, in a wide-ranging lawsuit seeking more than $5 million in damages, was certainly a nod to his disgust with the film and his involvement in it.

You might recall that, in the suit, Wesley claimed

- A violation of his contract;

- That the director (Goyer), the screenplay and the supporting cast were essentially forced on him, and he had no say in any of those choices; especially with the script, which he didn't care for, objecting to what he called the "juvenile level of humor" in it, as well as the fact that his character, the lead character, whose name is on the marquee, was marginalized, with focus being shifted from Blade to the 2 sidekicks (played by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds) - the plan, Snipes claimed, being to set the stage for spinoffs featuring other cast members.

- Racial discrimination/prejudice against Goyer and the whole production. Specifically, that in contrast to the first two Bladefilms, in which efforts were made to select a multiracial cast and crew, Goyer and Emmerich "intentionally hired only white people," which Snipes claimed led to him feeling isolated and excluded. He also claimed that Goyer made racially motivated statements about Snipes being unprofessional and difficult to work with, and that Goyer refused to discipline a crew member who wore a racially discriminatory T-shirt on the set."

:scust:

It's messed up once Blade Tragedy flopped compared to the first 2 movies. They try to make Snipes the fall guy, saying he is difficult to work with, he's a method actor etc. Snipes basically did the same thing in Blade 1 & 2 but since those movies were good and made money all you hear is crickets then. At Snipes expense he got blackballed going against the Hollywood system, while Goyer kept excelling getting bigger projects.