TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've never really watched Anime before brehs.

But lately ive been feeling like watching some for some reason.

What should I start with? What are the goats?

Cowboy Bebop is the go-to answer because it's probably the most accessible high quality show for someone unfamiliar with anime (in particular all of the tropes of the genre).

Other shows I'd recommend would be Monster (which is fairly long) and Baccano!

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cowboy Bebop is the go-to answer because it's probably the most accessible high quality show for someone unfamiliar with anime (in particular all of the tropes of the genre).

Other shows I'd recommend would be Monster (which is fairly long) and Baccano!
Monster is a great show but it isn't for everyone. I would say if you've never watched Anime you should jump into shounen and the best Anime to me in that category is FMAB. One Piece is good too if you can make it to Sanji joining and Arlong Park.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Monster is a great show but it isn't for everyone. I would say if you've never watched Anime you should jump into shounen and the best Anime to me in that category is FMAB. One Piece is good too if you can make it to Sanji joining and Arlong Park.

Monster is great. Period. It's a brilliant psychological thriller filled with socio-political subtext of (90s) Germany and anyone who says that it isn't for them is a stupid idiot.

And as I said, I get putting him onto a shounen series but frankly for a first time anime viewer I would always recommend something more "western" before delving into the anime anime.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Monster is great. Period. It's a brilliant psychological thriller filled with socio-political subtext of (90s) Germany and anyone who says that it isn't for them is a stupid idiot.

And as I said, I get putting him onto a shounen series but frankly for a first time anime viewer I would always recommend something more "western" before delving into the anime anime.
Monster isn't easily accessible. A beginner should watch something light and easy. That's why I say go shounen. Stuff like Death Note, Fullmetal, Naruto, One Piece, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Vandread Monster is for people who've watched all that type of stuff and want something more complex. Telling him to watch that is like saying jump into something like Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I still believe FMAB is the quintessential anime every beginner should start with.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Not always. Haven't seen that dub in particular but Bebob, Hakusho, FMA, Champloo, GITS dubs are legendary. I'm a big Inuyasha fan and I prefer the dub to the sub
We will agree to disagree bc I always feel like something is lost in the translation when watching dub anime. Like the emotions the character are portraying I'm the dub ain't quite getting through