Consumed

Superstar
Daps
We will agree to disagree bc I always feel like something is lost in the translation when watching dub anime. Like the emotions the character are portraying I'm the dub ain't quite getting through

See what you mean. For me it just depends on the VAs themselves and how good they are at portraying their particular characters. Got some dubs w/ casts that absolutely nail their roles
Those are exceptions, not the norm and you know it :heh:

Yeah probably. There's a handful of great ones though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Monster isn't easily accessible. A beginner should watch something light and easy. That's why I say go shounen. Stuff like Death Note, Fullmetal, Naruto, One Piece, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Vandread Monster is for people who've watched all that type of stuff and want something more complex. Telling him to watch that is like saying jump into something like Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I still believe FMAB is the quintessential anime every beginner should start with.

Monster isn't that complex at all. It's an intelligent show, sure, which separates it from trash like Code Geass.

Death Note is actually a decent recommendation though outside of the last third of the show being pure trash.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I've never really watched Anime before brehs.

But lately ive been feeling like watching some for some reason.

What should I start with? What are the goats?
You've never seen Dragon Ball Z? :ohhh:

I'm not really sure what you'd like but, I'm going to try to pull from different genre...

Berserk -- There's the 90's series and the 3 movies that cover the 90's series in updated 2010's animation, choose whichever you feel is more pleasing to the eyes. Dark Fantasy War drama

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- Action, comedy, policital intrigue... The English dub is outstanding

Monster -- Don't like any of the over the top stuff and want something more grounded? This is it. Psychological mystery thriller at its best.

One Punch Man -- Comedy, Action that pokes fun at anime tropes

Hajime no Ippo -- Best sports anime, hands down

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Started watching KuromuKuro.... :patrice: Alot of plot holes.... Especially concerning this samurai guy episode 3 still no answers...

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
first episode looked :wow:tho. same for d gray hallow. thought about checking the previous season ... 103 episodes :ooh::damn:
telling your breh i fell for the same shyt... it was decent something different from the norm, then the plot starts becoming shyt and things just start happening for no fukking reason :francis: you can waste your time if you want :yeshrug:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Can you guys give me a recommendation of a show similar to Death Note? Getting back into the anime game after being away for far too long :mjcry:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Berserk is dead to me with that trash ass cel shaded Knights of Sidonia/Kingdom animation especially cuz some sequences got O G. animation style. Shyt legit pissed me off as a fan brehs thats the series that got me into anime outside of DBZ and they did my fandom dirtyy