GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What about SAO

Thought the premise of the story didn't sound very interesting, so I never got into it and can't really say. Maybe another coli member could tell you?

EDIT:

SAO is good for like 0.5 of a season then it's either decent at best of pretty bad. As for II the first half is decent at best and I haven't watched the second half.

Did hear this show was straight bushes status from a few of my friends, but didn't wanna say anything in case I was wrong

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yuki from Shinmai Maou no Testament cracks me up. Chick is straight up in the harem realizes there is a harem and doesn't care. She's basically like whatever you do to them you better do with me.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Just finished watching Steins;Gate. That moment Okabe tried to rescue Kurisu. :ohhh:

Ended up being her killer, not her father:francis::wow::mjcry:

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
Yuki from Shinmai Maou no Testament cracks me up. Chick is straight up in the harem realizes there is a harem and doesn't care. She's basically like whatever you do to them you better do with me.

She's my favorite girl, by far. She don't give a fuk as long as she gets some, too.

Uri

Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
So they dropped 2 episodes of Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata?! :ohhh:

:krs:

Edit: That Gurren Lagann cameo :ooh:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
overrated... has a great premise and messes up the execution. And thats not even including it jumping the shark in season two. I heard Log Horizon does the idea better but I haven't watched it
SAO isn't really about people being trapped in an MMO. It gets derailed by the romance early on and becomes a crappy harem show where the winner of the harem is established early on but each chick has to go through an arc and realize she can't have the main guy.

Log Horizon is a show about a group of people who are trapped in an MMO and the politics and dealings that come with them being stuck in the game. Its superior to SAO but its not a show that everybody will love. I've also yet to watch the second season of it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Aldnoah Zero reminds me of this scene from the last 1/3 of Xenosaga 3.
Jin and Margulis final confrontation.

edit: finished the show
Ending was about as good as could be expected but still very anti-climatic. Slaine is basically Lelouch with Zero Requiem that lived in the end. The big bad that united the world against him and lost to usher in an era of peace. Asseylum pretty much ended everything with her announcement. Harklight was a G though.

Final rating 7/10

Last edited:

Uri

Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
SAO isn't really about people being trapped in an MMO. It gets derailed by the romance early on and becomes a crappy harem show where the winner of the harem is established early on but each chick has to go through an arc and realize she can't have the main guy.

Log Horizon is a show about a group of people who are trapped in an MMO and the politics and dealings that come with them being stuck in the game. Its superior to SAO but its not a show that everybody will love. I've also yet to watch the second season of it.

They just finished up the second season, it was pretty damn good. Looking forward to season 3, if and when it comes out.

Uri

Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
Aldnoah Zero reminds me of this scene from the last 1/3 of Xenosaga 3.
Jin and Margulis final confrontation.

edit: finished the show
Ending was about as good as could be expected but still very anti-climatic. Slaine is basically Lelouch with Zero Requiem that lived in the end. The big bad that united the world against him and lost to usher in an era of peace. Asseylum pretty much ended everything with her announcement. Harklight was a G though.

Final rating 7/10

I agree. I wasn't expecting too much at this point, but it ended pretty okay.

Harklight was, in fact, a G :salute:

Figured they were gonna lose, but decided to fight anyways :ahh: