tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

The visuals looked like it took a step up from S1 of the remake. The action and art direction looked good.

Really good episode to get back to the speed of things. Despite saying his farewells, Kenshin is still doing things his own particular way despite Saito's grievances. Though for Sanosuke it really must have hurt his pride to hear that he would be considered Kenshin's weakness. Though through the pain, he was able to show just enough to get Saito to back off.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-03_at_5.45.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-10-03_at_5.45.50_PM.png

I am actually really excited to see how Yahiko does go forward. He got some solid focus in the 2nd half of S1, and he will truly be able to show off his skills. Thankfully, by the end of it both him and Megumi were able to get through to Kaoru.

For Megumi the best thing she can do for Kenshin is to stick to her career. After all, Kenshin saved her life and going after him would be doing a disservice to what he did. Which is why she pushes for Kaoru to go. Yahiko's point really nails it that Kaoru was the only one that got a proper goodbye. Meaning if she comes after him, it will be the hardest for him to push forward and leave the rest behind.

What I truly loved about the scene was that the butterfly in Dojo's garden finally flies when Kaoru's determination is set. The same type of butterfly landed on his sword. Representing that the gang is chasing after him.

Screen_Shot_2024-10-03_at_6.15.57_PM.png

OP below

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Anyone watch So I'm a Spider, So What? Thoughts :jbhmm: ?

Enjoyment of it is solely based on if you read the manga/LN or not.

If not, you'll prolly enjoy it and be mad there's not more.

If so, don't bother. shyt was so busy jumping all over the story timeline that they barely scratched the surface of the main story.

Hell, it was the first time I got spoiled by an anime as a manga reader..... cause the stuff they were covering in the anime wasn't covered in the manga yet.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

The Visuals and direction are pretty good. It is clear that there is some mecha buddy system here, and I am curious how it works. Also, we got the two factions at play going against each other. I do like how it didn't overload us into the story and is trying to ease us into it. Very excited for what is to come.

I am assuming Alma lost his memories and I wonder if he is a pair? If seems clear that Hikaru will be joining Aki's side. Really nice episode 1 for another anime original.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Enjoyment of it is solely based on if you read the manga/LN or not.

If not, you'll prolly enjoy it and be mad there's not more.

If so, don't bother. shyt was so busy jumping all over the story timeline that they barely scratched the surface of the main story.

Hell, it was the first time I got spoiled by an anime as a manga reader..... cause the stuff they were covering in the anime wasn't covered in the manga yet.
Read gang taking heavy losses again :mjlol:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Does anyone remember the anime where the 2 kids join the mafia, come up in the mafia, then one of the friends betrays the other by shooting them out of an elevator, and finally in the second half of the anime, all the characters are zombies?

NVM: Gungrave

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Supposedly DanMachi S5 OP has upcoming spoilers for the season. I have no clue what these spoilers are even from watching them, but that is what I am told. :hubie:
That's actually not surprising, almost all these shows have spoilers in the opening, although you don't really realize it until you see what it's relating to.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That's actually not surprising, almost all these shows have spoilers in the opening, although you don't really realize it until you see what it's relating to.
I mean, on one hand for a lot of these anime Japan culture expects you to be familiar with the manga or novel. Like how in Dandadan they fully revealed Seiko, Jiji, Aira & (Anime spoilers) Cat form of Turbo Granny. They haven't gotten to those parts yet with just 1 episode out.

Though these spoilers are nowhere near as bad if you interact with the respective fanbases. You know how bad the fanbaes of One Piece, MHA & JJK can be.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I mean, on one hand for a lot of these anime Japan culture expects you to be familiar with the manga or novel. Like how in Dandadan they fully revealed Seiko, Jiji, Aira & (Anime spoilers) Cat form of Turbo Granny. They haven't gotten to those parts yet with just 1 episode out.

Though these spoilers are nowhere near as bad if you interact with the respective fanbases. You know how bad the fanbaes of One Piece, MHA & JJK can be.
Ironically all 3 have hella spoilers in the openings. :deadrose:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

This episode was really charming in a good way. This is my first Mahou Shoujo show and I really love how expressive Kurumi is. Though curious why did she get the notebook from the Blonde Witch? Also, the person who was a dog, I am curious how they know Kurumi. Besides add their teacher being able to use magic without the calculators that everyone uses.

Man, I felt bad for Kurumi when she got rejected. The idea of studying your ass off and your hard word feels like it went all for nothing. I am excited to see more. The art style and visuals were very nice to add.