LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Honestly, one of the best Season 1's. Even adding Season 2+ 3 makes it fantastic. I feel like after time skip is when the series falls apart. It's ironic that Final Season is where the fan base praises it the most, but the writing was edgy and pretentious.

Legit if the series ended at them finding the basement at the end of Season 3 and giving it an open ending would have put it as one of the GOAT anime to me. Final Season was a combination of poor writing, feeling both rushed and slow just is bad to me. Like once Part Two starts the flaws become more and more apparent.

I have to much older anime before making any list, but I saw top 50 for me.

JJK fans IMO oversell how it differs from most Shounens. The only real one I liked is Sukuna never helping Yuji and screwing him over. What it does well is present Shonen troupes in a very refreshing manner. At least early on.

CSM is one series that can be seen as dumb fun, but actual has complexity to it if you decide to dive deep into it. If you are loving S1 right now, you are going to have a blast when the movie and rest of Part one comes out animated.

CSM is a deconstruction of the Shonen formula. The biggest thing is its manner of show not tell, which most shonen are ass at executing.

Dandadan which airs starting in October, is written by one of (CSM Creator) Fujimoto's assistants and is also a breath of fresh air in the Shonen market. It offers more a comfort zone then CSM, but does it so in the right way.

Bolded is facts. AOT really got you hooked early but then it felt like it didn't know how to end it.
It truly is a top 50 anime tho. You right. I got it at 25, but that shyt could easily be between 26-35.

I'd rank Black Clover over AOT, it kept getting better, while AOT got less enjoyable, but still had its fire epic parts. I really just had to appreciate the action and mentally just say fukk the story at a certain point.

I kinda do that with CSM and JJK too. I rather a simple concept executed real well (Viral Hit for example) then some complex shyt you can't flesh out anymore after the 3rd season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Bolded is facts. AOT really got you hooked early but then it felt like it didn't know how to end it.
It truly is a top 50 anime tho. You right. I got it at 25, but that shyt could easily be between 26-35.

I'd rank Black Clover over AOT, it kept getting better, while AOT got less enjoyable, but still had its fire epic parts. I really just had to appreciate the action and mentally just say fukk the story at a certain point.

I kinda do that with CSM and JJK too. I rather a simple concept executed real well (Viral Hit for example) then some complex shyt you can't flesh out anymore after the 3rd season.
Honestly, something like SLF is a great in this regard. People sleep on it because it ain't about saving the world, but they miss the point of it. Just because a series doesn't have high stakes doesn't make it bad and SLF is just about a gamer gaming basically. The cast is entertaining as hell.

What makes it my favorite action anime and manga is into how in depth the author will go with it. You can tell that they are a gamer at heart.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses S2 Ep 9 with a great episode focusing on Riho and more on her issue growing up as a genius child actor. Adapted the chapters well minus the typical Tezuka art style and visuals.

Despite being a genius child actor, Riho has the saddest backstory of the 5 girls. Her mom is beyond awful overworking her daughter and a divorce because she wouldn't listen to her husband. Wouldn't let him see her daughter until she turned 20. I imagine him having a fear that she might be enjoying her life and she would resent him. Her understanding what happened to him brought hem back together.

dk3N1mC.jpeg

Unlike the thing with Ami's grandmother, they still really set the tone of the mother being beyond awful. Basically, in her first acting gig she saw the performance of a veteran actor and gave up. That actor being her future mother-in-law is funny. The fact those insecurities that made Riho's life a living hell is indefensible.

For once, Riho put her mother in her place. After all the times Riho was put down by her. On the outside it seemed cruel, which no surprise her dad got upset. While you can say both Riho and her mom failed. Riho hasn't given up on acting. Hell, her mom has given up on life essentially. Her saying I am going to have you take back the words of "I wished I never had you." was putting the motivation on her to get the treatment. Riho has a lot of character and this episode showed this.

AkEHG9m.jpeg

I do love the point Riho makes regarding her mom. At the end of the day, they are our parents. We can't pick and choose them. Yes, her mother is awful, but if it is possible to give her motivation to turn her life around in in the cards, that is the better option. After all, she is the other blood related mother Riho will ever have.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Honestly, something like SLF is a great in this regard. People sleep on it because it ain't about saving the world, but they miss the point of it. Just because a series doesn't have high stakes doesn't make it bad and SLF is just about a gamer gaming basically. The cast is entertaining as hell.

What makes it my favorite action anime and manga is into how in depth the author will go with it. You can tell that they are a gamer at heart.
Exactly. You definitely get what I'm talking about.. I fukk with that show heavy too. Everything don't have to be about saving the got damn world. Hell I think Tokyo Revengers did the whole time loop shyt better than AOT. Its just some simple shyt. Hell's Paradise is another simple concept. Put a bunch of killers on an island and give them a mission. Then it evolves from there. fukk all that crazy ass JJK shyt where nikkas gotta ask 17 fukking questions on what they just saw cuz they don't understand what the fukk just happened.

Yo my nikka you need to fukk with I parry everything. That shyt has the same simple concept, but its executed perfectly. You'd enjoy that. The animation is dope too and has some nice action sequences that get creative every episode. I just watched the 9th episode and so far if I had to rank the show it'd be in the 8-9 range right now.

I know his name is worthless on these anime streets, but its simple enough that even Bryan fukks with it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Senpai is an Otokonoko is a surprisingly well-written romance series through 8 episodes and for an even being surprise it has a well-written love triangle. It tackles the dynamic from each side rather than a lazy self insert love triangle which you see normally in the genre. Which is a rarity. Mc is an Otokonoko (identifies as female), so the main point of the series tackles what are gender norms, but uses that to create a well-written romance series. Those that like romance series should check this out.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
One thing I really liked about episode 8 is how it showcases the strength of the Loki Family very well. The Xenos which are a breed of intelligent monsters, and they can deal with them with no sweat. At the same time, it uses that to showcase Asterius, which we are given hints that it is the same Minotaur from season 1 that Bell beat. It is able to take on Bete, Tiona and Tione with ease.

Then to even add on we get the first time the Sword Princess into action. Coming in fresh she is capable of taking out one of Asterius's arms, but at the same time he is capable of holding her off. Gives a clear indication of Asterius's strength.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_10.16.49_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_10.20.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_10.20.54_AM.png

The rest of the episode is great as it deals with Bell trying to save Wiene. Unfortunately, he fails, and we get a great emotional moment since she feared nobody would save her. The issue is that Fells revives her and there doesn't seem much consequence to it? Does this apply to only monsters of any kind? This feels like a matter of wanting your cake and eating it too.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
SoL world building was really interesting to hear from Vesta and Gabriel about what is Magicules. The idea that things can be absorbed in it is interesting. Along with that, the kids won over Hinata pretty fast. Though she might just be a big kid, but as a big sister, she can be a great role model for them.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.51.27_PM.png

I really do like the symbolism of the big band's performance. As we see humans seeing monsters perform music. This might be something that was thought of as unthinkable. It really is what Rimuru wants with the union of humans and monsters. Yuki and Hinata were surprised that Yuki had no idea what Vesta's presentation was. In a way, it shows Rimuru's skills of delegation that he had in his previous life come to shine. He will put his subordinates in the best position that they will succeed. Also allows them to push forward in their research.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.40.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.00.54_PM.png

Luminous meeting is interested in two ways. Her giving him the ability of "Secret of Faith and Grace" is actually a big deal considering how he has so many followers. On the other hand, she mentioned two visitors having a suspicious aura. I assume this refers to Yuki and Maribel Rozzo.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.57.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.57.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.58.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_2.59.12_PM.png

Looks like we have our first serious meeting in a while. The issue Rimuru is having is being able to use their resources as payment. No doubt Yuki and Maribel's factions could be the ones involved. It's hard to say which one it definitely is, as even though Rozzo Faction is opposed to Tempest evolving even more, I can't put it past against Yuki to be stirring shyt.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.27.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.28.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.30.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.30.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_3.31.51_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Pacing still feels a little fast still. Pretty action episode that really does a number on Adonis mentally. Since the sword, Adonis helped Kir restore his sword, but he is in the shape of Tiziano. Though as Adonis triggered Tizano a few episodes ago, Belle triggers Kir. I feel like if the pacing was a bit slower, we could really see Belle's development as she has met more people. It is still there, but it is easy to miss IMO.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.09.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.16.33_PM.png

The quote "The rain of sorrow will freeze and starve you." This was interesting as the implication is that sadness would be her downfall in the fight. Which she got past. The divine tree from the swords eats at the soloists. It really is a fukked up situation. Does the divine tree reside in these swords naturally? Or is how Adonis revives the swords part of the solution? I still find it odd why Kir jumped at Sherry. Yes, she was the divine messenger who brought the orders to Belle. Was there something about that Kir was going after?

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.21.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.21.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.22.14_PM.png

We do jump to follow the event. Belle, despite being headstrong, really has depended on Adonis as her rock. Unfortunately with the Kir situation, his mental is fukked up. His saying of a partial corpse is interesting since from his perspective, his hands in a way bring death to those he touches. He got his own issues to deal with. Curious how it wraps up the last 2 episodes since supposedly we are getting 20 episodes with it split 10 episodes per cour according to rumors.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.24.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.26.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-30_at_5.26.30_PM.png