Damn the mind games One For All is laying on Endevor is dirty damn :picard:

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_12.22.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_12.22.51_PM.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I binged read the Kaiju No. 8 manga over a year ago and felt it was very good (some pacing issues late in the 2nd act imo) but it's even better than i remembered animated.

One of those shows like Demon Slayer that doesn't do anything new per se / takes concepts from other IPs (OPM and Gantz come to mind) but hits the mark with a likable MC + a charismatic/capable supporting cast. And the charm is fully realized in the anime.

Conversely, i haven't read the loser ranger book but the show itself, despite an interesting concept, feels like it's missing that same charm. The putty's new found endearment/conflicting emotions feels poorly paced.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Breh said Fairy Tail. :mjlol:

Wistoria is pretty good. I read the first 3 vols, and it is pretty solid so far. It is written by the Danmachi author, and it has comparison to Black Clover which people here like.

I binged read the Kaiju No. 8 manga over a year ago and felt it was very good (some pacing issues late in the 2nd act imo) but it's even better than i remembered animated.

One of those shows like Demon Slayer that doesn't do anything new per se / takes concepts from other IPs (OPM and Gantz come to mind) but hits the mark with a likable MC + a charismatic/capable supporting cast. And the charm is fully realized in the anime.

Conversely, i haven't read the loser ranger book but the show itself, despite an interesting concept, feels like it's missing that same charm. The putty's new found endearment/conflicting emotions feels poorly paced.
As someone who read a good portion of the manga this first season is covering too much content. (6 volumes/50 chapters in total) The middle portion of the season feels like a highlight of events. Very little holds weight. I heard S2 should be announced after the S1 finale. It starts the arc in the manga where imo the manga was starting to find its rhythm. Hopefully they only adapt 3 volumes in S2.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master Episode 13

What a fantastic episode. These last 3 episodes have been some outstanding 10/10 with some outstanding direction. @LordDeathwatch When you get up to this point your mind is going to be blown :damn: :mindblown: :damn:

Asebi is just awful. Honestly I wonder if what her true personality is because I don't buy the whole innocent act. I assume we will see her again. But she had no problems of sending Kasuke to rape Mashuo. God to think that was in her plans when Mashuo was defending Asebi against Shiratama a few episodes back.

The whole Samomo twist was outstanding. Nobody could have predicted that. The princess killing her own servant would seem outlandish to think. Essentially Asebi manipulated her. I do feel sorry for her because it's clear she had feelings for Asebi. Hard to say if it was romantic, or she wanted her to be in the family? Still crimes are crimes, but the fact her brother brought this to light makes the situation even worse. We saw a bit of the Dark Raven beneath Asebi when Yukiya saw her. I believe he got to see the true essence of her heart. A monster.

When Wakamiya called to Sumi/Hamayu that was the even bigger surprised. For Wakamiya the biggest hurdle is the politics of the 4 houses. He met not have any feelings for her and their relationship might not be much different than it is for Sumio and Yukiya. But at the end of the day he needs someone as a partner to help him fight this tough battle. Of course Wakamiya deserved that punch because god that line is just awful.

So Yukiya spent his time with Wakamiya and decided to head back. Good to see Wakamiya's resolve is unchanged even if he loses Yukiya's service. Very curious how the next arc will go. And what are the paths for each of the characters now? We seem to still be focusing on Yukiya, which is great because he is a very good lead.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.28.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.29.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.30.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.32.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.32.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.35.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.36.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.37.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.38.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.39.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.40.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.41.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.42.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.43.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.45.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.45.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.45.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.46.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.51.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-29_at_4.56.02_PM.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Breh said Fairy Tail. :mjlol:

Wistoria is pretty good. I read the first 3 vols, and it is pretty solid so far. It is written by the Danmachi author, and it has comparison to Black Clover which people here like.

As someone who read a good portion of the manga this first season is covering too much content. (6 volumes/50 chapters in total) The middle portion of the season feels like a highlight of events. Very little holds weight. I heard S2 should be announced after the S1 finale. It starts the arc in the manga where imo the manga was starting to find its rhythm. Hopefully they only adapt 3 volumes in S2.

Yup, this right here.

I feel the mc got invested in the side characters much quicker than we did. I could understand if it was the og red head because dude did maim himself to save ol buddy, and had some back n forth philosophical discussions with putty but these other folks..? not so much as a rocky montage lol.

Perhaps that is the plan, to allow the IP to breath in season 2.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Caught up with Demon Slayer for the finale tomorrow. Man Ufo with the Muzan drip at the end of the episode. :wow:. Just marvelling at the visuals is worth the watch.

Tbh I gotta rank this over Swordsmith Arc. :yeshrug: Even though there is no story progression because it's a training arc, Swordsmith just felt like the definition of mid even with Ufo carrying it per usual since the pacing was really bad. The backstories of both Giyu and Himejima backstories were good as they relate to Tanjiro. Pacing has been fine so it has made it an enjoyable binge.

Himejima kind of had a similar role that Tanjiro with taking care of the kids in his orphanage. Unlike Tanjiro he was able to fight back and defend them, but unfortunately circumstances screwed him over. Most likely the kid was traumatized, and the adults thought she was referring to Himejima and when she was talking about the Demon. I think Tanjiro can do a good job at showcases that kids like him are more curtious then he thinks.

Tho that one kid who sold them out :pacspit:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Kaiju episode was dope

But I'm also no longer expecting this show to do anything new, everything I've seen so far is setting up to follow storylines and tropes I've already seen so it's never gonna break into S-tier for me :yeshrug: kafka is Naruto until further notice

Maybe the revelation of what the Kaiju are doing to begin with will be interesting and throw me for a loop but I doubt