Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oblivion Battery Ep 10

Well it was nice knowing Commander Kei while he lasted. Although he was a ticking time bomb to his idiot self. Yamada's concern of being on the same team is something I can empathize. But imagining the idiot Kei was the way to alleviate his nerves. :mjlol:

We really got to see how dominate the battery is in this episode. Too bad it couldn't last for longer. Man Makita is an ass and Kirishima's line of him being a gorilla is really justified. I like how he he calls Haruka an elegant Gorilla since he is a great pitcher. Meanwhile, Makita is all fastball.

Considering how popular the anime is in Japan I feel like S2 isn't out of reach. I assume we would see Kirishima again if that happens.

Looks like next episode will be focusing on Chihaya's backstory. Let's see how good it is in comparison to Todo's backstory.
Yeah, I saw that coming, but it was nice to see the team's potential. I can see Kei snapping back to his old self later in the match. I think this match will mostly be about Chihaya overcoming his obstacle. I feel we had Todo's moment earlier in the season and now it's his turn. I think they're going to slowly build the team up, so they don't have to fully rely on Kei to carry. However, I can see Commander Kei helping the team throughout the series like he did for Yamada, but will revert back to himself.

I think the show should be safe for another season. The opening is by a very popular band in Japan, and the song has been ontop of charts in Japan for a while. I think something like that can go a long way for making a show safe.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I read Days With My Stepsister up to like volume 6 with fan translations. Very competent series. Leans more into drama. Finally something I can watch cause I’m past where the anime would finish up at. The studio and director seem alright. The screenwriter not so much but it’s hard to blow a layup.

Our Last Crusade is a great novel but didn’t translate to being a worthwhile anime. Might watch as a refresher though.

Alya is the quintessential stereotypical romcom. Does everything well for the most part but doesn’t do anything exceptionally. It drags its gimmick too far and the main relationship stalls out and doesn’t really progress. There are moments it seems like it might then resets to the status quo.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just Watched Black Butler: Book of Murder.

Overall I found this great. 9/10 You have the mystery of the murders in the mansion.

First was Georg von Siemens and at first glanced he gets killed in a locked room. So you think how could anyone realistically kill him. Well nobody did and he faked his own death. But ironically he was a target for the Queen, which led Charles Grey to kill him. It does bring me curiosity whom the Queen really is behind that mask? And how similar it is to her S1 filler counterpart.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_5.34.33_PM.png

Second was Patrick Phelps, and he was a more tragic case. He simply is a causality of the circus arc and snake. Simply put he was killed because he slept in Ciel's bed. Now Snake is right that Ciel and Sebastian were responsible for his mates demise. But it seems he was not involved in the kidnapping unlike the others surprisingly. Though it is quite cruel that Ciel lied about the fate of his friends.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_6.15.33_PM.png

Third was Sebastian and this is where the OVA got too fancy for its own good. It's unbelievable that Sebastian this early in the series would die. Now the most interesting thing is that Charles Grey intended to get rid of him. Now the decision to kill the victimized children in the fire rather than returning them to safety despite being traumatized seems to be a sticking point between the Queen and Ciel. Letting the children die is cruel to the queen. But isn't it more cruel to let those traumatized children to live. Ciel knowing they won't have a Sebastian to aid them. I would side Ciel made the right call.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_6.18.37_PM.png

Although dead ass Sebastian swapping between him and Jeremy seamlessly and able to hide his footsteps had me :dead:. I do feel bad for Arthur, he was a genuine good dude, that got caught up in a big act. The goal for Ciel was to simply be in the Queen's good graces and not catch the actual murder. Charles Gray serves the Queen and that would be an impossible task. His argument that detaining Carl Woodley is justified because he is responsible for other crimes. This shows once again Ciel and Sebastian while the protagonists, are not good guys.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_7.05.02_PM.png

Next planning to watch Book of Atlantic

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Oh yea I imagine it feels a lot better in a binge then weekly.
I can’t watch shyt week to week for most part I can’t get a proper sense of how I feel bout a show doing that has messed my impression up on numerous shows
Long running ones I can tolerate but usually I let episode build up for those
I read Days With My Stepsister up to like volume 6 with fan translations. Very competent series. Leans more into drama. Finally something I can watch cause I’m past where the anime would finish up at. The studio and director seem alright. The screenwriter not so much but it’s hard to blow a layup.

Our Last Crusade is a great novel but didn’t translate to being a worthwhile anime. Might watch as a refresher though.

Alya is the quintessential stereotypical romcom. Does everything well for the most part but doesn’t do anything exceptionally. It drags its gimmick too far and the main relationship stalls out and doesn’t really progress. There are moments it seems like it might then resets to the status quo.
I gotta rewatch the last crusade cuz the big ass disconnect for me novel and anime cuz I really like the novel but the anime wasn’t clicking for me when I watched it the first time around

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished Black Butler Book of Atlantic maybe this shyt was :wow:

Visually this was a big step up from Book of Circus and Book of Murder. Animation was very very well done and the fights as well. Especially the Elizabeth one, which was a big moment for her. Of course the fights at the end with Sebastian, Grell, Undetaker and Ronald were amazing. A bit slow at the beginning where the Queen has Ciel investigate reports of resurrections occurring. This is caused by Ryan Stoker, founder of the Aurora Society. Eventually a raid of undead humans get sent out on a rampage. Which were the results of human experiments.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_8.28.41_PM.png

Elizabeth stole the show in the movie in the 2nd act. We have always known Elizabeth to be an over the top cutesy girl. She has constantly given the vibe of a girl who needs to be protected. Well no doubt Ciel was always going to do that. In reality, she is an extremely talented knight and is more talented than her older brother. But the reveal happened at the best spot. Simply she was able to protect Ciel and herself from the undead. We finally get the full details of her angle when the attack on Ciel's mansion occurred. She lost the person she wanted to protect and pretended to be protected by. Her duty ensured that she would protect Ciel from this point forward. Now the deal with Sebastian makes things awkward here and partially tragic by the end of the series.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_9.02.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_9.05.59_PM.png

When the 3rd act started we learned that the one behind it was Undertaker. To put it simply he wanted to create chaos, but for what reason we don't know. What we do learn is that since he possesses a death scythe that he is a former Grimm Reaper. While he does get away we do get a big info drop of information regarding Ciel and Sebastian when they first met. At the start they weren't the perfect head of the Phantomhive and Butler of the Phantomhive. Ciel was a spoiled brat and Sebastian was an untrained demon. They worked hard to get to where they are now. Where now Ciel has his resolve fully set to get his revenge and Sebastian can claim his soul after he is done.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_9.53.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-18_at_9.53.43_PM.png

At the very least going forward, Undertaker is someone they will cross paths again. Curious what will be next for Ciel and Sebastian. Will start watching the Public School Arc next.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Hercules's "broadcast" of the Cell Games has to be the biggest finesse in anime history :wow: whole production team was on code and they got home safe

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
7th prince anime was not what I was expecting
shouldn’t have judged by how he was dressed breh got issues :russ:
But strong as fukk tho surprised how good it was too
It's kind of evident of what the author's fetishes are. :sitdown:

Personally the magic system is really dope, but given the Mc's age, and adding the ecchi fanservice to it was enough for me to say it's too much for me :hubie:

If the Ln ever gets translated I would be interested in reading it tho.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Mysterious Disappearances Episode 11

So we learned that the Cat Girl is the Cat Sovereign, and she is in charge of the curiosities that Ren has dealt with. She is obviously a thread, but I guess with how we have on episode left, I find it hard to see her being a focus.

One great thing with Oto is how much she has grown. It's basically been night and day. She holds not much memory of her past and grown to enjoy her time here. Does she really want to go back home even if she remembers nothing about it? I am sure Ren offering his life is not what Oto wants at all, and she would be deeply saddened if she knew what he was doing.

Nice to see Sumireko being able to write a story and that based on her time with Ren and Oto. Again though more and more, it is clear to me that Oto doesn't want to leave.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_10.58.40_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.05.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.05.05_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.06.59_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.07.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.07.21_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.14.02_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.33.34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.33.40_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.37.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_11.37.26_AM.png

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Viral hit started off crazy :laff: fukk outta here, buddy in the glasses beat the brakes off of dude in class once he seen he didn't have hands

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Black Butler: Public School Arc Eps 1+2

So essentially the Queen is having CIel investigate the student disappearances. This school are a rich boy's school basically with these ridiculous rules. They have you literally be a butler for a Senpai :skip:. Of course Ciel has Sebastian do the dirty work :mjlol:. The perfect 4 are literally the hotshot and leaders of each house. And of course the houses have a disdain for the other. Looks like the key to the investigation is to discuss it with the head master, which only the P4 can talk to. The key is to win favor through one of the P4.

Ciel got an opportunity, but damn Maurice Cole did him dirty. :mjlol: Ciel def going to come back swinging. Obviously Cole has a bunch of underclassmen do his dirty work for him. I am interested how this plays out.

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_4.31.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_4.33.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_4.40.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_4.42.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_4.50.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.11.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.13.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.18.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.18.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.19.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.24.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.26.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.27.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-06-19_at_5.28.20_PM.png

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Finished ep 3 of heavenly delusion

The brother freaky as hell getting turned on by being in his sister's body :skip: he a FAN he a FAN he a FAN

The whole segment with the other characters stuck behind a wall REALLY reminds me of haibane renmei

so the drawings in that place become maneaters in the other place? Breh probably has no clue too. Why can he ever draw something peaceful :dahell: it's always some nightmare fuel

The comments for this show always have me dead because half of them are calling this show the best of the season and say it has next, and then the other half are like "WTF is this, I wished I never watched this show, stop while you can :dead:" I've never seen an anime that had people so severely divided outside of devilman crybaby. If the show really goes too far like they claim I'll probably walk out, but its manageable so far

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished ep 3 of heavenly delusion

The brother freaky as hell getting turned on by being in his sister's body :skip: he a FAN he a FAN he a FAN

The whole segment with the other characters stuck behind a wall REALLY reminds me of haibane renmei

so the drawings in that place become maneaters in the other place? Breh probably has no clue too. Why can he ever draw something peaceful :dahell: it's always some nightmare fuel

The comments for this show always have me dead because half of them are calling this show the best of the season and say it has next, and then the other half are like "WTF is this, I wished I never watched this show, stop while you can :dead:" I've never seen an anime that had people so severely divided outside of devilman crybaby. If the show really goes too far like they claim I'll probably walk out, but its manageable so far
Oh keep watching and you will understand :pachaha:

It’s a well written series and the anime is really well directed. It deserves its praise