tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Great episode out of A Sign of Affection today. One of the biggest plagues in the romance genre is unnecessary drama via love triangle. So it's immensely refreshing for Itsuomi wanting to take of the issue before it escalates. Most series would let the love triangle play out to maximize drama.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.01.55_PM.png

Itsuomi recognizes that Yuki is not used to being in a relationship, and she gets tensed with them cuddling. Him signing that you are important to me and I want to treat you right was such a great moment. This even gets highlighted in his conversation with Oushi where he mentions a relationship goes both ways. And you both have to build trust with each other.

Oushi is simply not ready to be in a relationship period. Especially not one with Yuki where if we are being honest she would hate it. It feels like Oushi looks at things only from his perspective. But does he ever consider Yuki's side of things? How Yuki feels? He was never honest with himself. But considering how it seems how distant Yuki and Ouhi are from Yuki's perspective I wonder if he begged to wonder why that is the case? He's quick to point a finger of blame to Itsumoi with only speculation, but has he ever considered would Yuki want to be in a relationship with me?

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.20.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.20.14_PM.png

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
A show with rich with personality, that is well written, has top-notch world building, has none of the bullshyt you see in fantasy anime and has a story that gets you invested and engrosses you. Can't ask for anything more. The quality of the adaptation is just the cherry on top, but holy crap is it amazing.

Yesterday's episode might have been the best action episode I have seen in a good minute. You talk about elevating and expanding fights in the manga that are present on top. And then adding more to the big showdown of Frieren & Fern vs Frieren's replica.

Imo action is only as good as your investment into what is happening on screen. You saw that 2 of the contestants Lawine and Richter got blindsided and failed the exam because of it. In a matter of seconds it was just over for them. We have seen that a few times already. And Lawine in particular is one that the series spent time in the first part of the exam building you up to get you invested. This is a very similar reason why Shibuya is such an amazing action arc. There is consequence that it could mean death as we saw in that arc.

The other thing with action arcs comes when you know the Mc is safe. Like they ain't going to die and there is no real negative consequences of them losing. It becomes straight up predictable and boring. Shangri-La Frontier unlike a lot of action shows doesn't have a heavy penalty of dying because the setting is a fukking VR MMO. And because the penalty of Sunraku dying isn't of major consequence because he just loses equipment and some other stuff. The threat of him losing the fight is real because him dying isn't a game over.

About to get start reading this once I get through Roshidere, Unnamed Memory and Eminence in Shadow :blessed:

Hold up ain't this arc like 5-8 chapters :dahell:. That's like content they legit get through in that 1 hr special. This is basically a filler season. But that isn't a bad thing. I am interested how much effort they put into it tho :lupe:.

Think 1st episode has new material cuz I don’t recall what happened in the books except certain parts of it when I saw it in movie theater but then again been so long since I read the books

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
A noticeable lack of acknowledgement for JJK being voted Anime of the Year & Gojoas Supporting Character by the unwashed masses and the judges at Crunchyroll.

:mjgrin: @T-K-G Denji taking it this year?
What else drops this year?

Blue Lock could transcend still :wow: I didn't read ahead

But other wise yea if CSM gets that full 24 ep treatment there's too much well animated fukkery

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Great episode out of A Sign of Affection today. One of the biggest plagues in the romance genre is unnecessary drama via love triangle. So it's immensely refreshing for Itsuomi wanting to take of the issue before it escalates. Most series would let the love triangle play out to maximize drama.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.01.55_PM.png

Itsuomi recognizes that Yuki is not used to being in a relationship, and she gets tensed with them cuddling. Him signing that you are important to me and I want to treat you right was such a great moment. This even gets highlighted in his conversation with Oushi where he mentions a relationship goes both ways. And you both have to build trust with each other.

Oushi is simply not ready to be in a relationship period. Especially not one with Yuki where if we are being honest she would hate it. It feels like Oushi looks at things only from his perspective. But does he ever consider Yuki's side of things? How Yuki feels? He was never honest with himself. But considering how it seems how distant Yuki and Ouhi are from Yuki's perspective I wonder if he begged to wonder why that is the case? He's quick to point a finger of blame to Itsumoi with only speculation, but has he ever considered would Yuki want to be in a relationship with me?

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.20.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_12.20.14_PM.png

You on that Romance anime wave?

@LauderdaleBoss aint gonna approve of this

Neither is @RennisDeynolds

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh idgaf who approves or not. You watch shows for yourself and yourself only. If you're watching for someone else's approval you're taking a major L :ufdup:

I got nothing, to do with it…. But I’m telling you as a friendly warning…

You really don’t want no smoke with #ActionGang

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Bucchigiri Ep 8, not a big fan of the direction after this episode, but let's see what Mappa is going for here

Damn man, I got bad vibes this episode but to kill off Matakara's brother after how much we saw how much Matakara loved him. Damn this had to sting. :mjcry:

You know one thing this episode highlighted to me, major complaints about Arajin being an ass to Matakara. But in reality is it possible Matakara is more delusional about what his friendship with Arajin really is? And imagine you are getting praised for something that you know it is not true. Arajin is still an annoying simp, but in this episode we can understand his angle.

Curious where it goes from where now that Matakara and Ichiya could merge? Forcing Arajin and Senya to merge? Thus using the emotional fallout of between Arajin and Matakara for Ichiya to finally go after Senya. Curious how Shindo benefits from this? :jbhmm:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Looks like for the final arc of the season it doesn't seem like Ranga Crimson won't be doing the scene's justice. You have some elements I really like. Like Lia and Nazarena's relationship and how Naza basically raised Lia. And Crimson quite literally putting his heart on the line.

Especially coming off watching the insane animation and fight quality from Frieren, saying the episode from a visual standpoint is a disappointment might be an understatement.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Dangers in my Heart Episode 10 adapted the letter scene from the manga. And it was a powerful scene. As we see the newly introduced Hanzawa try to help the duo get closer like Moe does. Anna expresses her feelings in the letter in a very heartfelt manner. It does a great job of using show not tell. It shows us Anna's feelings and how much she has paid attention to Kyo. And building up that relationship to him is very important.

Bonus points given to this series for introducing Hanzawa and most series would create a love triangle and/or melodrama out of it. Instead, it used to push the relationship between the leads. Creating heartfelt and relatable characters is one of the many strengths of this series.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_5.37.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_5.38.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_5.38.18_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Apothecary Diaries Episode 22. One thing to note, I have been told the episode preview (which plays after the ED) for episode 23 contains major spoilers for next week.

fukking Lakan is a tool asking for Blue Roses :comeon:. I do like the build up where it showed Maomao growing the Roses. And man it had her exhausted. Not to say the effort was in vain or anything, but damn she looked awful. Thankfully she got some rest at the end. So basically the result to get the blue roses was to dye it and let it absorb it. Not the most shocking reveal, but man you can only appreciate Maomao's work ethic.

I love the monologue from Jinshi, where he is fine with people feeling various sins of emotions towards him. It makes them predictable. Just like in the real world the people you can't read or understand are truly the scariest people out there.

We go to the perspective of Lakan, and he really is a PoS. Just looking at other people as pawn, tools or stone meaning not even worth his time. :pacspit: I am curious what Maomao's plan is. We see him in a daze at the end of the episode. Either the roses or the scent of the fingernails might be triggering something. Or it could be something else entirely.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.14.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.19.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.21.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.21.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.28.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.28.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.49.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.51.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.52.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.52.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.54.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-09_at_6.54.34_PM.png