Balla

Superstar
Daps
Unlike some people here who preach Sub only. Dubs can be cool and tbh there are cases where dubs can match or be better then sub performances. Vivy was one that I found the Dub better imo.

Gotta say you are missing some really good JP VA performances tho. Yuji's va has been killing it these last few episodes :wow:. Maomao from Apothcary diaries. The whole cast in Frieren is on point basically. There is more examples I could list.

One big plus for JP voices is that the VA's embrace their character. A lot of these VA's shoot for getting roles in which they fully love the source material thus they have the connection with the character to do them justice. Not to say you don't get that with dubs but its a much rarer cases. Also the range of Va's in terms of changing slightly to show character development and other aspects which is cool to see.

Plus others said the wait time is a big killer. You could be waiting weeks or even months for a dub to start.

Tho for series based on manhua and manhwa series I do watch dubs cause obviously they don't orginate from Japan so I have doubt the above applies to them.
I really get what you saying breh, but sub just takes the immersion out for me. I gotta keep rewinding shyt to either see the scene I missed or to read the words again and it just messes up the flow for me so much.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

Call of the night is another anime I prefer sub over dub. I have no problem admitting that.

It’s funny because the animes that I do watch and are caught up with, no one really talks about (Dr. Stone and Kenshin) for example lol.

I’m so glad that Dr. Stone has an on time dub.

Animes need to stop playing and release dub and sub together at once because they are dividing the anime community and making me mad late when I want to discuss shyt.

:birdman::birdman:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Am I literally the only breh in here that mostly watches Dub?

:russ: :mjlol:
I watch dub situationally. If it's a show I don't care too much about to catch any and all dialogue or if I'm doing something else and I don't want to rewind I'll watch it dub.

Also, if I grew up with the show, whether it was on toonami/adult swim, etc. even if the sub is better I'll watch it dub for nostalgia purposes

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I really get what you saying breh, but sub just takes the immersion out for me. I gotta keep rewinding shyt to either see the scene I missed or to read the words again and it just messes up the flow for me so much.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

Call of the night is another anime I prefer sub over dub. I have no problem admitting that.

It’s funny because the animes that I do watch and are caught up with, no one really talks about (Dr. Stone and Kenshin) for example lol.

I’m so glad that Dr. Stone has an on time dub.

Animes need to stop playing and release dub and sub together at once because they are dividing the anime community and making me mad late when I want to discuss shyt.

:birdman::birdman:
Oh yea if you can't fully enjoy one option there is no point in forcing.

I mean the main goal is to keep up when it releases in Japan. It's just that there is a lack of resources when it comes to dubs. For subs they need to just get a good translation and making sure everything regarding the subs is on point.

Dubs are basically a whole new project. You gotta get voice actors, directors for each episode and more. I get the frustration on your end, but until more resources are given to dubs it is what it is at this point. :manny:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shy Ep 11 was a nice episode to cap this arc and set the stage going forward. In this stacked season its not the a real notable one to say, its decent. The first and this arc were really well done and directed. Issue comes with the stuff that came between. Maybe in cour 2 it could keep the momentum or it will go back to being disjointed and meh.

Both Pepesha and her mom bottled up their feelings and really never got truly express their feelings so it was nice for them to get that chance finally. :mjcry:

Basically the deal with Stigma is that he wants a world without adults. Basically in the sense he doesn't want to grow up. Which is a natural feeling for a lot of teenagers as they progress into adulthood. But obviously manipulating Iko and Tzveta feelings and redirected them for his desires is def messed up.

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.00.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.00.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.02.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.04.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.13.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.13.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.19.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.19.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.20.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.20.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-11_at_1.20.56_PM.png

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Finally restarting Attack on Titan. I caught for the first 20 or so when it dropped, but life gets in the way of media consumption. Now that it's finished....

Other than that - Kenshin, Goblin Slayer (meh), JJK S2, Zom100.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally restarting Attack on Titan. I caught for the first 20 or so when it dropped, but life gets in the way of media consumption. Now that it's finished....

I forgot goblin slayer never finished

That's one of those shows you never forget about due to the pure shock of the first episode :picard:

I feel like I'll continue it off the strength of the fact that I allowed my inner soul to be tainted and violated by it

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Issue with goblin slayer there’s only so much they can do with the formula. World building has been bare bones but the elf village this season was finally something in that regard.

Priestess moving up on the adventure rankings is nice to see but beyond that it doesn’t really offer much.

Instead of having goblin slayer being such a dry self insert they could build on his relationship with farmer girl and a few others would be cool. But we lose that.