T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Maybe I knew and forgot but the homie from Manben did Pluto :wow: I love hearing this dude talk with other artists, he's such a fan it makes you appreciate all that shyt even more

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Explain how you would've ended it.

They never depicted ymir as normal at all so I never expected anything normal to happen with her decision making, that didn't ruin the whole story or get me in my feelings like that on the rewatch :manny:

i can pick out a moment from damn near any story with questionable writing so what point are you trying to make? Post any story you think is goated and watch how easy it is to pick apart

I didn't say the shyt was perfect, I just don't hate it as much as I used to and alot of the older stuff didn't bother me at all either outside of Historia's role in this and the politics arc, neither of those were big enough to ruin the whole story for me tho.

Ircc didn't you and a few others agree that by the time the anime reached the ending we probably wouldn't care as much since we read it so long ago? Y'all in here salty like you just seen a long forgotten ex and ya got salty all over again

i like Vinland saga too :russ: that doesn't take anything away from AOT, it's literally just your preference, saying it's behind Vinland isn't a big deal because both are leagues ahead of most other storys in that regard, debating between #1 and #2 is a waste of time imo
When I read your post it sounded like higher praise that "I didn't hate it as much". If that's the case there's no need to keep this convo because we agree on that :yeshrug:

The whole point of a forum is arguing about shyt. You said that we're never getting another anime as human and I gave you an example of a current series :hubie:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"how should it have ended"

i dont know but when you got mind control, time travel, geopolitics, a random child soldier who exists just to never miss, igotnothing origins for the first titans, etc - lol

the narrative really just died with erwin the more i think on it. afterwards its just throwing shyt at the wall

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I just watched the new 3 episodes Slime that dropped with the OVA.

TImeline this seems to take place S1 and S2. And it is mainly meant to tease Luminous Valentine who is a demon lord who was first introduced at the end of S2. As well as Violet who appeared in Scarlet Bond. And there seems to be some other demon lords.

I am confused if this is canon since it references Scarlet Bond which I thought was not canonso I will ask @twan83 and @Black_Panther_JS regarding that whenever they watch the OVA.

We didn't get much from Lumunous Valentine which I assume has to do with the fact she plays a big role in S3. I say if you like Slime you will like this OVA. Feels more like a supplement tbh.

E4TbFlu.jpeg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man episode 18 fukking Broke me :mjcry:

I knew all this shyt was gonna happen but HOW they it did hurt so deep. :mjcry: Its def up there for saddest anime episode that I have seen.. Story telling much like Frieren is so fukking good. And ironically how it details a certain species as the absolute scum like Frieren. But its ironic how this race is compared to Frieren. This was some amazing story telling since we never knew what was going on in Helck's mind at the start of the season.

But boy did it amazingly showcased that. Easily one of the best from this season. If it had better animation it would be an AOTY candiate. BUt sadly a small studio picked it up.

Also this comment is telling what my thoughts are right now

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.32.08_PM.png

For a second I thought maybe Alicia could have a peaceful death, but she didn't even get that.

This one moment was like damn. We see Helck how he is joyful given the current events. Now it all makes sense. He continues to smile for Alicia. That makes the beginning part of the story even more heart breaking.

Looks like we will get back on track with the main story starting next week. I am looking forward to Vamirio's reaction to all this. (Piwi is asleep lol)

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.12.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.15.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.16.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.17.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.17.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.18.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.19.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.20.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.21.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.22.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.22.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.23.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.23.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.25.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.27.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.27.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-07_at_3.28.12_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

i dont know but when you got mind control, time travel, geopolitics, a random child soldier who exists just to never miss, igotnothing origins for the first titans, etc - lol

the narrative really just died with erwin the more i think on it. afterwards its just throwing shyt at the wall
Ending it open ended with the ocean scene before the timeskip would have been the best way for this series to go out.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
what did he set up that made sense

let me hear this lmao

series ended with eren talking a girl out of loving her rapist while jumping through time to flex on zeke yal trying to squeeze puzzle pieces together like mf right now

this dude couldn't even give hange her eye back in heaven :laff: lets not even get started on major shyt like historia

giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Years worth of "Final Seasons" just to have it end like that? It should have ended with Eren an unrepentant a$$hole. Just like Naruto should have been forced to kill Sasuke and the character shouldn't have been redeemed.

I know Light went out pathetic in Death Note but he never really apologized or felt any remorse he was just upset he got got in the end. These writers need to stop making these villain protagonist then trying to walk it back and humanize them.

The one thing Breaking Bad got right was Walt never bytched out on his vile acts. In the end he told his wife he was a terrible person and he did it for himself.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

I'll take a crack.

The time travel back and forth should have been cut from the jump. Should have just had the Attack Titan inheritors be on some Bardock shyt and see bits and pieces of their past/future/future inheritors without royal family connection. Because of it, Eren being a complete bytch for 3 out of 4 seasons gets explained as him being apprehensive because he doesn't know whether or not a certain action could lead to something.

It'd also make Grisha less of a bytch considering he went and found the secret Reiss ritual spot and gave up at the finish line, needing the future version of his son to come back into the past of his memories and boost his own pops up to get the job done (???????????).

Once Eren kissed Historia's hand, then he'd get the full past/future experience and could act accordingly. Start of Season 4 was great for this

Completely remove the entire Ymir thing. Could have just been Eren arguing with Zeke before ol girl entered the picture as it was, and finishing with Eren overpowering Zeke mentally, or getting Zeke around to his side.

Eren should have went back and ate Annie/killed her. She really served no purpose and was just fan service and acted as a shyt way for Armin to act like an idiot.

Eren wiped out a lot of fukking people in his little "I'll make my friends the hero" ending, so it really served no purpose since the countries were gonna glass the fukk out of Paradis anyway.

Should have ended up with Eren wasting pretty much everything, killing either Armin or Mikasa (or both) in the process along with most of the Survey Corps. One of the surviving important characters could get the death blow on Eren if you really want, but the series ends with a uncertain future as most of modern society is gone, allowing for a natural reset to happen w/ the survivors.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@tripleaamin I'm on Episode 6 of Dark Gathering and I think I'm invested. The goofy ass character designs had me skeptical at the start, especially Yayoi and her Soul Eater eyes, but it's done a lot of things right. The plot is interesting and there's plenty of moving pieces with the revenge, trying to get back to normal, whatever psycho stalker shyt Eiko has going on, so I'm hopeful on that end.

The characters are engaging, outside the MC who's annoying AF for some reason. I'm definitely digging this, looking forward to wherever it's going with all these threads and hopefully they don't fumble.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@tripleaamin I'm on Episode 6 of Dark Gathering and I think I'm invested. The goofy ass character designs had me skeptical at the start, especially Yayoi and her Soul Eater eyes, but it's done a lot of things right. The plot is interesting and there's plenty of moving pieces with the revenge, trying to get back to normal, whatever psycho stalker shyt Eiko has going on, so I'm hopeful on that end.

The characters are engaging, outside the MC who's annoying AF for some reason. I'm definitely digging this, looking forward to wherever it's going with all these threads and hopefully they don't fumble.
Kei is tough to sell on because he was traumatized and he wants to better himself. Still it doesn’t hide that he is pretty annoying especially early on.

Yayoi-chan carries this series especially early on. Similar to how goblin slayer Carries goblin slayer.

But the main purpose for Kei is for the reader or watcher to learn about the world from Yayoi-Chan. Kind of like how priestess learns from goblin slayer

You know I just compared a loli ghost collector with skull eyes with goblin slayer :skip:

Last edited:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I just watched the new 3 episodes Slime that dropped with the OVA.

TImeline this seems to take place S1 and S2. And it is mainly meant to tease Luminous Valentine who is a demon lord who was first introduced at the end of S2. As well as Violet who appeared in Scarlet Bond. And there seems to be some other demon lords.

I am confused if this is canon since it references Scarlet Bond which I thought was not canonso I will ask @twan83 and @Black_Panther_JS regarding that whenever they watch the OVA.

We didn't get much from Lumunous Valentine which I assume has to do with the fact she plays a big role in S3. I say if you like Slime you will like this OVA. Feels more like a supplement tbh.

E4TbFlu.jpeg

It’s anime original but it’s an adaptation of a side story that was written by Fuse for the S2 Blu Ray and the movie was also outlined by Fuse

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It’s anime original but it’s an adaptation of a side story that was written by Fuse for the S2 Blu Ray and the movie was also outlined by Fuse
That makes sense :ehh:

I was confused at the end of the 3rd episode why it was showing a preview of Scarlet Bond. Could be cool if they could make this stuff anime canon. Tho given how massive the Novels series is that wouldn't be easy.

Kind of surprised Slime only adapted 6 novels in 4 cours.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
nulm302rrxyb1.png

Few notes for new stuff on here.

• Don't even bother trying Kameibri, despite being created by Yoko Taro, the production is bloody fukking awful :scust:
  • Idk why they put Ron Kamonhashi with the Cute Boys Doing Cute Things group. Its detective gag comedy. And part 1 of the story gets better the further you get in. Tho the anime prob will just scratch the surface.
  • For Fantasy Action only bother with Undead Unluck. The one in the middle is more SoL with awful animation. And the later is a generic ecchi harem.
  • Shangri-La Frontier is better then just a Fantasy Game anime. It's easily in the top 3 for action shows this season. And once it gets deeper along in the game world it only gets better.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
That makes sense :ehh:

I was confused at the end of the 3rd episode why it was showing a preview of Scarlet Bond. Could be cool if they could make this stuff anime canon. Tho given how massive the Novels series is that wouldn't be easy.

Kind of surprised Slime only adapted 6 novels in 4 cours.

The anime oddly adapts the Manga rather than the Novel but at the same time includes things from both.

The anime’s 2nd Season noticeably drags things out a lot, the 1st Season adapts 4 volumes while the 2nd only adapts 2