winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
shyts about to heat up again real soon.
The bad part is we're on Season 2 and you're saying stuff like it's about to heat up.

I just have to accept that this Gundam is inferior to Iron Blooded Orphans. I had high hopes but them tethering this show to a high school dashed them. For much of season 1 we were stuck at that school with a limited perspective of the outside world. Feels like wasted time now that they're cramming all this outside perspective in the 2nd season.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The bad part is we're on Season 2 and you're saying stuff like it's about to heat up.

I just have to accept that this Gundam is inferior to Iron Blooded Orphans. I had high hopes but them tethering this show to a high school dashed them. For much of season 1 we were stuck at that school with a limited perspective of the outside world. Feels like wasted time now that they're cramming all this outside perspective in the 2nd season.
IBO is arguably top 5 Gundam and the best one in a long time. Comparing most Gundam to that is going to be unfair.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its actually kinda weird. I think Witch From Mercury is the best Gundam at being subtle :dead: Everyone can accept its an above average Gundam show, easily, but its just kinda wild at how they layer up a lot of stuff. Most runs won't ever have you looking backwards to see if clues were there to certain stuff.

Its not some GiTS/Psycho-Pass shyt, but its still a refreshing new effort for the franchise.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Tytania on Retro Crush :gladbron:

Muv-Luv Alternative and the Side Story on Crunchyroll :gladbron:

I'm about to get my space opera on :blessed:

There was another space opera that I swear began with "V", but I can't remember it. :francis:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
In terms of carnage and brutality, yeah. But as a story, it's just different. :myman:

To each his own though :yeshrug:
It's kind of like comparing Demon Slayer to either FMAB or HxH. Demon Slayer aint on either of these shows level, but it does its own thing very well. A simple story of a brother trying to save his sister. Simplicity works great and when add the insane animation and production budget it just takes it to another level. Gwitch and Demon Slayer are both good shows for the new generation.

Plus Demon Slayer will get kids to watch the classic shounens and same thing for Gwitch for other gundam shows.

I gotta be honest here if you think they are just cramming everything into part 2, you aren't paying attention.

The first half of part one was very very school heavy which is why it felt slow. And honestly I was rolling my eyes the reason for every match Guel was in. It was like bruh stop being an idiot and a simp. Tho where they have his character now it is great. But once it to the point when Miroine got her company up and running things from the outside perspective started to slowly creep in.

• Constantly in the school you see how Earthians are looked down upon on by Spacians. It is something the show is very consistent about. One point you wonder if this is just a bunch of spoiled kids, but it becomes very clear that the Spacians hold the absolute power over Earthians.
  • One thing that is talked about who is holding power as the president of the company that Delling runs. It is big deal that leads to the assassinate attempt Delling. As Shaddiq uses Nika's connections, Guel's father and his own as well to get into the best position. And him being more of the same goals as Nika isn't something I was expecting.
  • The stuff with Eri and Aerial. It was designed to be a twist. So obviously they didn't want to show their hand on that. But you kind of just wonder with the way Suletta and Prospera talk about Aeiral could Aeiral be Eri? Also I mentioned this before but the fact that Prospera went from a loving mother of Eri in the prolouge to where she is a manipulative force who is using Suletta as a tool.
  • Now the stuff with Quiet Zero was only mentioned once in part one, so I don't blame anyone for not remembering it. And this does need more explanation to it.
Basically part one did a very good job setting the table for all the stuff that we are seeing plus the connection to the prolouge is made clear. It does a better job then what you mentioned before. I am not comparing it to any of the goats in the gundam franchise. But it is a good entry and a good starting point to get new fans into the series me included.

Now one issue this show does have is most of the cast comes across as unlikable. Guel is prob the only character in the show i like and am rooting for.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Demon Slayer Episode 4 dropped

Muichiro is so nonchalant with his skills, but stays fukkin' demons up right and left and just seems........bored with it all.
like a nikka ready to clock out and throw on the PS5 after the fights.
what the hell is Genya??? :dwillhuh:

That nikka took a spear through the chest and still up and around popping off shots like its an 80's action flick

Tanjiro still takes too much unnecessary damage and he didn't even use his breathing technique this episode. but like Inosuke said in the Mugen train arc- he is always thinking in a battle and can adjust to any situation as needed to finish the fight. I know Nezuko can heal him with her blood demon art , but they were separated for like 90% of the episode

Guess we see the Love Hashira in action next episode

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Side Story is fire. :ohlawd: The main story I just started watching. :leon:

Something wrong with the main story?
Muv Luv Alternative is one of the better visual novels ever made. I heard that didn't translate to the anime.

If you want to watch a better anime from a visual novel Utawarerumono Mask of Truth is way better. It's also a better visual novel than Muv Luv at least to me.

You'd be better to watch the original and Mask of Deception first though.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
IBO is arguably top 5 Gundam and the best one in a long time. Comparing most Gundam to that is going to be unfair.

IBO was so good because of the character development. And to top it off the creators werent scared to kill the main characters.

I remember this thread being :francis: After almost every episode like breh they really killed him/her.

They played with our emotions for 24 weeks :mjcry:

This episode was crack.

Suletta saying she would murder everyone if her mother gave her the commend.

Prospera finally saying she out for blood

Aerial with the kill switch

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Prospera is becoming the only reason I even watch anymore. She will do anything and use anyone to achieve her goals. I didn't even notice it was Noto Mamiko voicing her. She sounds like she's just having a ball in the booth playing this evil character.