Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finished watching this movie called Josee to Tora. It's along the lines of Koe no Katachi in that it involves a girl with physical disabilities, but it's less focused on the limitations and consequences of the disability. More about working towards goals regardless of whatever obstacle stands before you. There's a point that you forget the girl can't walk, or at least it becomes ancillary to all that she can do, because she no longer allows that to define her (with the help of one special person). This is also reciprocated to the other lead who at some point needs help overcoming a hurdle that threatens to alter his life, which she then comes in clutch with the positive encouragement. All around wholesome stuff as it succeeds in a way that anime romances typically fail to execute (if they even try to).

It did get melodramatic in the end in the way that these stories almost invariably do - lack of communication leads to problem x y & z
, but it wrapped itself up damn near perfectly. Would give it a 9/10 will watch again.

Followed this review and just watched the movie. It was good flick, the lead up to the final scene was annoying as shyt though. "Lack of communication" is such an overused troupe I'm kinda done with it unless done masterfully and this wasn't it.

Also, why do these films (and some anime) LOVE to have a female character that's basically the best person in the world and is in love with the MC. But she never gets to be with dude and always sacrifices her love so the MC can be with the "new shining toy" :pachaha:

I get the lesson is "you don't always get what you want" so it can contrast the MC's story but shyt man, why do they always do these characters that are legit good people so dirty :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Everytime I come in here. There’s is this lingering elephant in the room and I’m disappointed by the lies and dishonesty.

Hopefully the new blood will do better.

@twan83 and @winb83 i know both of y’all are watching it

But anyway…… damn this last ep of Rankings was something else. Happy Bojji didn’t cry again but nice fight.

86 was a fukking emotional nightmare, damn I thought Shin was gonna meet ….. but I guess there’s more story to tell

Watching Genius Prince now…. He different after putting in that knife work:demonic:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for real, you look at the art and the premise, you're like :scust:

next thing you know, you're literally trapped in a maze of plot twists and hoping nothing happens to Hiling

Protect Hiling at all costs. I love everything about her and I like how her flaws actually make her character better.

Same with Daida, Berbin, and damn near everyone.

Show has been subverting my expectations like crazy.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Followed this review and just watched the movie. It was good flick, the lead up to the final scene was annoying as shyt though. "Lack of communication" is such an overused troupe I'm kinda done with it unless done masterfully and this wasn't it.

Also, why do these films (and some anime) LOVE to have a female character that's basically the best person in the world and is in love with the MC. But she never gets to be with dude and always sacrifices her love so the MC can be with the "new shining toy" :pachaha:

I get the lesson is "you don't always get what you want" so it can contrast the MC's story but shyt man, why do they always do these characters that are legit good people so dirty :russ:

Often times I'll feel pity for the loser of the triangle when it doesn't come across as genuine for the MC to choose option B over A that has been there for years. But because this film barely focuses on Mai's perspective - we don't know much about her, it didn't move me when she got rejected in favor of Josee. I think it did well to separate the two interests in terms of what the MC cares about, too. Better than other stories where the difference is just stock personality types and aesthetics.

That final stretch was the worst part, for sure. The forced melodrama that these shows seem to be incapable of avoiding came at the worst time. I appreciated the final scene and ending credits though.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Everytime I come in here. There’s is this lingering elephant in the room and I’m disappointed by the lies and dishonesty.

Hopefully the new blood will do better.

@twan83 and @winb83 i know both of y’all are watching it
What are you talking about now?:martin:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
86 was a fukking emotional nightmare, damn I thought Shin was gonna meet ….. but I guess there’s more story to tell

Watching Genius Prince now…. He different after putting in that knife work:demonic:

The way they handled Shin's character from the start of part one has been phenomenal. I thought the battle towards the end of part one was emotional. But man the last 3 episodes for 86 just took that to the next level man.

Genius Prince has been getting better since those awful first two episodes. Tho it does feel different then Realist Hero of how they do politics. Altho Wein's girl is a keeper and he knows it too. Legit attacked that king or whatever his title was for insulting her.