Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
So I guess I'm the last one on Earth to find out Bandai stopped distributing their material to retailers. :snoop: I went to cop the Cowboy Bebop Complete Collection today and noticed it jumped $50 from the last time I checked the price in 6 months ago :why:

download the remix set, burn it to dvd and watch it on ps3/360 = profit

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
So I'm watching Kill Bill right now and came upon the Lucy Lui anime short segment part of the film and realized that the majority of the anime I've seen doesn't come near the quality and detail as that anime short did

Can someone name any anime series or films that have the same level of detail and quality as that anime short did?

:ohhh:

:stopitslime:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I dunno doggs, I think I cant rock with these new animes

I grew up on mange entertainment tapes from blockbuster video with ghost in the shell, ninja scroll, fist of the north star, vampire hunter d, macross and gundam back when ish was underground as hell

if y'all got some ill shyt like that, please give recommendations

even though i did peep this little 12 ep joint a while back that looked like some kiddie shyt but was fukked up it was shadow star something and it was kinda like pokemon but fukked up

You def grew up in one of the goat era of anime which was from the late 80s to late 90s, and those are all certified classics that you named..but the ones you watched are feature films and they rarely make those anymore unless its a feature film from an anime tv series which is never gonna be as good as manga entertainment, so you're used to quality..but at the same time you missed tons of classic anime tv series because you rented movies from blockbuster during that time and from what I can remember they never really carried anime tv series.
You might like Baccano, beserk, Samurai Champloo, death note, ghost in the shell stand alone complex, and ghost in the shell SAC second gig, Black Butler, Paranoia Agent which are great newer tv series marketed for an older crowd, I just watch a lot of classic anime that I happened to miss or revisit it..the girl at the anime store recommended Gunslinger girl a few weeks ago, so ill peep that when I free up some time..but as far as newer good feature films..all I can think of is vampire hunter D blood lust, Paprika, the 3D animation apple seed and redline which I didn't like..

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
LegendNas said:
Not trying to be funny but does anyone in here know of a good Hentai anime to recommend?

If you're new to the H-animé game, you can't go wrong with Bible Black. There are 2 series with the second taking place a few years after the first. Should be relatively easy to find via Google.

I got a few more H-animés to recommend, but they are a bit more......intense.

How 'disturbed' do you want to be? :shaq:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
So I'm watching Kill Bill right now and came upon the Lucy Lui anime short segment part of the film and realized that the majority of the anime I've seen doesn't come near the quality and detail as that anime short did

Can someone name any anime series or films that have the same level of detail and quality as that anime short did?

:ohhh:

:ehh: that's a good question..the theme to that scene reminds me of an old classic manga/anime called "crying freeman" about a Chinese mafia boss but the animation is as fluid as "aeon flux" and "red line"..I would start with the Ghost In the Shell movie where they used computer graphics for the first time in some of the scenes to do what they couldn't do with cell paint to get those type of efx...and it's not cheesy unlike most of the anime that use computer graphics..

Also you might not like it, but princess mononoke has one of the best animation..I remember when it dropped on VHS my boy stole it out a Japanese book store in Japan Town SF, but when we got home to play it it was in Japanese with no subtitles so we had to guess what the story was about, but we were blown away by the movie..

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
:ehh: that's a good question..the theme to that scene reminds me of an old classic manga/anime called "crying freeman" about a Chinese mafia boss but the animation is as fluid as "aeon flux" and "red line"..I would start with the Ghost In the Shell movie where they used computer graphics for the first time in some of the scenes to do what they couldn't do with cell paint to get those type of efx...and it's not cheesy unlike most of the anime that use computer graphics..

Also you might not like it, but princess mononoke has one of the best animation..I remember when it dropped on VHS my boy stole it out a Japanese book store in Japan Town SF, but when we got home to play it it was in Japanese with no subtitles so we had to guess what the story was about, but we were blown away by the movie..

props

only problem is that I already seen everything you've mentioned and now i want more piff that rivals that Kill Bill anime short

:ohlawd:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
props

only problem is that I already seen everything you've mentioned and now i want more piff that rivals that Kill Bill anime short

:ohlawd:

You might wanna try the director who did:
Perfect Blue
Tokyo Godfathers
Paranoia Agent
And I think he did Paprika

The animation is great, but the thing about his stuff, is that its too phycadellic, dream sequences, and shyt that makes you think too deep..it's like a good acid trip..I'm not really into it.

There's another film that is great and I can't remember the name..it's like tekenmon or tegan something..I can't find it cuz I forgot the name..it came out about 7 years ago and if I can remember its about some kids that live in the slums..but the animation is dope..

Another one that I think had dope animation but its a shytty story line is Blood the last vampire the movie..I think that's what's it's called..

But yeah..that kill bill short is dope...

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Another one that I think had dope animation but its a shytty story line is Blood the last vampire the movie..I think that's what's it's called..

But yeah..that kill bill short is dope...
g

You might want to try other Blood titles. Blood+ and Blood-C. Blood+ was a'ight but Blood-C is complete :trash: and just a mindless gorefest.

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
I'm actually looking forward to some of these new spring anime shows coming up. I finally looked at the list and they're atleast five shows that catch my interest.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
You def grew up in one of the goat era of anime which was from the late 80s to late 90s, and those are all certified classics that you named..but the ones you watched are feature films and they rarely make those anymore unless its a feature film from an anime tv series which is never gonna be as good as manga entertainment, so you're used to quality..but at the same time you missed tons of classic anime tv series because you rented movies from blockbuster during that time and from what I can remember they never really carried anime tv series.
You might like Baccano, beserk, Samurai Champloo, death note, ghost in the shell stand alone complex, and ghost in the shell SAC second gig, Black Butler, Paranoia Agent which are great newer tv series marketed for an older crowd, I just watch a lot of classic anime that I happened to miss or revisit it..the girl at the anime store recommended Gunslinger girl a few weeks ago, so ill peep that when I free up some time..but as far as newer good feature films..all I can think of is vampire hunter D blood lust, Paprika, the 3D animation apple seed and redline which I didn't like..

I actually saw and have since downloaded berserk and I the only thing that pissed me of was the ending, I havent watched any of the new movies they put out, because my feeling is whats the fukking point just to rewatch the same same series in movie form

I also have champloo (and downloaded the soundtracks, fukking fire) I saw death note and even saw the 1st live action movie, downloaded and watched gits and all the movies

I never saw baccano, I heard black butler was kinda lame and I have the appleseed movies, I like the 80s one better than the 3-d bullshyt though (probably because the 80s appleseed dub has like nothing but profanity throughout the whole movie), I got both Vampire Hunter D Movies and the 2nd one put me to sleep, making D a fukking simp and shyt, never saw redline

I also liked gungrave, besides fist of the north star, cowboy bebop and dragon ball z it's like the only show I went through more than once because I liked it that fukking much

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Suiken said:
You might want to try other Blood titles. Blood+ and Blood-C. Blood+ was a'ight but Blood-C is complete :trash: and just a mindless gorefest.

Got all of 'em. Blood C was mindless entertainment especially if you got the uncensored version. What I'm waiting on now is the second season of this....

Japan in the early 21st century, in an alternate reality where the Tokugawa Shogunate has remained in power. In this reality, student councils are tasked with oppressing schools. Yagyuu Muneakira is a high school student who rebels against his student council with the help of girls who've had the names of famous samurai heroes passed on to them.

Last edited by a moderator: