LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
5 Sec to Battle was dope and had a decent ending. The animation is the only thing that really held the show back. It balanced the fukkery and scheming perfectly with the action. Pacing was good whereas it never got boring. Would love to see a 2nd season.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Brehs what are the best survival battle royale type animes or manga?
I just got finish watching Squid Game and seen Alice in Borderlands, and really like this type of genre.

Darwins Game
5 secs to battle
King's Game
BTOOM

I enjoyed all these anime which have similar vibes to what you listed.

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
Brehs what are the best survival battle royale type animes or manga?
I just got finish watching Squid Game and seen Alice in Borderlands, and really like this type of genre.

Finished watching ep 2 of Squid game .:whoo:

Squid game is very similar to the manga series Liar game. Liar game is a masterpiece....a must read. I remember binge reading 18 volumes in 2 days.

An uncommonly naive college student named Nao Kanzaki receives a package containing 100 million yen (about US$1 million) and a note that she is now a contestant in the Liar Game Tournament. In this fictional tournament, contestants are encouraged to cheat and lie to obtain other contestants' money, with the losers forced to bear a debt proportional to their losses. When Nao's first opponent, a trusted former teacher, steals her money, she seeks assistance from a con man named Shinichi Akiyama. Though they manage to defeat him, Nao and Akiyama decide to buy out his debt and advance through different rounds of the Liar Game Tournament against merciless contestants, while at the same time attempting to free their opponents from debt and defeat the Liar Game organization from within.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Summer season is over and tbh while it was mid it was still very enjoyable. It just didn't have that must-watch show like AoT, Mushoku Tensei, JJK, 86 or Vivy. 2 of the 3 hyped shows Slime and Tanmoshi were both disappointing to different degrees. Slime for not stepping up in the class of Mushoku. Tanmoshi with one of the worst recent adaptations. I heard Dragon Maid delivered and their fans loved it.

Anyway here is how I would rank the shows for this season:

Vanitas no Carte
To Your Eternity
Slime Isekai
Realist Hero
Dragon Quest: Adventures of Dai
Tokyo Revengers
Bokutachi no Remake
Battle Game in 5 Seconds
MHA
Tanmoshi

My top 5 for AotY is:

1) Mushoku Tensei
2) 86
3) JJK
4) Fruit Baskets
5) AoT
Hm: Vivy

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shows I'll be watching for the fall:

Fena
Demon Slayer
Mieruko-Chan
Mushoku Tensei
Moon Laika and the Bloodsucking Princess
Takt Op. Destiny
Komi-san
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat
Banished from the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside
Aquatope
Platinum End
Blue Period
Taishou Otome Otogibanashi
Dragon Quest
The Faraway Paladin

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Any anime/manga similar to Crows?

sadly, nah not really. We were just talking a few pages back about how it's crazy there's a lack of anime in that genre.

edit: @KateFabersBoyfriend oh, manga? Out, Worst, Holyland (if you wanna read about a kid training and beating the shyt out of goons),

:patrice: there's one that's about this dude basically running a local criminal empire, real filthy shyt. Nit for the morally squeamish. I can't think of the name of it right now.

:heh: sorry for the delayed edited response I'm so used to only certain manga being talked about in this thread, my brain literally glossed over the word "manga" when I read the post.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn, you're right. My bad. GANTZ is mad popular too, but I don't think it was better than the shyt I listed. At the least it didn't end/conclude as good as those did.

I never saw 2 of them

BTOOM and Kings Game……:ohhh:

I will add them to the list:mjgrin:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I will add them to the list:mjgrin:
giphy.webp

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Miku is the MVP:wow:. Hate it had to be my nikkas tho. Hopefully Itaden has another season but unlikely since its based on a webcomic thats hunter x hunter status since 2016. :mjcry: