MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
86 is deceptive. The characters they killed off so far are just props to develop part of the core group of characters. If anything it’s been said the anime showed more of them. I’m only on light novel 6 so I can’t say anything beyond that. I wouldn’t compare it to Attack on Titan that at times bodied major characters. It’s also not as deep in the game either at that was when major characters were killed.

I’m expecting 86 to convert a major character into an antagonist. I dread it but expect it.

War-type plots usually have that. One person wants to get out of it, while another makes it worse because their life has revolved around it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Terror In Resonance

24752e9acd20f9012ccfadc23743dfa6.gif

Then a Monster rewatch since I forgot what episode I was on :snoop:

animesher.com_boy-gif-beautiful-1344097.gif

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
c91f908c899000bf0281950f2432b2d8b5273f67.gifv

72fec3661ec006099ec1fdfbbb237a42882b9c9d.gifv

all this effort for a moe anime. its a struggle to get shows dedicated to action to look this good.

I think in a way, Kyoto is also doing this as a way of coping. Since this is the first big project after the attack. So not just in a way of healing, but doing their part to honor the fallen by showing what Kyoto should be known for, animating.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I think in a way, Kyoto is also doing this as a way of coping. Since this is the first big project after the attack. So not just in a way of healing, but doing their part to honor the fallen by showing what Kyoto should be known for, animating.

I thought the same when watching. Episode was a loud statement on what KyoAni prides itself on and how much passion they will put into their projects even post tragedy.

You can really tell when a studio is organized, has a solid production committee and loves what they do. That was evident today.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This episode kind of got me more invested in the show now. We finally get introduced to Mikoto and he is scary and insane. Unlike Sally who seems to be our super sweet heroine. Mikoto on the other hand is a Sadist. Not only did he want to humiliate Meki. But he wanted to make her suffer eternally by removing her horn and eye. He does seem to have a pretty sad backstory.

One key difference is that the peach is only in one of Sally's eyes while it appears in both of Mikoto's eyes. Both seem stupidly overpowered. But perhaps having two implies more control over their powers. Since Mikoto was able to revert to "normal" rather quickly while Sally just passed.

Now we got our group together after the town being destroyed. One thing that is interesting to note that while it's Sally's goal to meet up with Mikoto, he doesn't seem to care whether he sees her or not.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Caught the first episode of Aquatope (it is an Anime original). It has my interest so far. The art style looks absolutely amazing. It is a Slice of Life so I am not really expecting too much out of it tho.

Last edited: