LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Lets be reality a lot of anime can be seen as pretentious if we go off of their fanbases. Cowboy bebop honestly has a pretentious side to it's fanbase and its still one of the GOATs because you can just ignore the bebop stans who hate on everything else.

To be honest, there's parallels between those types of bebop fans and booth posters who will attack you if you think a post-90s non boom-bap artist is good :pachaha:

Say it again for the nikkas in the back.:wow:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I’m not fully caught up but I remember him running from his body donor’s student and worried he was gonna get bodied by her so he can’t be that nice.

Where the anime is he's far from the strongest, even as OP as he seems. Hinata is pretty OP herself too so he didn't want those problems.

He's a Demon Lord now though so he's way stronger than he was previously.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
im confident it will it won award as best new upcoming novel when it started and it has a good following and if im correct before airing had good sales which now are even more so it’s fits the bill for another season having said that the industry is bonkers cuz shows that have done that never get another season or do damn near decade later
I hope so. I want to see that crazy march at the end of vol 5 animated.

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
gundam is just giant robots and simps :yeshrug:

macross though tried to teach :francis: an alien race simped literally one time and got fukking ended. civilization destroyed

meanwhile backstage

macross-do-you-remember-love-minmay-hikaru-slap-5.jpg

The pimp hand was strong in old animes.

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
Jujutsu Kaisen (If you count it bleeding into the year) is Anime of the Year so far.

Other Top 4 in no Order
To Your Eternity
Tokyo Revengers
OddTaxi
Fruits Basket

86 for me in a way felt bland, like I didn't feel invested in the characters because they ended up dying just as quickly. Even one of them died off-screen. For me I felt like it was trying to ride the Attack on Titan wave, but empty in a way. Now I am not a reader of Novels/Manga, so if they skipped material and pulled a Promised Neverland S2, then maybe that's why I didn't feel so invested.

I feel you on 86...but for some reason I really like the light novel.:ehh:

My fav shows for spring 2020 :

1) Tokyo Revengers
2) Megalo Box Nomad
3) Odd Taxi
4) Fruits Baskets

I still need to finish to your eternity( shyt is too sad).

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I feel you on 86...but for some reason I really like the light novel.:ehh:

My fav shows for spring 2020 :

1) Tokyo Revengers
2) Megalo Box Nomad
3) Odd Taxi
4) Fruits Baskets

I still need to finish to your eternity( shyt is too sad).

Its why I don't compare the two. With a budget, sometimes you have to cut scenes out that could help fill the plot. So it was just on the basis of the Anime itself.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:dame: Dragon Maid SZN 2

:dead: Did that new Dragon just use some sort of spell to give Kobayashi a dikk while she slept in that train? She was saying shyt about her being 'manish', and from her reaction looking down, she might have been turned Male.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its why I don't compare the two. With a budget, sometimes you have to cut scenes out that could help fill the plot. So it was just on the basis of the Anime itself.
86 is deceptive. The characters they killed off so far are just props to develop part of the core group of characters. If anything it’s been said the anime showed more of them. I’m only on light novel 6 so I can’t say anything beyond that. I wouldn’t compare it to Attack on Titan that at times bodied major characters. It’s also not as deep in the game either at that was when major characters were killed.

I’m expecting 86 to convert a major character into an antagonist. I dread it but expect it.