winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it can be high stakes in the scheme of the world (MHA sucks at this because they never built a world worth caring about) or high stakes as the scheme of character dynamics (which they're inconsistent in).

kishimoto is a hack, but he could at least consistently put the characters he did feel confident in into positions where they could shine. MHA seemingly does it by accident because the last time this happened was in S2

"they're just trainees" doesn't work because there's no weight to anything they do. there's plenty of shows where entire themes are centered around meaningless tasks. who's really putting in work and growing? their idea of training one kid was to put him in a hot tub :mjlol: and because the writer knows that's wack, they started slapping gadgets on everyone. its pathetic. there's no satisfaction to what they show off afterwards because the road itself is wack.

there's more development and weight to a cooking show than MHA. its more satisfying to watch megumi craft a new noodle dish than these animation showcases in MHA :yeshrug:
Shokugeki bas a better cast of characters than MHA. The protagonist is light years better.

They're just trainees works here because they're training to be heroes. Hero trainees aren't supposed to be the first line of defense against full fledged villains. In order for that to work you have to make the full fledged heroes completely incompetent. Heroes vs villains this is supposed to be high stakes by nature.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Shokugeki bas a better cast of characters than MHA. The protagonist is light years better.

They're just trainees works here because they're training to be heroes. Hero trainees aren't supposed to be the first line of defense against full fledged villains. In order for that to work you have to make the full fledged heroes completely incompetent. Heroes vs villains this is supposed to be high stakes by nature.
do you get what i'm saying about developing these characters?

it doesn't matter what title/status you attach to these individuals. call em ninja, cooks, pilots, heroes, titans, dancers, poker enthusiasts, teachers, boxers, etc. the problems of what they've built and shown over time persists.

the heroes as a whole have *never* been competent in MHA. why do the cast even want to be heroes? shyt, gravity girl has more reasons to be a goon than in school if you really line her up against the world that MHA has created. that's how sloppy that show is. even my little brother done with MHA.

and the bad guys in this? :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I can’t disagree. :francis:

JJK took all of MHA juice. Itadori is more interesting than Deku and son is mad basic but doesn’t annoy me.
worse thing for a protagonist isn't to be loved or hated too much, its when people are completely indifferent about him no matter what he does :unimpressed:

gotta throw the whole MC away

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dr stone s2 had me :laff: :dead: :mjcry:
Man I love this series tho
So I’m slightly ahead of s2 reading the manga but fell behind on the release for it time to go manga shopping again

Man watching Dr. Stone was a treat. :wow:

It honestly might be my favorite show out of everything that came out in the winter. Its uniqueness is one of the great things about it.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
So I’m slightly ahead of s2 reading the manga but fell behind on the release for it time to go manga shopping again

I finished season 2 not that long ago and it reminded me how much I love Dr Stone :wow:

I stopped reading manga weekly a while ago so they can stack up so I’m behind on everything, but I seen what happened in Dr Stones last chapter and it makes me wanna pick it back up

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
d180104b46b309c98d72477b6b9a52d027b5336e.gifv

28cd715229fa0c0b9f3fb7a53c34ae0fd5555d0c.gifv

80% of these DBZ films is the Z fighters getting violated, then Goku saving the day with a spirit bomb.

it was nostalgic and funny for a while. now its kinda sad to see these guys get washed for 30 minutes straight by some non canonical villian with zero resistance.
As a person who has seen all of the original 12 films countless times, its funny how most after Movie 1-3 and the first Broly just are so interchangeable just different villian.

I may be the only person who thinks Cooler II >>>>>> I

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I gotta catch up on that..... it kinda got lost in the mix of all the great shows we has last season (and all of the fukkery good and bad we had in here)

Hopefully the Stone Wars will be as great as the Zest Wars:mjgrin:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
some GOAT animation in that shyt :wow:

When I finished the series I had look up wtf happened to the animation and stumbled on this...

The Very, Very, Very Confusing End of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion,' Explained

During its original run, the finale alienated a lot of Evangelion's fans, who were nonplussed at the bizarre, postmodern clip show that makes up most of the final two episodes. It's a far cry from a theme as straightforward as "Get in the robot, Shinji!!!" of Episode 1. Some who worked on the show cite production issues and budget cuts, which forced the animation studio to rely on cheaper options to finish out the season. Plus, creator Hideaki Anno himself apparently hadn't decided how he was going to end the show until the last minute.

:skip:

Troll the shyt out of people brehs.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Here is the extra pages with the full pages combined on ending for attack on titan
Attack on Titan Chapter 139 (+ Vol. Pages) | TCB Scans

anime only don’t click on it u been warned just spreading word since some don’t use other thread

You b*stard:russ:

Tempted

But I will wait :wow: