42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I find that to be the most interesting part of the show, personally, that and the world itself.

The show only drags when they start doing filler like the class festivals and what not, but the hero training is interesting, IMO.
"feet are for kicking? :ohhh:"

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
"feet are for kicking? :ohhh:"

Okay except for deku :dead:

Which brings me to the thing I dislike about MHA the most, which most people agree with, deku cant carry this show, his powers arent interesting enough and he doesn't have a likable personality. You get attached to him at the beginning with his quirkless backstory and then slowly become less attached as the series goes on.

But in terms of the show being held down because it's kids in an academy training? Definitely not. I was calling the show the second coming of OG naruto because of that aspect and liked it for it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Which brings me to the thing I dislike about MHA the most, which most people agree with, deku cant carry this show, his powers arent interesting enough and he doesn't have a likable personality. You get attached to him at the beginning with his quirkless backstory and then slowly become less attached as the series goes on.

But in terms of the show being held down because it's kids in an academy training? Definitely not. I was calling the show the second coming of OG naruto because of that aspect and liked it for it.
it had the potential to combine the best of naruto with the most attractive aspects of a lot of these sports anime :wow:

deku low key had ippo energy with a kuroko approach to the game

now its tanjiro szn and he calling the strongest demon he ever seen a fukkin coward :wow::wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I find that to be the most interesting part of the show, personally, that and the world itself.

The show only drags when they start doing filler like the class festivals and what not, but the hero training is interesting, IMO.
I find the most interesting part of the show to be the heroes and villains battling. I'm not really for tournament arcs and training arcs and high school hijinks.

Deku doesn't have to carry the show. The main protagonist usually isn't the best character anyway.

The problem is these are kids training at an academy in a world with actual heroes. Those heroes are more qualified to do battle with the villains than those kids are. Unless we're gonna warp the power scale Naruto style and make some of the kids insanely overpowered how can they justify trainees doing battle with the shows villains aver the actual full blown heroes?

The show needs a time skip to make the kids into heroes or at least early days heroes out on their own.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the heroes and villains battle almost never tho :unimpressed:

and maybe someone else could carry the show if they weren't being shyt on (like bakugo) or getting some convoluted tangent storyline (endeavor fam)

the heroes fukkin suck too. nobody taking whaleman seriously and jeanist got clapped so fast people don't even know what a win from him is supposed to look like. the best fight since allmight/OFA was endeavor fighting a unnamed goon.

and they already did warp the power scale :dead: people can't name 5 heroes that actually get shyt done. time skips don't just magically unfukk bad writing. look at shippuden :mjlol:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

and maybe someone else could carry the show if they weren't being shyt on (like bakugo) or getting some convoluted tangent storyline (endeavor fam)

the heroes fukkin suck too. nobody taking whaleman seriously and jeanist got clapped so fast people don't even know what a win from him is supposed to look like. the best fight since allmight/OFA was endeavor fighting a unnamed goon.

and they already did warp the power scale :dead: people can't name 5 heroes that actually get shyt done. time skips don't just magically unfukk bad writing. look at shippuden :mjlol:

I can’t disagree. :francis:

JJK took all of MHA juice. Itadori is more interesting than Deku and son is mad basic but doesn’t annoy me.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hold up, we talking MHA,

12375085.jpg

What arc they on, y'all getting filler academia?:mjlol:

My smoke is all for the manga. Hori can write. if he stays focus on 1 thing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

You can't really have trainees constantly in high stakes battles. The whole logic of that causes everything to fall apart. Naruto had the time skip because even Kishimoto had to concede that. It would be like DBZ trying to constantly sideline Goku, Vegeta, and co just to have kid Trunks and Goten fight the meaningful battles.

The real hard truth about MHA is the bulk of the characters are mediocre at best students, heroes, and villains all included. I don't even remember most of the characters names to be honest. The pacing it terrible and further suffers because it's stuck dealing with trainees who aren't full fledged heroes and go through school tournaments, festivals, and training arcs instead of getting out there mixing it up in high stakes battles that continue to escalate.

I dropped it after Overhaul and when I return in a season or 2 I expect them to move past all that school trash and get to some real shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The only interesting character is Shoto everyone else is one 1-dimensional or mid.
They're mostly C tier characters on another show and they're collectively the main cast here. None of the characters are iconic or memorable. In Naruto terms they're Sai level characters trying to carry a show.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
it had the potential to combine the best of naruto with the most attractive aspects of a lot of these sports anime :wow:

deku low key had ippo energy with a kuroko approach to the game

now its tanjiro szn and he calling the strongest demon he ever seen a fukkin coward :wow::wow:

Muzan was a p*ssy :hubie:

Top three upper ranks though:demonic:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You can't really have trainees constantly in high stakes battles. The whole logic of that causes everything to fall apart. Naruto had the time skip because even Kishimoto had to concede that. It would be like DBZ trying to constantly sideline Goku, Vegeta, and co just to have kid Trunks and Goten fight the meaningful battles.

The real hard truth about MHA is the bulk of the characters are mediocre at best students, heroes, and villains all included. I don't even remember most of the characters names to be honest. The pacing it terrible and further suffers because it's stuck dealing with trainees who aren't full fledged heroes and go through school tournaments, festivals, and training arcs instead of getting out there mixing it up in high stakes battles that continue to escalate.

I dropped it after Overhaul and when I return in a season or 2 I expect them to move past all that school trash and get to some real shyt.
it can be high stakes in the scheme of the world (MHA sucks at this because they never built a world worth caring about) or high stakes as the scheme of character dynamics (which they're inconsistent in).

kishimoto is a hack, but he could at least consistently put the characters he did feel confident in into positions where they could shine. MHA seemingly does it by accident because the last time this happened was in S2

"they're just trainees" doesn't work because there's no weight to anything they do. there's plenty of shows where entire themes are centered around meaningless tasks. who's really putting in work and growing? their idea of training one kid was to put him in a hot tub :mjlol: and because the writer knows that's wack, they started slapping gadgets on everyone. its pathetic. there's no satisfaction to what they show off afterwards because the road itself is wack.

there's more development and weight to a cooking show than MHA. its more satisfying to watch megumi craft a new noodle dish than these animation showcases in MHA :yeshrug:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Good luck with that breh after the school shyt it’s a hit or miss more or less and even at one point they really dropped the ball that could of taken a leap imo
Where it’s at right now I will say it’s very interesting
There is 2 more arcs after the school fight then it’s where we currently at

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Good luck with that breh after the school shyt it’s a hit or miss more or less and even at one point they really dropped the ball that could of taken a leap imo
Where it’s at right now I will say it’s very interesting
There is 2 more arcs after the school fight then it’s where we currently at
you know i could be saying a lot more right now :wow:

MHA is so bad it makes me want to pick up Tokyo Ghoul