LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@42 Monks Since they finished Soul Eater again, I tried the girls on Gintama. fukkery was too much for them. :mjlol:

So now we're on the Saint Beasts arc of Yu Yu Hakusho. :wow:

They're enjoying it so far, the animation was a shock to their systems but they got past that by the 3rd episode. :ehh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks Since they finished Soul Eater again, I tried the girls on Gintama. fukkery was too much for them. :mjlol:

So now we're on the Saint Beasts arc of Yu Yu Hakusho. :wow:

They're enjoying it so far, the animation was a shock to their systems but they got past that by the 3rd episode. :ehh:
i need to give soul eater manga run too :jbhmm:
Halfway through the first Gundam Thunderbolt movie
is it or is it not crack :unimpressed:

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
even then

western comics ain't exactly got a history of creativity :mjlol: DC and Marvel been copying each other and poaching ideas off smaller writers for ages
Yes but that's not the discussion is it? America does superheroes better. The current Daredevil run shyts on all of MHA.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yes but that's not the discussion is it? America does superheroes better. The current Daredevil run shyts on all of MHA.
but MHA sucks, never even attempted to be some high-level writing attempt, and nobody would ever call that the greatest anything so like :leostare: berserk gets ripped off constantly and damn near the entire western cyberpunk genre can basically be contributed to japan's mid-tier sci-fi manga runs

My Hero Academia is a blatant rip off of a Disney live action movie

the writer legit wholesale dismisses worldbuilding :dead: the scope never goes above the kid's pool depth despite whatever fanboy says otherwise

its kinda whatever because both cultural approaches to certain shyt is just gonna be plainly different even if the content is generally the same/ripped/influenced/etc. eastern stuff is typically journey over destination the appropriate themes to match, western stuff is generally all about climactic resolution. so inherently, 'heroes' are gonna be built different.

not even sure why its which is better thing. both influence the other all the time, low/mid/high tier stuff exists in both spheres, and MHA is trash

and even if it wasn't trash - comparing it against Daredevil or some other character that's had how many runs and how many different writers is straight up disingenuous from the jump when one guy primarily handles these runs :unimpressed: daredevil has been getting refined since the sixties breh

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Miss Nagatoro: Twitter has a beef with translations having Nagatoro saying 'Sus'. :mjlol:

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2: Interesting start to the Season, decent so far.

I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level: Everyone trying to get into the MC house, decent as well.

:mjcry: That chick that lost the game of 'Old Maid' got the Joker card with the scythe, foreshadowing her death on the battlefield. Your suffering is over. Poor Lena, getting her ass chewed out by some dude venting.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Miss Nagatoro: Twitter has a beef with translations having Nagatoro saying 'Sus'. :mjlol:

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2: Interesting start to the Season, decent so far.

I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level: Everyone trying to get into the MC house, decent as well.

:mjcry: That chick that lost the game of 'Old Maid' got the Joker card with the scythe, foreshadowing her death on the battlefield. Your suffering is over. Poor Lena, getting her ass chewed out by some dude venting.

My guy went into racist tirade in comments. they need to get these vaccines out faster:francis: