Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This one on Hulu where they're firefighter demon hunters or whatever. It's a very easy watch but it's not easy for me to care like I watched 6 episodes but I ain't went back to it in a week and I'm not entirely interested in finishing.
A number of us went through a similar experience.

I watched the first 3-4 episodes, thought it was a step or two above trash and was gonna drop it... until ppl here encouraged me to stick with it a little longer. So i tried it again, midway through s1 things escalated to where i thought ok now we're talking... road that waive hyped into s2, and midway through s2 shyt got boring again. Down, Up, Down.

It got some MHA tendencies (or perhaps deficiencies) with the handling of characters as well.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
think i'm dome with this Bleach rewatch. Just wanted to get up to Ichigo v Grimmjow III, which is still one of the best shounen fights. I'm more appreciative of SS and Huedo Munco as fantasy concepts, and I respect Uryuu as a character more. A tier above Chad, Orhime, Renji at least.

There's probably been a ten year gap since I last watched this show, and the biggest difference has been finding amusement in scenes that I used to take very seriously. Like Ichigo getting ragdolled by Yami, Grimmjow, Ulquorra, Nnortia's henchman, had me dying laughing now. Back then I was rooting for him to win at all times.

Best part was when he told Ulquiorra you must be the #1 Espada, because he was getting whopped, and Ulquiorra revealed he's actually #4 before caving his chest in :wow:
you made it this far, may as well get to Aizen vs Errybody :mjgrin:

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
:to:

flame up your heart, grit your teeth and move forward

UnlawfulBareLacewing-size_restricted.gif

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
think i'm dome with this Bleach rewatch. Just wanted to get up to Ichigo v Grimmjow III, which is still one of the best shounen fights. I'm more appreciative of SS and Huedo Munco as fantasy concepts, and I respect Uryuu as a character more. A tier above Chad, Orhime, Renji at least.

There's probably been a ten year gap since I last watched this show, and the biggest difference has been finding amusement in scenes that I used to take very seriously. Like Ichigo getting ragdolled by Yami, Grimmjow, Ulquorra, Nnortia's henchman, had me dying laughing now. Back then I was rooting for him to win at all times.

Best part was when he told Ulquiorra you must be the #1 Espada, because he was getting whopped, and Ulquiorra revealed he's actually #4 before caving his chest in :wow:

I enjoyed the second fight, really a beatdown and Grimmjow was serving up everybody until Shinji got there. Kinda hard for me to put Ichigo in any classic fight scenes, boy doesn't have any sword skills.

Uryuu being wasted upset me. He had the potential to be a top player throughout the series, once Ichigo leap frogged everyone during the Soul Society arc it was a wrap. He definitely had his moments from there on though.

Soul Society gets a yearly run from me. And the Aizen vs everybody joint.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Seeing the Demon Slayer movie on an imax screen tomorrow night :banderas:
Finally caught up on Attack on Titan :lupe:
And finally making my way through Jujutsu Kaisen :ehh:
What a time to be a live :blessed:
Breh, please let us know how the movie was as well as the whole movie scene amongst Covid :unimpressed:

I'm "vaxxed" and really want to see this movie but I still feel uncomfortable going to a theater :unimpressed:

I've been waiting forever for this movie doe :unimpressed:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Breh, please let us know how the movie was as well as the whole movie scene amongst Covid :unimpressed:

I'm "vaxxed" and really want to see this movie but I still feel uncomfortable going to a theater :unimpressed:

Movie was good especially the last fight scene :damn:
Granted I seen it awhile back online cam rip :dead:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process

I'm going tonight so I'll let you know, the theater is spacing out all the seating by quite a bit so at least there's that as a precaution :manny:
I'm hype for this :blessed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I just finished watching Horimiya and honestly, I wasn't expected too much coming in. Especially since growing up when my family forced us to watch typical RomCom shows and I hated them.

But I really enjoyed it and was a great change of pace from the typical fantasy anime that I watch.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I just finished watching Horimiya and honestly, I wasn't expected too much coming in. Especially since growing up when my family forced us to watch typical RomCom shows and I hated them.

But I really enjoyed it and was a great change of pace from the typical fantasy anime that I watch.
Yeah I'm not a RomCom guy outside of Kaguya, but Horimiya is really a solid show :ehh:
I appreciated how it was more about the relationship itself then two characters running circles around each other being too scared to do something

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah I'm not a RomCom guy outside of Kaguya, but Horimiya is really a solid show :ehh:
I appreciated how it was more about the relationship itself then two characters running circles around each other being too scared to do something

Also, I liked how there is at least one character that everyone can relate to. For instance, growing up I dealt with some of the issues that Miyamura and Yoshikawa to an extent. The show actually felt real. Like it was kind of like going back to high school.

At the very least it has let me be open to more types of Anime. For instance, I decided to watch Higehiro this season and so far it is pretty solid and very sweet. It definitely is geared to a more mature audience.

With that said if it starts going in the :sitdown: direction I'm jumping ship.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Also, I liked how there is at least one character that everyone can relate to. For instance, growing up I dealt with some of the issues that Miyamura and Yoshikawa to an extent. The show actually felt real. Like it was kind of like going back to high school.

At the very least it has let me be open to more types of Anime. For instance, I decided to watch Higehiro this season and so far it is pretty solid and very sweet. It definitely is geared to a more mature audience.

With that said if it starts going in the :sitdown: direction I'm jumping ship.
yeah, the cast was definitely one of Horimiya's strengths. In addition to being able to relate to a character, I could definitely look at some of the other characters struggles like I know that person like the one girl who could never say what she wanted and always let things slip past

Always gotta be wary of the :sitdown: I still can't believe I sat through Eromanga sensei :sitdown::sitdown::smugdraper:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
you made it this far, may as well get to Aizen vs Errybody :mjgrin:

I'll fastforward to that just for the remix potential :mjgrin:

I enjoyed the second fight, really a beatdown and Grimmjow was serving up everybody until Shinji got there. Kinda hard for me to put Ichigo in any classic fight scenes, boy doesn't have any sword skills.

Uryuu being wasted upset me. He had the potential to be a top player throughout the series, once Ichigo leap frogged everyone during the Soul Society arc it was a wrap. He definitely had his moments from there on though.

Soul Society gets a yearly run from me. And the Aizen vs everybody joint.

imo, part 3 has some of the best animation and direction in shounen fights. That and Grimmjow being a boss is why I like it so much.

tenor.gif

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

It was pretty good :ehh:
Great action sequences as one would expect, good setup for season 2, some good twists and surprises, worth checking out for anyone who likes Demon Slayer for sure and the imax experience was a good way to see it :wow:
Theater was pretty spread out, I felt safe honestly, nice amount of seats between me and other people, pretty empty in there, a lot of folks kept their masks on the whole time and others took it down just to eat popcorn and then put it back up. Obviously be safe, make smart choices, but I thought they took decent precautions :manny: