LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Rewatching Amuro & brehs are definitely looking through rose tinted glasses. Creh was a whole bytch the first half of the series, just like 80% of the aces that followed in his footsteps. He came through clutch, usually after a lot of prodding and plot conveniences, which gives him an abnormally high body count but he's not even more impressive as a pilot than say Heero.

Zeta was better, in large part due to the fact that Amuro became a supporting character. He's more tolerable in that role.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Rewatching Amuro & brehs are definitely looking through rose tinted glasses. Creh was a whole bytch the first half of the series, just like 80% of the aces that followed in his footsteps. He came through clutch, usually after a lot of prodding and plot conveniences, which gives him an abnormally high body count but he's not even more impressive as a pilot than say Heero.

Zeta was better, in large part due to the fact that Amuro became a supporting character. He's more tolerable in that role.
amuro starts out a whole bytch and doesn't really hit his stride as a boss til way later in game. his development took forever but once he hits his stride he's GOATed :manny:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
amuro starts out a whole bytch and doesn't really hit his stride as a boss til way later in game. his development took forever but once he hits his stride he's GOATed :manny:

It was damn near the end of the series before he hit that point. You would have been bushed anyone else who took that long to be worthwhile.

Admit to your nostalgic bias breh. :ufdup:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You sounding like a millennial giving me stats. I said keep that same energy. :skip:
Amuro is exceptional in his growth. He's the first true and real newtype. When he killed the black tri-stars he wasn't near the end of the series. And he whipped their asses. He's just not a sociopath. He functioned on kill or be killed. He also found out that his father had gone insane and his mother had disowned him for killing. And he's what 16?

Also don't forget he isn't following a trope he made the trope. He is the mold that all Gundam MC's are birthed from.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
finally caught all the way up on fireforce :ehh: A1 mid. movie tier animation

its also straight dumb as hell sometimes. but at least they know it and skid into it. the deathflag meme near the end was fukkin hilarious :russ:

my wife :mjcry: *dead*
my unborn child :mjcry: *dead*
my retro 7s :mjcry::mjcry:*almost made it. dead af*
My life flashed before my eyes and it was pretty pathetic so I think I'm gonna make it.:mjgrin:...:mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
After delaying it forever I've been watching Haikyuu! and man, I can tell why it was considered the heir to the GOAT (Slam Dunk) :ehh:

It certainly gets more repetitive in season 4 and for what I've read, the author said fukk it rushed the ending with time skips after the National Tournament. But it's a really good depiction of volleyball and it does a really great job making you care about the matches. It ain't reaching Slam Dunk's level but it's close to it :ehh:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
After delaying it forever I've been watching Haikyuu! and man, I can tell why it was considered the heir to the GOAT (Slam Dunk) :ehh:

It certainly gets more repetitive in season 4 and for what I've read, the author said fukk it rushed the ending with time skips after the National Tournament. But it's a really good depiction of volleyball and it does a really great job making you care about the matches. It ain't reaching Slam Dunk's level but it's close to it :ehh:

I like it but no. :unimpressed:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Amuro on gets props on the sheer amount of bodies while being a antisocial dweeb. He's pretty much a NEET before that was a thing. He spent all his time alone at home fukking with robots. He was raised by an even more NEET sociopathic father. Fraw was his only real friend and if she didnt come by the nikka wouldnt even remember to feed himself. Captain Bright had to keep putting hands on this nikka to keep his weirdo traits in check.

Newtype fukkery puts him a cut above as a pilot, so outside of that I can see some hating him. That lala arc was :what: at least Char was clapping cheeks.

Bruh was dripping in that virgin energy in the original MSG, but in the later series he really does carry himself like a war hero and legend. Char's counterattack being the best example.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Amuro is exceptional in his growth. He's the first true and real newtype. When he killed the black tri-stars he wasn't near the end of the series. And he whipped their asses. He's just not a sociopath. He functioned on kill or be killed. He also found out that his father had gone insane and his mother had disowned him for killing. And he's what 16?

Also don't forget he isn't following a trope he made the trope. He is the mold that all Gundam MC's are birthed from.

Tomino doesn't even like him. :mjlol:

He's often bland and despite inspired by other characters in the genre at the time, he has next to none of their spark. Hell, he's not even the most interesting character in his own series. Guy is held in high esteem for being on the scene first, not for being the best. He didn't break any norms for a MC and was written to act irrationally in an attempt to convey the effects of war on a young mind.

Thankfully they figured out the kinks and showed how it affects everyone differently. Like anything from Sports to Science, you give credit to the pioneers but it's never assumed that being first means being the best.