:damn::damn::damn: you raggedy motherfukkas

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Zeta and Turn A don't get enough love. Definitely agree
8th is like a prime steak that's 2 minutes from being the perfect temperature. It's too abrupt, things didn't flesh out enough for the payout.
That's fair. I still think Thunderbolt gets crazy underrated too - but its not exactly 'done' yet either.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Zeta and Turn A don't get enough love. Definitely agree

That's fair. I still think Thunderbolt gets crazy underrated too - but its not exactly 'done' yet either.

Thunderbolt has My Hero syndrome with the side chars though. You were never put in a position to really care about them, so if they don't show up constantly in chapters/episodes, you forget they exist.

Thunderbolt as is can't really be rated because you aren't even given enough time with the MCs themselves before it ended. Even with his little 2 minute blurb on his backstory, Io still falls flat as a char and Daryl is a hypocrite. Manga does a much better job of fleshing them out even in the timeframe of the anime.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Thunderbolt has My Hero syndrome with the side chars though. You were never put in a position to really care about them, so if they don't show up constantly in chapters/episodes, you forget they exist.

Thunderbolt as is can't really be rated because you aren't even given enough time with the MCs themselves before it ended. Even with his little 2 minute blurb on his backstory, Io still falls flat as a char and Daryl is a hypocrite. Manga does a much better job of fleshing them out even in the timeframe of the anime.
i can't find the gif, but the saber through the hull mid-hostage negotiation was some of the coldest shyt i've ever seen in gundam :wow:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
i can't find the gif, but the saber through the hull mid-hostage negotiation was some of the coldest shyt i've ever seen in gundam :wow:

Oh Thunderbolt was definitely gully. If I never saw Mika stomp out a breh in the cockpit of his own machine, I'd say Thunderbolt was the most visceral.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I flip flop a lot, but I think Zeta is the best overall Gundam experience. Much bigger cast of characters with their own motivations. Even though Kamille is a strong character, he doesn't outshine everyone else. The crew he rolls with not only act as supports, but can be the ace when needed.

OG MSG suffered because Amuro's story was so overpowering and there while other chars shined here and there, you really were only fukking with him imo.

Mobile Suit design improved along with introducing technologies that while seemed small, inspired a lot of shyt in later series. Newtypes while prominent, weren't the overpowering presence they are in later series/movies in UC. You still have "oldtype" pilots absolutely working over pretty much everyone. Yazan was snatching souls straight up, he'd have people crying on YouTube.

Also it made better storytelling by having everyone around the same level. What I mean by this, the technology available to both sides was virtually equal along with skill. No side had an overpowering advantage, so each battle/conflict had a lot more gravitas and you couldn't call it.

Final battle in IBO
was actually surprising because I was expecting Mikazuki/McGillis to clutch it out somehow because Alayna-Vijnana is so fukking busted and their suits at the time were pretty much end-game.

Tomino being at his lowest point in life produced one of the best pieces in anime.

I'm definitely due for a rewatch of Zeta, so I'll revisit it with fresh eyes. :jbhmm:

I think we can all agree that Mikazuki / Barbatos would wreck in any time period. Boy was a savage. :hubie:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm definitely due for a rewatch of Zeta, so I'll revisit it with fresh eyes. :jbhmm:

I think we can all agree that Mikazuki / Barbatos would wreck in any time period. Boy was a savage. :hubie:

With or without AJ system? :jbhmm:

Amuro was putting in absolute work with a fukking Rick Dias, then even more work in a Re-Gz in CCA.

I love Mika, but he ain't putting in any work in a Graze.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
With or without AJ system? :jbhmm:

His mindset predates the system and that's what makes him so got damn terrifying. Him pushing back wigs with the desert eagle carelessly was all him. As a pilot, he carries over a sense of ruthlessness that's rarely seen in a MC, they usually always want to unite i.e. Kira, Athrun, etc.

However I take your point as the System gives that spatial awareness that's borderline broken, which is why I stipulated that he had to have Barbatos, Lupus Rex edition to be exact. With that, I'd bet on him over damn near anyone.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
His mindset predates the system and that's what makes him so got damn terrifying. Him pushing back wigs with the desert eagle carelessly was all him. As a pilot, he carries over a sense of ruthlessness that's rarely seen in a MC, they usually always want to unite i.e. Kira, Athrun, etc.

However I take your point as the System gives that spatial awareness that's borderline broken, which is why I stipulated that he had to have Barbatos, Lupus Rex edition to be exact. With that, I'd bet on him over damn near anyone.

Amuro is a dog, don't sleep. Mans doesn't have that nagging conscience like Kamille. Military man through and through, will merk on sight if need be. Mans saw the absolute worst of war and still came out halfway decent. :whoa:

Mika a sociopath, but Amuro is literally standing on mass graves with the amount of bodies he got under his belt.

Solomon and A Baoa Qu was hell on Earth in terms of battlefields.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Also McGillis was the best pilot in IBO. :mjgrin:
take off and tell a breh their sister is in good hands :wow: cold as fukk

yeah, AJ system is hacks. but its like saying Domon from G Gundam can't pilot too - in G universe everything is different from show to show I guess.

Amuro is a dog, don't sleep. Mans doesn't have that nagging conscience like Kamille. Military man through and through, will merk on sight if need be. Mans saw the absolute worst of war and still came out halfway decent. :whoa:

Mika a sociopath, but Amuro is literally standing on mass graves with the amount of bodies he got under his belt.

Solomon and A Baoa Qu was hell on Earth in terms of battlefields.
Amuro's resume is fukkin packed with legit bodies :whoa:

Mika was probably the best out of small scale G protagonists - but Amuro? Conventional warfare style Zeon vs Everybody shyt? Man was legit war hero status :whew:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
take off and tell a breh their sister is in good hands :wow: cold as fukk

yeah, AJ system is hacks. but its like saying Domon from G Gundam can't pilot too - in G universe everything is different from show to show I guess.

Amuro's resume is fukkin packed with legit bodies :whoa:

Mika was probably the best out of small scale G protagonists - but Amuro? Conventional warfare style Zeon vs Everybody shyt? Man was legit war hero status :whew:

Put legit aces and Zeon war heroes in the dirt as if it was just Tuesday :picard:

Did the Tri-Stars dirty :wow:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Put legit aces and Zeon war heroes in the dirt as if it was just Tuesday :picard:

Did the Tri-Stars dirty :wow:
Amuro didn't even know to be scared :mjlol:

Dude was more stuck on the fact he was killing people than WHO he was killing starting off :dead: breh was a young speed racer out here who just happened to get drafted :demonic:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Amuro didn't even know to be scared :mjlol:

Dude was more stuck on the fact he was killing people than WHO he was killing starting off :dead: breh was a young speed racer out here who just happened to get drafted :demonic:

Speed was a dog. More of a sociopath than Mikazuki :mjlol: