T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I watched the first ep with my girl (at the time), who likes EVERYTHING, and we were both :what: at the bullshyt rules and reasoning for everything happening so I didn't even bother to keep watching :dead:
Same i was NOT feeling slime at all when i first started, same with Vinland Saga tbh, they both felt bland af to me

:whew: i was wrong, slime got good once i started laughing at how much of a god dude is and he still fukking up :pachaha:not the anime to get overly serious about and start a beef in here over

Vinland just took aggression to another level and didnt look back :wow:

Last edited:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm open to disagreement and with a franchise this old & expansive, I can understand it. What's your best Gundam iteration? :jbhmm:

I flip flop a lot, but I think Zeta is the best overall Gundam experience. Much bigger cast of characters with their own motivations. Even though Kamille is a strong character, he doesn't outshine everyone else. The crew he rolls with not only act as supports, but can be the ace when needed.

OG MSG suffered because Amuro's story was so overpowering and there while other chars shined here and there, you really were only fukking with him imo.

Mobile Suit design improved along with introducing technologies that while seemed small, inspired a lot of shyt in later series. Newtypes while prominent, weren't the overpowering presence they are in later series/movies in UC. You still have "oldtype" pilots absolutely working over pretty much everyone. Yazan was snatching souls straight up, he'd have people crying on YouTube.

Also it made better storytelling by having everyone around the same level. What I mean by this, the technology available to both sides was virtually equal along with skill. No side had an overpowering advantage, so each battle/conflict had a lot more gravitas and you couldn't call it.

Final battle in IBO
was actually surprising because I was expecting Mikazuki/McGillis to clutch it out somehow because Alayna-Vijnana is so fukking busted and their suits at the time were pretty much end-game.

Tomino being at his lowest point in life produced one of the best pieces in anime.