winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Black Clover is what happens when many of the legends retire and there's nobody left to fill the void. Eventually something that's a bit better than average comes along and people are starved enough to herald it as the next thing. It's like Steve Urkel and Laura Winslow it just keeps trying until it wears you down. There's some solid characters in the cast but it's still frothy with one note gag characters. It's like a cut above Fairy Tail in terms of quality.

While I haven't seen enough of Jujutsu Kaisen it at least out of the gate starts way better than Black Clover. I think it has better potential to actually be a legitimately great series rather than a slightly better than mediocre one. Then again I thought the same thing about My Hero Academia but that series could never get a handle on how to pace itself.

One Piece was a derivative of Dragonball but at some point it stood on it's own out of Dragonball's shadow and became it's own thing and established itself as a legendary series. Fairy Tail was a popular series but I think everybody knew it was a derivative of One Piece and I don't think it ever really got out of the shadow of that. Black Clover just feels like a derivative of both Naruto and Bleach and I really question if it will even do like One Piece and stand as a work of it's own.

That being said all these shows gotta get to the endgame because both Naruto and Bleach hurt themselves with their weaker endgames. Bleach ruined it's legacy with it's.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
talking about 'nothing happening' but asta's powerups include more swords and getting blacker :dead:

Yes..... by that time he had already been through atleast 2 wars.

Something happened:usure:

Also that excuse still means nothing..... in Plunderers ALOT of shyt happened in the first 5 eps (more than JJK, matter fact that show was further along with shyt than in the same amount of eps we have now)

Unlike y’all, I’m not trynna shyt on one show to overhype another.

Just saying JJK is dope, but it’s feeling in-line with other shows that are dope too

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yes..... by that time he had already been through atleast 2 wars.

Something happened:usure:

Also that excuse still means nothing..... in Plunderers ALOT of shyt happened in the first 5 eps (more than JJK, matter fact that show was further along with shyt than in the same amount of eps we have now)

Unlike y’all, I’m not trynna shyt on one show to overhype another.

Just saying JJK is dope, but it’s feeling in-line with other shows that are dope too
i shyt on everything

and plunderer? :scust: yeah a lot of shyt happened. it was doodoo

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Black Clover >>> Naruto

They're essentially the same series but BC Is less gay and actually nails many of the themes early Naruto set out to do. (Hard work overcoming talent, boyhood rivalry, misfit trying to become the best etc)

:wow: Talk that talk:blessed:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
i shyt on everything

and plunderer? :scust: yeah a lot of shyt happened. it was doodoo

The silly shyt in Plunderers>The silly shyt in JJK

Also the music themes Plunderer> the music themes JJK

I think that takes me out of a lot of the fights and I’m not the first to bring that up or mention in here.

They don’t create a vibe or mood the few times though far some action in JJK has taking place my reaction has be from :francis: to :ld: to :ehh:

Barring one fight I still haven’t had a true :ooh::krs::ohlawd: moment.

While on the flipside say something like AOT, hell even that conversation in the basement had me more like :ooh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
you are literally one of half a dozen people that enjoyed plunderer in any capacity

even the people who liked the manga didn't put up with plunderer

edit: yeah, checking mal it was one of the most dropped animes of the year :huhldup: and that's with a head start as it came with its own fan base

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Again.... I like JJK. I think it’s a decent show so far. And many are hyping the best is yet to come.

But for now it feels like it’s getting a little overhyped based on its unknown verses what it’s actually produced thus far. I don’t feel like it’s earned that yet.

Now a show like Demon Slayer where the same thing was done? Oh yea.... they earned that shyt:whoo:

When some of y’all was doing that that same too early stanning when it was in the same places JJK is now ep wise. fukk it.... that show had earned it:whew:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
you are literally one of half a dozen people that enjoyed plunderer in any capacity

even the people who liked the manga didn't put up with plunderer

I have a response but I’m not gonna be baited to go there yet:unimpressed:

This @Kenny West Anime Era and I’m not gonna step on his toes cuz he got the juice.:whew:

But we finna address this at a later date when it’s time:ufdup:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
demon slayer didn't earn shyt :mjlol: that's why everybody is so shocked with its success

we know you don't watch anything now you just exposing how you don't even read the thread either :why:

Cuz..... you was one of the main folks that was stanning Demon Slayer out the gate:dwillhuh:

I think early before I got on board I nitpicked one thing and you got on me for it:why:

YOU WERENT SHOCKED AND YOU WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE HYPE:mindblown: