Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I liked Demon Slayer a lot but I really want to know what makes it so popular in Japan.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Demon Slayer a lot but I really want to know what makes it so popular in Japan.
Nojiko as mascot bait
Tanjiro
Anime is a fantastic adaptation

And to a lesser extent:
-Balanced power system/fights
-Aesthetic is very Japanese
-Good story and action
-Popularity jumped when the anime dropped while the manga was in the final arc. Fans bought entire series volumes in bulk

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
raping casca out of spite/jealousy.

sacrificing his soldiers, unleashing demons into the world was bad too. but, the rape makes him infamous and it being uncensored burns into people's memories.

The rape part yeah I was like :francis: damn, right in front of Guts too :francis:

But the rest I was like :yeshrug: they wanted to support his dream and that's what they ended up doing

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
The rape part yeah I was like :francis: damn, right in front of Guts too :francis:

But the rest I was like :yeshrug: they wanted to support his dream and that's what they ended up doing

technically yeah :picard:

they didn't need to be sacrificed for Griffith to rule a kingdom though. He was going to rule Midland before sleeping with Charlotte, getting caught and being tortured.

none of them seemed to know that his idea of a kingdom had no boundaries, and that he needed supernatural powers to achieve his dream that went beyond just Midland. So they were def blindsided by the eclipse.

then Guts, Casca were developing dreams outside of Griffith. so for them to have their dreams ruined for Griffith's gain also makes him a hated figure.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
@Black_Panther_JS did you watch the anime or the movie?
In the anime they show what happened to the world after griffith took over all the way back in the first episode. It became a living hell for 99% of the humans in the kingdom
With regards to guts, Griffith tried to straight up kill him (even when he didn't need more sacrifices so he just wanted him dead) and also branded him with a mark
tumblr_oc858uUPvb1vcteljo3_500.png

That makes demons chase after him and hunt him 24/7

And Casca completely lost it for over a year in berserk time iirc after what happened.

All this because griffith got himself locked up and GUTS saved him. He saw guts & casca living well and had to act like a scorned hoe :scust:

I get that a year of being tortured to the point of losing your tongue & the ability to talk would completely change you as a person and the griffith before that and the griffith after are basically different people. It's like the whole people who are bullied becoming bullies dynamic. At some level he also acknowledged that in war people were risking their life for him at some point and it got to his head, giving him a god-complex.

The fact that it seems plausible for griffith to do that is good writing but its all ultimately a :cape: for him being a peice of shyt in general and a TERRIBLE friend

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
@Black_Panther_JS did you watch the anime or the movie?
In the anime they show what happened to the world after griffith took over all the way back in the first episode. It became a living hell for 99% of the humans in the kingdom
With regards to guts, Griffith tried to straight up kill him (even when he didn't need more sacrifices so he just wanted him dead) and also branded him with a mark
tumblr_oc858uUPvb1vcteljo3_500.png

That makes demons chase after him and hunt him 24/7

And Casca completely lost it for over a year in berserk time iirc after what happened.

All this because griffith got himself locked up and GUTS saved him. He saw guts & casca living well and had to act like a scorned hoe :scust:

I get that a year of being tortured to the point of losing your tongue & the ability to talk would completely change you as a person and the griffith before that and the griffith after are basically different people. It's like the whole people who are bullied becoming bullies dynamic. At some level he also acknowledged that in war people were risking their life for him at some point and it got to his head, giving him a god-complex.

The fact that it seems plausible for griffith to do that is good writing but its all ultimately a :cape: for him being a peice of shyt in general and a TERRIBLE friend

I watched the anime not that CGI shi. Wasn't those demons gonna be out there regardless tho :patrice:
Griffith a bytch tho, he was so in his feelings over Guts leaving that he smashed the princess and got his ass locked up. Guts is a grown man get over it :hhh: Then he seen Guts and Casca all lovey dovey and was on some jealous shyt, he was definitely bytch made
But people call him evil for sacrificing them folks, they knew what it was and were willing to die for the cause. They thought they were gonna meet their end on the battlefield, nah you're gonna get murked by some demons :mjlol:

They also F'd up for thinking Griffith was their friend, he ain't like them like that. He seen them as pawns