Consumed

Superstar
Daps
How many episodes do you need to watch in general to know if an anime is for you or not? And how many episodes are you willing to grind (despite them being mid or bad) hoping that it'll get better?

I feel like the more stuff I watch, the less endurance I got. If I'm watching two episodes and I'm bored or not grabbed by the narrative, I just give up now :francis: (looking at yall God of Highschool and HxH)

enough time to know where the show is going and if I'm interested in that direction. in the case of a Texhnolyze, at least interested in finding out what it's about and will stick around until that shoe drops.

sometimes cult popular shows are fun to watch even though I'm uninterested in the direction. Mainly so that I can at least talk about them with people who do and not sound like an ignorant hater. Want to be able to say "I dislike this anime for x reasons, BUT I understand why you like it for z reasons"

then there are shows that are meh adaptations of a more thorough source material. If I can recognize that, like in God of High School that cuts out details and doesn't deliver the visual impact of the manwha (did a cross comparison of several episodes) I'm likely to drop it and just read the manga.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How many episodes do you need to watch in general to know if an anime is for you or not? And how many episodes are you willing to grind (despite them being mid or bad) hoping that it'll get better?

I feel like the more stuff I watch, the less endurance I got. If I'm watching two episodes and I'm bored or not grabbed by the narrative, I just give up now :francis: (looking at yall God of Highschool and HxH)

It depends on the show,its era,and the length. One Piece, Gintama, and Stein Gate, all had rough starts before they got into something good. Then u have MHA, Yaiba, and a couple modern time romance anime, if you ain't fukking wit those shows by episode 3, you could drop em.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Anos da gawd swag out here seeing through heroes cheating ways and exposing it with his OP power with ease

it’s obvious that girl is the reincarnated hero and knows it cuz misa said she had sad eyes meaning she knows her past but is being controlled by the heroes or is only following the orders since has no way to stop a war alone and doesn’t want the heroes beliefs be tainted

either way show is easily anime of the summer for new shows
With them all combined that I seen rezero being 1 and this being 2 if rezero didn’t come on I have misfit for #1

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

I can tell if i'm gonna enjoy it based off 1 episode fr:ehh:

I don't drop anime no matter how bad it is tho. It's against my religion:hamster:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Most times you'll know if your gonna fukk with something just off of 1 episode. 3 episodes is the max tho, even for the slow burners cuz they gotta show some type of promise to match the time investment.

I rarely drop anything, but on the occasions that I did, it was always after 2 episodes. I feel like after 3 you may as well finish that shyt.

and I definitely wouldn't drop God of High School or Hunter x Hunter. Just too many wow omg what the fukk moments. One gives you that shyt right away, while the other makes you earn it. The story builds differently for both tho.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Depends on how long the series is and the general consensus of it. I watched One Piece for over 30 episodes before it clicked with me for example. Hunter X Hunter if I ever decided to watch it is so highly rated I'd give it at least that. The show is damn near 150 episodes.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
better adapt your religion breh cuz it cuts into other worthy anime just to finish anime that ain’t worth it :manny:

That's true but I don't like starting anime and not finishing them, it's not like I watch a bunch of garbage anime tho. Most that i've seen are at the very least amusing

Plus they're like 10-12 episodes, that's like 4-4 1/2 hours max, if they were 20 something + then i'd be like :whoa:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
HxH eps 32-34 (the eps where Gon and Killua prepare to and fight the one armed man, the top dude and the cat in the wheelchair in the tower tournament.... cause I know this point is a distant memory for a lotta yall)

:heh: I can see why Killuya got this fan favorite thing going. He flexing on they asses at every given turn. I like him more than Gon right now, honestly.

:francis: I don't understand how this lame ass trio so far up the tower though. I guess that's the difference in Nen users and non users, no matter how lame they are.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
better adapt your religion breh cuz it cuts into other worthy anime just to finish anime that ain’t worth it :manny:
There’s not that many truly great anime series. Once you get into anime within a year or so you can have consumed all the truly great shows and from there it’s just lowered expectations.

Its like crack. You chase that initial high but for the most part there’s nothing like it. This is compounded by the fact that anime isn’t really a stand alone product. Most of the shows you get are 12 episodes and animate the first few volumes of a manga or the first few volumes of a light novel and that’s all you get. It’s a giant commercial for other media.

I’d probably struggle to name 30 anime series that are the total package and legitimately amazing with no fall off. Even good shows like Death Note suffer from severe fall off.