winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm on episode 4 of this rent-a-girl show, :francis: the premise is fine but this MC a whole p*ssy.
At some point things need to advance. Also the shy red hair girl hasn’t been introduced and there are about 3 episodes left. Since I know her backstory it’s safe to say that in the scope of this anime him and Chizuru aren’t gonna advance much.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
so about eren being kind hearted.....
u60c0bs9f6l51.jpg

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
How many episodes do you need to watch in general to know if an anime is for you or not? And how many episodes are you willing to grind (despite them being mid or bad) hoping that it'll get better?

I feel like the more stuff I watch, the less endurance I got. If I'm watching two episodes and I'm bored or not grabbed by the narrative, I just give up now :francis: (looking at yall God of Highschool and HxH)

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
How many episodes do you need to watch in general to know if an anime is for you or not? And how many episodes are you willing to grind (despite them being mid or bad) hoping that it'll get better?

I feel like the more stuff I watch, the less endurance I got. If I'm watching two episodes and I'm bored or not grabbed by the narrative, I just give up now :francis: (looking at yall God of Highschool and HxH)
This one, you'll want to stay with. The pacing hits fifth gear quick, and honestly MAPPA is quite comfortably in that A-Tier for action animation now (no one is touching ufotable right now but that's a given) so there's a lot visually worthwhile until the story can hook you.

Honestly though, it's not abnormal - especially right now with the world being so fukked - to kinda just feel disconnected from typical shounen storylines. All that hope and sheer force of will overcoming insurmountable odds is cool and shyt, but it rings a bit hollow given the state of shyt lately. Still looking forward to season-end for most of these shows just because that triumphant shyt that always comes at the end of shows would be cool right now. Something to celebrate, since congress still not doing their jobs :stopitslime:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This one, you'll want to stay with. The pacing hits fifth gear quick, and honestly MAPPA is quite comfortably in that A-Tier for action animation now (no one is touching ufotable right now but that's a given) so there's a lot visually worthwhile until the story can hook you.

Honestly though, it's not abnormal - especially right now with the world being so fukked - to kinda just feel disconnected from typical shounen storylines. All that hope and sheer force of will overcoming insurmountable odds is cool and shyt, but it rings a bit hollow given the state of shyt lately. Still looking forward to season-end for most of these shows just because that triumphant shyt that always comes at the end of shows would be cool right now. Something to celebrate, since congress still not doing their jobs :stopitslime:
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll stick through some more with it.

Damn, I haven't thought about it like that, but maybe what's going on right now plays a role in how I appreciate traditional shonen-type narratives :ohhh: I still want anime with characters that carry hope and bravery, but I want the storylines to be more gripping and grimy. Not everything has to be AoT level of writing but I need something lol.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

I will drop a anime on the first if it’s really bad regardless but I say between 3-5 episodes usually gives you a general idea
But if it’s a slow burn anime look for reviews that are spoiler free or ask to make sure cuz some anime are slow burn but then get turnt up

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

I used to drop shyt within the first 15 minutes :heh:

I've mellowed out a bit and will give a series 3-5 eps.

As a rule, I accept that the wuthor of anything doesn't know what he wants to do with characters when s/he first starts, so the first ep/first few are gonna be bad.

Even if those eps are good, I expect a show/series/manga/comic to get either much better or much worse.