KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
I rewatched the Yorknew City "auction" arc on Netflix last week... and maaaaan...

The show had already hit it's groove before then.. but the moment the beat dropped and Chrollo, upon murdering 5 assassins with just some pencils, started orchestrating the symphony for his goons to snap necks throughout the city in loving memory of their fallen breh that kurapika murdered dolo... a kurapika who was in the same hotel as chrollo hunting him along with Killuah's dad and grandad... unaware that their son/grandson was all in on the fukkery...

that was the moment i realized i was watching the anime version of Jordan dropping 63 on the Celtics.

I remember pausing that shyt and saying "I-I I think this is the GOAT :lupe:"

Just... fukkery overload.
Yorknew City would have a real claim for me to be the GOAT story arc if it wasn't for the fact that Chimera Ant is even better :damn:
Phantom Troupe is the GOAT evil faction... Way they be chillin talkin shyt, arm wrestling, shotgunning beers, playing cards - they actually enjoy being who they are. They're not some brooding bad guys, they're loving this shyt and hype as fukk when Chrollo's just like "We're taking everything :demonic: "
The way they ride out for their boy Uvo :wow: and Paku makin that sacrifice for everyone's sake :wow:
You could see at the end they were grateful to Gon and Killua for helping her out :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I rewatched the Yorknew City "auction" arc on Netflix last week... and maaaaan...

The show had already hit it's groove before then.. but the moment the beat dropped and Chrollo, upon murdering 5 assassins with just some pencils, started orchestrating the symphony for his goons to snap necks throughout the city in loving memory of their fallen breh that kurapika murdered dolo... a kurapika who was in the same hotel as chrollo hunting him along with Killuah's dad and grandad... unaware that their son/grandson was all in on the fukkery...

that was the moment i realized i was watching the anime version of Jordan dropping 63 on the Celtics.

I remember pausing that shyt and saying "I-I I think this is the GOAT :lupe:"

Just... fukkery overload.
for me it was when Kurapika pulled up on Uvo...told him it was over....and actually went through with it and fukked Uvo up

shyt was early as hell in the series, i was NOT expecting the level up to be that savage. nikka was on level 2 and challenged the final boss of the game and whooped him :wow: shyt he gave Chrollo and Paku that work too

The Phantom Troupe in general set the "GOAT" meters off in my head, even when they ran up on those renegade ants....Feitan-senpai :mjlit:

Chrollo/Meruem/Kurapika based arcs are nothing but sauce, Leorio entered the ranks as a baby goat when he stole off on Ging too :salute:

i've actually brought up this anime at work and had real directors hit the :ohhh: face because the plot is so unpredictable

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah he's dope and when he turns on the assassin switch he got you like :ooh: but man... that's just a good kid:mjcry:
Gon is nice, but it's Killua who is actually a genuinely good person :mjcry:
Killua: if we don't get off this mountain in half an hour.....kill our mom :demonic:

Someting: 'kay' :mjgrin:

Killua: if we DO get off this mountain in half an hour.....kiss me on the cheek :blessed:

Something: 'kay' :mjcry: what a GOAT of a brother

Gon was never meant to be a "good" guy, he's just like Ging and Netero (and the King), he does what HE wants, regardless of right or wrong

nikka told Pitou " i WAS gonna give you an hour to save this little girl but since ya mans wanna act stupid you just got some time shaved off :ufdup:"

lowkey the whole show was making dudes like Gon and Kurapika go to dark places while making everyone else be more human

Gon was on a date with palm and Killua was pissed! :dead:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The remake but why did you drop it :dwillhuh:

I was bored with it. It felt very paint by numbers and full of tropes that I was (and kinda still am) sick of seeing.

I try to remind myself that sometimes it DOES take a show (especially if it's based on a long running shounen) to hit it's stride and find it's identity past it's own synopsis...

but really I don't have the patience.

edit: here's my post from the first time.

Started Hunter x Hunter over the weekend....

I'm up to I think... episode 5? 6? Something. So far, there's been a lot of.................. running.

Gon and Killlua just tried to take the ball from the old dude, episode ended with Killua murking two thugs in the hallway using an ugly old man hand. lol

I'm not gonna lie... I'm enjoying it more than I was those early One Piece episodes. I'm.... dealing with Gon's case of what I call "Goku Syndrome" now. You know... when the protagonist is a genius at something.... but dumb and clueless as a ton of bricks? Maybe I should call it "Luffy Syndrome".

It hasn't been quite entertaining enough to marathon (the marathon killed that), but it's entertaining nonetheless.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Black Clover stay pulling Aces out the hole. :wow:

MHA, give me a summary of that exchange with Shigaraki, the artwork was hectic.

. Shiga got jaw broken while biting deku arm. He threw bullet at aiz who ended up cutting that part of leg off then deku hit him hard as shyt but shiga got to aiz and was bout to kill him till tora hit him with ice move and that giant ass monster ready to tear shyt up in city

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
. Shiga got jaw broken while biting deku arm. He threw bullet at aiz who ended up cutting that part of leg off then deku hit him hard as shyt but shiga got to aiz and was bout to kill him till tora hit him with ice move and that giant ass monster ready to tear shyt up in city

Appreciate it, it was the Aiz exchange I missed. :ohhh:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

KMCOY1J.jpg