Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I can respect that

tenor.gif

:mjgrin:

We're going to have to teach him a lesson.

main-qimg-fdfa579f39338ca5c8eca422053ae1b6

tenor.gif

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Just seeing this shyt is giving Adult Swim flashbacks from 2004. The Inuyasha sequel might be Dragonball GT status, but I'll give it a shot for nostalgia sake.

the designs look great. Rumiko still got it.

was surprised to see Kaede alive. looks like just about everyone is making an appearance except maybe Koga

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
the designs look great. Rumiko still got it.

was surprised to see Kaede alive. looks like just about everyone is making an appearance except maybe Koga

From what was said, Rumiko only designed the 3 girls. The rest is created by the animation team who worked on the Inuyasha anime plus they brought back the person who did the score. So even if the story sucks, they are least have people who worked on the series.

I assume Koga will be back in some fashion, but I wonder if Kaede is a tease. Since Kaede was about 7-8 when she got the eye injury/her sister dying, and Inuyasha pinned to the tree. Add 50 years for the Inuyasha story with 2 years of plot? So she would be 60.

The way how this thing is, it's at least a 10 year time jump plus whatever the girls were, so maybe 3.

So Kaede is at least 73?

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
From what was said, Rumiko only designed the 3 girls. The rest is created by the animation team who worked on the Inuyasha anime plus they brought back the person who did the score. So even if the story sucks, they are least have people who worked on the series.

I assume Koga will be back in some fashion, but I wonder if Kaede is a tease. Since Kaede was about 7-8 when she got the eye injury/her sister dying, and Inuyasha pinned to the tree. Add 50 years for the Inuyasha story with 2 years of plot? So she would be 60.

The way how this thing is, it's at least a 10 year time jump plus whatever the girls were, so maybe 3.

So Kaede is at least 73?

Was glad to hear they're bringing the old staff back. Rumiko's comedic timing will be missed, but so long as they don't do something stupid like kill a major character off or revive Kikyo it'll be fun to watch for nostalgia.

They can definitely work Koga in. maybe he has a kid who becomes a rival to Inuyasha's daughter for comedy.

Could be that Kaede appears in a flashback. I figure at least those appearances of Inuyasha, Sango etc are flashbacks because their kids are using some of their items (Sango's Hiraikotsu, Inuyasha still wearing the fire-rat coat that his daughter has)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Black Clover really is that dope tho. The great moments are truly epic and the filler is mad enjoyable. Can't really complain about it.
I guess I need to pick this back up. It came across as the anime version of McDonald's to me. Wasn't great or bad. It'll do. I also watched MHA after it and felt that was better at the high points but MHA suffers from pacing that is uneven where as Black Clover constantly escalated and never really let up on the gas.

I don't dislike Black Clover but at the same time I don't get all the praise either. I paused on it to let more build up. I paused on MHA because after the fight with Overhaul I got the feeling the pacing was gonna drop off a cliff again.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
FMA 2003 >>>>>> FMA Brotherhood and you can't convince me otherwise :unimpressed:
Did you finish Brotherhood? Some of the better characters in FMA are either messed up or like Olivier doesn't even exist in the original version. Hell most of the best moments of FMA don't exist in the original series.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Did you finish Brotherhood? Some of the better characters in FMA are either messed up or like Olivier doesn't even exist in the original version. Hell most of the best moments of FMA don't exist in the original series.
I'm aware of the differences. To be clear, I think the manga is great. Brotherhood for the most part, is a flaccid adaptation that doesn't even get good until like 40 episodes in.

The direction, storyboards, art direction, and emotional beats are all better in 2003.

Example

2003 attempted to elevate the source material. For the first 40 or so episodes, the best Brotherhood could do was copy the manga 1:1 or at worst, fukk it up.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Clover really is that dope tho. The great moments are truly epic and the filler is mad enjoyable. Can't really complain about it.

Flames breh & the manga is still pumping out prime content. My only concern which I've discussed with @twan83 is that they're going to burn through everything at the current pace. At some point they have to level off, go internal instead of external, & then build to the next event.

The current breakneck speed isn't sustainable unless they plan to end relatively quickly like Demon Slayer, which is fine if that's executed properly.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Flames breh & the manga is still pumping out prime content. My only concern which I've discussed with @twan83 is that they're going to burn through everything at the current pace. At some point they have to level off, go internal instead of external, & then build to the next event.

The current breakneck speed isn't sustainable unless they plan to end relatively quickly like Demon Slayer, which is fine if that's executed properly.

I basically said that same thing

images

It's not supposed to be short tho the creator said he want's it long like Naruto and One Piece no homo so eventually it's gonna slow down, I don't even see where they'd go after the current arc, probably have them fighting angels and gods or something

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I basically said that same thing

images

It's not supposed to be short tho the creator said he want's it long like Naruto and One Piece no homo so eventually it's gonna slow down, I don't even see where they'd go after the current arc, probably have them fighting angels and gods or something

Nah, there's plenty for them to explore and deal with. Unless their planet only has 1 continent, there's a lot left on the table in regards to unexplored elements for threats. We've still got Dwarves to figure out, Yami's homeland, etc.