Reppin
Rotterdam
Tfw its both your way, and the right way :banderas:

Inside Japan's New One Piece Theme Park

hqdefault.jpg

Vs

OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAnDCrMBYV7KSgI0lES3Z1Ag

303krn.jpg
Folks thought I wasn't being serious talking about that legendary fall-off.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Re watching Cowboy Bebop and if Ed doesn't exist, nothing changes about the show. His autism makes every scene worse.

this is the first time I've heard this from a Bebop fan. Ed not existing changes a ton about what the show is doing

Ed is the only member of the crew without baggage and a future. This is relevant to themes within Bebop.

she's genius hacker, no one else in the crew can do what she does.

Through Ed leaving the ship, you see that Spike/Jet complaints about their companions is entirely a front. They miss her, Ein and Faye. It's part of what makes the episode when she leaves so good.

The Bebop universe, and really much of Watanabe works, contain a mishmash of different personalities and appearances that don't seem like they fit together. But do anyway. Ed being an oddball fits into that.

Last edited:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
this is the first time I've heard this from a Bebop fan. Ed not existing changes a ton about what the show is doing

Ed is the only member of the crew without baggage and a future. This is relevant to themes within Bebop.

she's genius hacker, no one else in the crew can do what she does.

Through Ed leaving the ship, you see that Spike/Jet complaints about their companions is entirely a front. They miss her, Ein and Faye. It's part of what makes the episode when she leaves so good.

The Bebop universe, and really much of Watanabe works, contain a mishmash of different personalities and appearances that don't seem like they fit together. But do anyway. Ed being an oddball fits into that.
That's cool, Ed is still trash :unimpressed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i get not liking a character for x reason

but, you remove ed and bebop is a very different show is what i was saying.
I don't think he added anything that a regular single episode side character wouldn't :manny: if anything, ed prevented that freedom of creativity there

might be biggest criticism of the show tbh

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he added anything that a regular single episode side character wouldn't :manny: if anything, ed prevented that freedom

might be biggest criticism of the show tbh

a side character could fill Ed's contribution as a hacker, I'd agree with that. So long as they don't die as some good Bebop side characters do.

but not what she meant to the crew as a surrogate family member. Something Jet, Spike and Faye have none of outside of the ship. You lose the contrast of Ed leaving to search for her own future to Spike going back to the syndicate to settle his past (as well as what Faye and Jet do). That scene only works because she was an entrenched member of the crew who spent a number of episodes with, not someone outside of them. And because she's a kid compared to the other three who are adults.

If Bebop doesn't have a kid in that crew who isn't burdened by the things that plague Faye/Jet/Spike, finds reasons to be happy everyday even if absurd, its a different show.