zJ0pri9.png

fAC83VO.png

g2zkblo.png

C1Pb1iH.png

pE2bTel.png

QEWksHg.png

DEad4CZ.png

aeQsjgv.png

should rewatch champloo wearing headphones once a year. was a more fun experience than any anime to come out in the last five years or so

similar to Bebop, it does have themes that connect the non-linear episodes together. like the undeniability of fate and how some people are pushed into a direction based on things outside of their control (environment, disabilities, sex). others meant to be together to change the purpose of their lives.

Fuu, Mugen and Jin are all great characters. Went into the rewatch thinking Fuu was a weak link. When she's a core part of what makes Champloo work. Jin has a quote about lords being self serving and none of them being worth sacrificing your life for. This in reference to the way samurai earned a living during the time, by serving under wealthy officials as bodyguards who more often than not were corrupt. He is a loner because he believes in no one. But he does grow to believe in and serve under Fuu and it's because she's naive and sincere. Same for Mugen. The development in their relationship from episode 1 to episode 24 is the linear story of Champloo.

The ending imo was perfect. It leaves enough room for you to interpret it in any way you want. They could have met up again someday. They could have continued to part ways and form their own individual journeys, grow separate from each other. Or they could've died and the ending is them parting in the afterlife. Speculation can go wherever.

What isn't speculative is that the ending parallels the experience of the viewer - when their journey ends so does yours. You can go back and watch Champloo and when you do, they'll meet up again. Will always have memories of the adventure just as they have memories of their journey together that can be revisited at any time. And they'll probably remember the highlights of that adventure just as the show itself is structured.

I don't think Champloo is better than Bebop. but, I think I get why people think so - the genres used are more popular and identifiable. Bebop is more interpretative, philosophical than Champloo that is mostly straightforward. Bebop has more themes that trend towards the permanent struggles of adulthood, fairly nihilistic, whereas the Champloo main characters are younger teenagers-young adults who still have a chance to find purpose and flip the direction of their lives. easier to relate to. but I think any Champloo fan who doesn't like Bebop needs to give it a closer look because the heartbeats are of the same rhythm. There's also only one Radical Ed.

Easy 10/10. liked it better than Brotherhood. probably in my top ten all time.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
When I was #ReadGang before I smartened up.

I had read the manga (bleach too and a few others) so yea I know how it ends. I just didn’t see the anime and wanted to see it animated and in color.

And it all fairness, so if y’all been saying Boruto is dope and still watch it too:usure:

Niccas better stop acting funny in here:mjgrin:

You didn't catch me calling the Boruto anime dope. I've been very vocal about the sheer audacity of the amount of filler. :hubie:

Don't think I forgot either, San Fran :stopitslime:

Where the List? :ufdup:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
he went to a hentai site to read a manga and was shocked it was vile.

huh.
Nah this is different............... This is not regular. Usually hentai is cartoonish to the point you can't take it too seriously. This some sad chit

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Nah this is different............... This is not regular. Usually hentai is cartoonish to the point you can't take it too seriously. This some sad chit
Metamorphasis is extremely notorious for being OD dark
Emergence (Metamorphosis) | Know Your Meme

People don't just randomly stumble upon that shyt completely blind. I haven't read it (#noreadgang :win:) but even I know not to read that unless you are specifically looking for something extremely fukked up.
That breh shouldn't have ignored the warnings unless he's about that life :manny:

The axe murderer

Daps
Metamorphasis is extremely notorious for being OD dark
Emergence (Metamorphosis) | Know Your Meme

People don't just randomly stumble upon that shyt completely blind. I haven't read it (#noreadgang :win:) but even I know not to read that unless you are specifically looking for something extremely fukked up.
That breh shouldn't have ignored the warnings unless he's about that life :manny:
this shyt hits because its real life girls going through that shyt :francis:
Not everyone deserves to have children

The axe murderer

Daps
it is. but you gotta go looking for it to find it, and ignore all the tags that tell you how screwed it is
This kid keeps saying she belong to the streets until he sees a glimpse of what goes on in the streets