Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Challenge accepted, lil bih. :ufdup:

When you know, you know. :obama:

As for an actual list, I can't rank them because they're all there for different but equally valid reasons. No one show hits every note, some shows have a monopoly on one particular note but it's executed to perfection. Plus being :flabbynsick: makes things even more difficult.

C'est la vie.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
HunterXHunter
Casshern Sins
Yu Yu Hakusho
Monster
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Assassination Classroom
The Promised Neverland
Ronin Warriors
Trigun
Dragon Ball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Gungrave
BLEACH
Gundam Wing
Death Note
Fist of the North Star
FMA: B
Hajime No Ippo

That list is pretty :flabbynsick::ehh:

No One Piece or JoJo's Bizzare Adventure makes you lose points :unimpressed:

You get a 7/10:mjpls:

Wait no Naruto :ohhh:

0/10:hhh: Try Again

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This exercise really let's you know who you should associate with
full

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Wow I'm noticing a lot of FMA love on these lists. Where do you brehs think Fullmetal alchemist/brotherhood will be on 42 monks' list?
Over/under top 10? :lupe:

Also I have to go back and finish Durarara. I remember loving that show but then checking out Baccano and not feeling it so I dropped them both. I need to give Trigun a legit chance too.
Hardly seeing anyone with the OG FLCL on their list is wild :wow: they did so much in 6 episodes

I did watch it wayy back in the day and it immediately became one of my favorite anime but I can't remember what actually happened in it so I thought it would be dishonest to place it high (but I did consider it). This is due for a re-watch too.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Wow I'm noticing a lot of FMA love on these lists. Where do you brehs think Fullmetal alchemist/brotherhood will be on 42 monks' list?
Over/under top 10? :lupe:

Also I have to go back and finish Durarara. I remember loving that show but then checking out Baccano and not feeling it so I dropped them both. I need to give Trigun a legit chance too.

I did watch it wayy back in the day and it immediately became one of my favorite anime but I can't remember what actually happened in it so I thought it would be dishonest to place it high (but I did consider it). This is due for a re-watch too.
it absolutely will not be :mjlol:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjcry: So after a hiatus from Coronavirus shutting down production. Digimon Adventure 2020 came back with Episode 4 to give Sora the spotlight, along with her Bird Digimon. shyt gives me memories of when Digimon was that 'Pokemon Clone' on FOX Kids, but yet instead of hearing Pokemon just say their names, Digimon was their soul companion.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mjcry: So after a hiatus from Coronavirus shutting down production. Digimon Adventure 2020 came back with Episode 4 to give Sora the spotlight, along with her Bird Digimon. shyt gives me memories of when Digimon was that 'Pokemon Clone' on FOX Kids, but yet instead of hearing Pokemon just say their names, Digimon was their soul companion.
This reboot is just showcase #374 why Toei is the worst anime studio out there. This shyt looks so low budget and has so little effort put into storytelling it's embarrassing. I've been keeping up with it mostly out of nostalgia and the OG series took a while to get really good as well (Myotismon arc) but it seems like Toei has learned nothing from how badly they fukked up that Sailor Moon remake.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Aite. I think I'll just lump together franchises instead of picking which particular series/entry from them to save myself some headaches. Also, there's an incredible gap between the best and worst gundam series for example so I won't bother trying to untangle all that. Not including movies/short runs either. Spots would go to Akira, Mononoke, Appleseed, Battle Angel Alita, etc.

Top 20 (Top 3 are set, no order otherwise)

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Ghost in The Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
Serial Experiments Lain
Violet Evergarden
Macross
Gundam
Hajime No Ippo
Kenshin
Evangelion
Casshern Sins
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Patlabor
Crest of the Stars
Space Battleship Yamato
Lupin
Shin Chan
Trigun
Black Lagoon

Almost made it list:

Kekkai Sensen
Birdy the Mighty
Kikaider
Full Metal Panic
Baccano
Nana
Fate/Stay
Mob Psycho
YYH

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Aite. I think I'll just lump together franchises instead of picking which particular series/entry from them to save myself some headaches. Also, there's an incredible gap between the best and worst gundam series for example so I won't bother trying to untangle all that. Not including movies/short runs either. Spots would go to Akira, Mononoke, Appleseed, Battle Angel Alita, etc.

Top 20 (Top 3 are set, no order otherwise)

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Ghost in The Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
Serial Experiments Lain
Violet Evergarden
Macross
Gundam
Hajime No Ippo
Kenshin
Evangelion
Casshern Sins