intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
@Obreh Winfrey is my homey and already likes me :dame:

Also...... that was past tense.

I legit haven’t read a manga in a few years. The last I think was following was Prison School for the fukkery..... but even that became a chore:what:
giphy.gif

Whatever you say 24 Wonks:mjgrin:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I really love Dorohedoro and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Remind me of old school anime

Violent but with a purpose
Weird and a bit random with enough story to keep you interested
Funny

a bunch of us watched it.

it's.... polarizing. Folks either love it or hate it.

it was my favorite anime that season, barely winning over Darwin's Game

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Is Megalobox good?
I watched the first episode way back, but I never followed through on it.

Depends what you want out of it.

If you want an underdog story with a good presentation, no nonsense protag then it's worth watching. Lot of people liked the aesthetic and how Joe worked his way to greatness in a short period of time.

If you're looking for the next great sports narrative then it sucks. The competitions don't have enough build up for them to feel like they matter, the blows lack impact, the animation is average, the characters are one dimensional and barely explored. Gears become a wasted concept once you watch some guy off the street win fights without using them somehow.

It was designed to pay homage to Ashyta no Joe in a futuristic setting. But other than ripping off some scenes 1:1 it doesn't really do a good job of that.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Depends what you want out of it.

If you want an underdog story with a good presentation, no nonsense protag then it's worth watching. Lot of people liked the aesthetic and how Joe worked his way to greatness in a short period of time.

If you're looking for the next great sports narrative then it sucks. The competitions don't have enough build up for them to feel like they matter, the blows lack impact, the animation is average, the characters are one dimensional and barely explored. Gears become a wasted concept once you watch some guy off the street win fights without using them somehow.

It was designed to pay homage to Ashyta no Joe in a futuristic setting. But other than ripping off some scenes 1:1 it doesn't really do a good job of that.

I may have to keep this on the back-burner when I don’t have much to watch.
Thank you, breh.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yeah, I'm going to have to read the Tower of God webtoon because this show feels poorly adapted... not saying it's bad but it's definitely lacking something.
shyt is cheeks. I blame the sound editor. Every episode try to have this muffle epic sound in the background fukking everything up. Coupled with the sub standard animation, and incohesive plot :scust:

Last edited:

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
Anybody got any suggestions for anime that are similar in tone to Cowboy Bebop?

Yes i’ve already seen Samurai Champloo.

I’m looking for something with a dope story, cool/complex characters, and not something that runs over 50 episodes.

Any suggestions?

• Outlaw Star
  • Terra E :wow:
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Gungrave
  • Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
  • Death Parade
  • Mononoke 2007