T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
While I do think its interesting how he made a show so dark yet still hidden behind bright colors and wacky characters that it gets past the censors I wouldn't compare it to anime.

You should make an American animation thread.
there's not a lot of dope american animated shows tho, i mean you could say shyt like venture bros, archer, rick morty, superjail, etc. but they vary so much style/content wise that a thread like that would be all over the place :manny: i'll just leave it alone, that latest episode just had me like :wow:so i felt compelled to say something

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
there's not a lot of dope american animated shows tho, i mean you could say shyt like venture bros, archer, rick morty, superjail, etc. but they vary so much style/content wise that a thread like that would be all over the place :manny: i'll just leave it alone, that latest episode just had me like :wow:so i felt compelled to say something
So what if its all over the place.

Do it!!!!!!

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
While I do think its interesting how he made a show so dark yet still hidden behind bright colors and wacky characters that it gets past the censors I wouldn't compare it to anime.

You should make an American animation thread.
american animation is odd, because the actual animation is not 'good' its heavy on gags and writing. venture bros is my favorite shyt, and the animation is just kinda 'whatever' to me, compared to aniamtion in anime. in comparison, i feel like the writing in actual anime is shytty usually, but the animation itself is so far above and beyond american shyt, i just be watching wak shyt for fight scenes.
i understand what you mean, but i dont see ANY of that in the show :pachaha:

i agree with everything else tho :ehh:

i didnt mean to use 'CAC' in a derogatory way, i just kinda see animated shyt in black and white usually "cac vs japs" most people arent up on french shyt or any things in between american shyt and asian shyt, so in my mind i just be all black and white.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
american animation is odd, because the actual animation is not 'good' its heavy on gags and writing. venture bros is my favorite shyt, and the animation is just kinda 'whatever' to me, compared to aniamtion in anime. in comparison, i feel like the writing in actual anime is shytty usually, but the animation itself is so far above and beyond american shyt, i just be watching wak shyt for fight scenes.

i didnt mean to use 'CAC' in a derogatory way, i just kinda see animated shyt in black and white usually "cac vs japs" most people arent up on french shyt or any things in between american shyt and asian shyt, so in my mind i just be all black and white.
i agree with western animation compare to eastern animation :ehh: we have goofier looking shyt but the writing/story is usually better, while they have the piff animation and the crappiest stories you can think of

dont get it twisted im not caping for cacs in any way :whoa: i was just wondering what you meant

:ohhh: i definitely fukk with alot of french and spanish illustrators but i've never seen their animation styles, might look some stuff up

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
i agree with western animation compare to eastern animation :ehh: we have goofier looking shyt but the writing/story is usually better, while they have the piff animation and the crappiest stories you can think of

dont get it twisted im not caping for cacs in any way :whoa: i was just wondering what you meant

:ohhh: i definitely fukk with alot of french and spanish illustrators but i've never seen their animation styles, might look some stuff up

:salute: i work in animation currently(i do not animate). and know a few people, some of these threads in the past (especially the boondocks and black dynamite threads) are funny to me.
me and a homie just had a convo about east vs west animation actually.

french animation fukk with shyt out of goeblins gobelins animation - YouTube their student films are ILL as fukk, not crazy story stuff, but animation and ideas kinda crazy.

wakfu is a series that looks pretty ill, tho the animation can be a lil choppy sometimes.

i'm not supremely well versed in spanish stuff tho. canada has dope animators tho

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:salute: i work in animation currently(i do not animate). and know a few people, some of these threads in the past (especially the boondocks and black dynamite threads) are funny to me.
me and a homie just had a convo about east vs west animation actually.

french animation fukk with shyt out of goeblins gobelins animation - YouTube their student films are ILL as fukk, not crazy story stuff, but animation and ideas kinda crazy.

wakfu is a series that looks pretty ill, tho the animation can be a lil choppy sometimes.

i'm not supremely well versed in spanish stuff tho. canada has dope animators tho

:ohhh: we gotta share artist names and dope animation links later in PM's or somethin breh(possibly a thread in the art subforum?) i dont see too many people into that kind of stuff on here, thought i was alone

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:ohhh: we gotta share artist names and dope animation links later in PM's or somethin breh(possibly a thread in the art subforum?) i dont see too many people into that kind of stuff on here, thought i was alone
we can do both. some more insider type stuff i'd keep to PM cuz i dont want my shyt out there.. since i be sayin some rather inflamatory ass shyt in other areas of the coli :russ: but in a few months i was contemplating making a thread about animation indusrty from a black mans perspective. :ehh:

but i dont think you are a lone, but most cats arent well versed in animation, could be others tho

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Hunter X Hunter is one of the goats period :wow:

Only 3 shonens are f***ing with IMO, just breathtaking narrative and adventure. The contrast of Gon/Killua and their growth in character on this journey :wow:

The Netero-Meruem animation was just splendid my god. And we still haven't made it to "the scene". :wow:

Last edited:
Daps
i've also observed that western animated shows usually have a stronger story. akira's one of my favorite animes, but the story's nonsensical and a shambolic mess in some parts. but i'm just talking about the movie, i haven't really read the manga.

however, i'd ultimately chalk it up to a difference in culture. i'm sure if you talked to someone who was born and bred in japan they would beg to differ.

Daps
we can do both. some more insider type stuff i'd keep to PM cuz i dont want my shyt out there.. since i be sayin some rather inflamatory ass shyt in other areas of the coli :russ: but in a few months i was contemplating making a thread about animation indusrty from a black mans perspective. :ehh:

but i dont think you are a lone, but most cats arent well versed in animation, could be others tho

bruh, foh with that elitist shyt. i didn't go to art school, so i might not have that indepth academic knowledge that you fellas have, but i'd appreciate it if i could build with y'all. just start another thread or something. it's all good.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
bruh, foh with that elitist shyt. i didn't go to art school, so i might not have that indepth academic knowledge that you fellas have, but i'd appreciate it if i could build with y'all. just start another thread or something. it's all good.
uhm.. :what:what was elitist about what i said? i said i'd keep my more personal shyt in PM, whats wrong wit that pleighboi?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i didn't go to school for animation either breh, i just follow a lot of animators and read all the interviews, study the science behind some of it, etc.

he wasn't shytting on anyone breh calm down :whoa: u took it the wrong way

Daps
uhm.. :what:what was elitist about what i said? i said i'd keep my more personal shyt in PM, whats wrong wit that pleighboi?

my bad, i only caught the tail end of the conversation you were having with T-K-G. I understand the need for privacy. don 't divulge anything you don't feel comfortable sharing. i'd really be interested in participating in a discussion revolving around animation though. i remember watching a compilation of animated shorts last year and it left a really big impression on me.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
i've also observed that western animated shows usually have a stronger story. akira's one of my favorite animes, but the story's nonsensical and a shambolic mess in some parts. but i'm just talking about the movie, i haven't really read the manga.

however, i'd ultimately chalk it up to a difference in culture. i'm sure if you talked to someone who was born and bred in japan they would beg to differ.
akira story got fukked because the manga is brolic as fukk and they attempted to condense it into 2 hours. that shyt is bigger than watchmen and watchmen was not as ill as it could be and it was over 2hrs. Eastern shyt is dope when they heavy on philosophy and science shyt. they too unemotional, so most of their comedy is garbage... or its rich with their own cultural shyt, so we cant 'get it'