42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Food wars is dope
Baki was trending in my Netflix queue, so I gave the first episode a spin.

Holy shyt.

As someone who never followed the manga I’m blown away. It’s also crazy because Tradd Moore’s (best comic book artist in the game right now, imo) art style clearly took a lot of inspiration from this manga and the earlier animes. I understand now why his images “move” so much like anime now. :ohhh:
People been sleeping :wow:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
My exact thought process as well and the part you are referring too is towards the end of season 1 which I thought was the best portion of the series. Yep alot of this is Clannad being vastly popular and an introduction to anime for alot. You explained it perfectly another reason why AS was off to me for the most part, everything just got super serious all of a sudden and we were trained to laugh at these same characters.

I may be in the minority, but I truly feel Suzuka is one of if not the best romance anime I've seen, it has its flaws but I felt it was truly did the genre well

talking to the president of the Suzuka manga stanclub. rare that you find a MC that is willing to date the girl who actually wants him most as opposed to being stuck on a girl that ignores him (which in turn makes her realize she's fukking up)

I'd rather re-read Suzuka for the however many dozen times I've gone through that manga than watch Clannad again.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
talking to the president of the Suzuka manga stanclub. rare that you find a MC that is willing to date the girl who actually wants him most as opposed to being stuck on a girl that ignores him (which in turn makes her realize she's fukking up)

I'd rather re-read Suzuka for the however many dozen times I've gone through that manga than watch Clannad again.
Not a big manga reader but Suzuka is one I actually loved the anime so much I had to read chapters. It's a completely realistic capture of real life teenage romance. The boy chases the girl, she gives him no attention, he decides to actual accept fate for a little and settle for the lesser girl in his mind that actually loves him, but even so he still love the other meanwhile the girl gets over her bullshyt and falls for him. also

also I cant think of a more beautiful theme song too :mjcry:
OST is amazing as well, you got my as co chairman breh

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Not a big manga reader but Suzuka is one of 1 I actually loved the anime so much I had to read chapters. It's a completely realistic capture of real life teenage romance. The boy chases the girl, she gives him no attention, he decides to actual accept fate for a little and settle for the lesser girl in his mind that actually loves him, but even so he still love the other meanwhile the girl gets over her bullshyt and falls for him. also

also I cant think of a more beautiful theme song too :mjcry:
OST is amazing as well, yo got my as co chairman breh

Very thorough story. Just about anything you can think of that can happen in a relationship does happen in Suzuka and it ends on a perfect note.

that song brings me back to freshman year when all of this was new and relatable to me. I ran track like Yamoto and my girl was all-state like Suzuka (she was a lot better in hurdles, long jump than high jump though). Gonna add it to my playlist for nostalgia sake.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Breh. I’m up watching this shyt now and wrapping presents. Just got to the joint where Baki hit one dude with a desk, and then the gardener with the rope + sickle appeared.

When he took the fukking sickles off the rope... :merchant::dwillhuh::merchant::hubie::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Just started watching Baki yesterday. His intimidation game is on 1000.

Baki: :birdman:
Random breh: :hubie: