twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I'm caught up with all my shows and some even ended.

So I'm gonna need yall brehs to put me on to some new shyt I may be sleeping on

@42 Monks and @twan83 , yall got any poo poo trash yall wanna share with me? :scust:

Even if its SOL:hhh:

Martha

U gonna stop disrespecting our poo poo trash breh :martin::pachaha:

U watch that time reincarnated as a slime yet breh

If u want poo trash watch yamada my first time :russ:
fukkery high in it

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baki was trending in my Netflix queue, so I gave the first episode a spin.

Holy shyt.

As someone who never followed the manga I’m blown away. It’s also crazy because Tradd Moore’s (best comic book artist in the game right now, imo) art style clearly took a lot of inspiration from this manga and the earlier animes. I understand now why his images “move” so much like anime now. :ohhh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think Jojo part 5 intro might be the best one.

"FIGHT—TING GOLLL—DDD :ohlawd: "

Them transitions crisp :wow:

Yooooo

Why for the 2 hours I been sitting here watching them Jojo inspired "to be continued" memes and fukking dying:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

How the fukk I just discovered this shyt tonight!!!

These shyts are :gladbron::krs::ooh::leon::damn::huhldup: and:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::dead:

Martha

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
yea Youhei was the blonde dude who was his boy, I thought he was vastly more interesting then the MC, actually thought the MC was a complete dikk to him but for some reason it was just masked as "oh nah they are best friends" and yea I preferred the other girls to Nagisa

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, I watched it in full in the beginning of 2017, its a decent SOL I dont see the classic alot see in it tho and there are other SOL with alot of more deep impactful drama I felt

Clannad S1 was at its best when it tried to be funny. There are some great parodies of video games, VN and school life anime tropes used throughout, like Tomoyo spamming the chun li super to beat Youhei and the increasing hit counter and meta humor of VN route progression

WY3k6UY.jpg

eJ7Wwr1.jpg

IbiurEc.jpg

EWbWXNf.jpg

kabhysS.jpg

when Clannad tried to be emotional it felt jarring because so much effort is spent mocking these very same characters who we’re now supposed to pity. Why should I care about a ghost girl obsessed with making starfish when the MC is squirting milk up her nose at every opportunity? Am I supposed to feel bad or laugh at her, and why is this show trying so hard to make me feel both in such a short period of time?

There’s a scene in episode 8 where Nagisa’s mom tries to pretend like she can see starfish girl. And then she looks in the opposite direction of her while holding an entire conversation by herself. And then breaks down crying when it’s obvious she’s pretending. That is fukking hilarious to me. But to those who really love Clannad it’s heartbreaking and that represents the divide in opinion of the show - those who buy into the drama and those who feel it’s forced to the point where it's boring, and even at times ironically funny.

bPWTtiV.jpg

GddTjsq.jpg

IAcOhpY.jpg

LinHNs9.jpg

Clannad does have some of the best OVA content of any romance ever produced. Gives the viewer the option of pretending as though boring as fukk Nagisa doesn’t win and best girl Tomoyo does, or lesser best girl but still better than Nagisa Kyou, wins. Every single VN adaptation need to do that. The entire point of those games is being able to entertain various routes rather than being trapped into one. I don’t feel like watching After story now, but when I do maybe I'll like it better if it fully commits to being an over the top tearjerker.

Popular = classic to some. "Best anime I've ever seen" even if you've only seen 20 anime none of which before the year 2008 is a classic to others. Clannad is a huge gateway to anime and the VN experience to a lot of people, makes sense they'd consider it such. No I wouldn't call it one either: Honey and Clover, 3-Gatsu No Lion, Spice and Wolf, Kare Kano, Maison Ikkoku, Nodame Cantabile, Natsume Yuujinchou, Video Girl Ai, White Album 2, Kodomo No Omocha - these are some of the best within the romance and/or sol genre that a lot of the Clannad audience will never hear about let alone see.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
@Bryan Danielson I'm actually surprised you went anywhere near Rascal/Bunny Girl.

prolly just wanted to ridicule it and needed reference points. :francis::mjcry:

He stay trashing these kind of shows :mjcry:

Deep down he need that poo poo trash in his life :mjgrin:

Truthfully, I had no idea what I was setting myself up for when I signed up to this poo poo I requested from y’all and my cousin @42 Monks :russ:

That’s why I only went with 1 of the 3 suggested :heh:

The description seemed kinda of vague and on the site I saw at the time, genre wise it said nothing about SOL, it was labeled “mystery & psychological thriller”

So that in itself intrigued me...... but now I’m suspicious and it’s too late to turn back:damn:

Martha

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I love the Slime anime this season. Always seems to make you feel like it ends too soon and you can't wait for the next episode. Probably only going to last one season right?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I love the Slime anime this season. Always seems to make you feel like it ends too soon and you can't wait for the next episode. Probably only going to last one season right?

Says 24 eps so ya it's got 13 vols out right now with only 4 translated to buy

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Clannad S1 was at its best when it tried to be funny. There are some great parodies of video games, VN and school life anime tropes used throughout, like Tomoyo spamming the chun li super to beat Youhei and the increasing hit counter and meta humor of VN route progression

WY3k6UY.jpg

eJ7Wwr1.jpg

IbiurEc.jpg

EWbWXNf.jpg

kabhysS.jpg

when Clannad tried to be emotional it felt jarring because so much effort is spent mocking these very same characters who we’re now supposed to pity. Why should I care about a ghost girl obsessed with making starfish when the MC is squirting milk up her nose at every opportunity? Am I supposed to feel bad or laugh at her, and why is this show trying so hard to make me feel both in such a short period of time?

There’s a scene in episode 8 where Nagisa’s mom tries to pretend like she can see starfish girl. And then she looks in the opposite direction of her while holding an entire conversation by herself. And then breaks down crying when it’s obvious she’s pretending. That is fukking hilarious to me. But to those who really love Clannad it’s heartbreaking and that represents the divide in opinion of the show - those who buy into the drama and those who feel it’s forced to the point where it's boring, and even at times ironically funny.

bPWTtiV.jpg

GddTjsq.jpg

IAcOhpY.jpg

LinHNs9.jpg

Clannad does have some of the best OVA content of any romance ever produced. Gives the viewer the option of pretending as though boring as fukk Nagisa doesn’t win and best girl Tomoyo does, or lesser best girl but still better than Nagisa Kyou, wins. Every single VN adaptation need to do that. The entire point of those games is being able to entertain various routes rather than being trapped into one. I don’t feel like watching After story now, but when I do maybe I'll like it better if it fully commits to being an over the top tearjerker.

Popular = classic to some. "Best anime I've ever seen" even if you've only seen 20 anime none of which before the year 2008 is a classic to others. Clannad is a huge gateway to anime and the VN experience to a lot of people, makes sense they'd consider it such. No I wouldn't call it one either: Honey and Clover, 3-Gatsu No Lion, Spice and Wolf, Kare Kano, Maison Ikkoku, Nodame Cantabile, Natsume Yuujinchou, Video Girl Ai, White Album 2, Kodomo No Omocha - these are some of the best within the romance and/or sol genre that a lot of the Clannad audience will never hear about let alone see.
My exact thought process as well and the part you are referring too is towards the end of season 1 which I thought was the best portion of the series. Yep alot of this is Clannad being vastly popular and an introduction to anime for alot. You explained it perfectly another reason why AS was off to me for the most part, everything just got super serious all of a sudden and we were trained to laugh at these same characters.

I may be in the minority, but I truly feel Suzuka is one of if not the best romance anime I've seen, it has its flaws but I felt it was truly did the genre well