TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The references in Pop Team Epic had me dying. Plus these motherfukkers really had the second half of the episode be a replay of the first half with different VA's. :dead:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Rewatching triugun. 15 episodes in so far.
What's your guys opinions on this?

It is a certified classic.. I was 13 episodes a month ago but I got side tracked with school and started watching other shyt like bebop.

But I'm back. I still got to write a review for bebop to post on here I'll most likely start tonight but I want to do one for trigun too.

I can't remember but hopefully the rest of the episodes remind me. But usually there's some corny aspect of the show that pops up quite often just can't remember what it is.

my only problem with Trigun is it takes 11 episodes to take itself seriously and introduce the sci-fi concepts of it's story. It was not particularly good as a western inspired action comedy; what made Trigun great was Vash's identity crisis between alien and human and how he, a timid pacifist who would cry if accidentally swatted a fly, reacts to the many tragedies that happen around him.

Vash, Legato, Wolfwood and Knives are all very well designed, very well written characters who you could go into a lot of depth about in what they represent thematically, and that's what makde Trigun a great anime to me. Gave it a 8/10

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
my only problem with Trigun is it takes 11 episodes to take itself seriously and introduce the sci-fi concepts of it's story. It was not particularly good as a western inspired action comedy; what made Trigun great was Vash's identity crisis between alien and human and how he, a timid pacifist who would cry if accidentally swatted a fly, reacts to the many tragedies that happen around him.

Vash, Legato, Wolfwood and Knives are all very well designed, very well written characters who you could go into a lot of depth about in what they represent thematically, and that's what makde Trigun a great anime to me. Gave it a 8/10
Yeah its been good as fukk in the second half.

Its weird but for some reason when I watch Trigun I think about Kenshin suddenly. I see a lot of similarities.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

Its weird but for some reason when I watch Trigun I think about Kenshin suddenly. I see a lot of similarities.

Vash and Kenshin have the same plight now that I think about it. Both shows were running at the same time in '98 so there's probably some overlap in staff too

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Vash and Kenshin have the same plight now that I think about it. Both shows were running at the same time in '98 so there's probably some overlap in staff too
Same story basically of where dudes a badass and has a tragic past so he doesn't want to kill anymore
both have those serious transition into goofy moments each episode
both dudes destroy any nikka in sight but have a girl who happens to boss him around and starts to love him over time
both dubbed version have at least one silly voice i cant stand
animation
vibe of the show
and apparently the same time period

shyt just reminded me of kenshin to much.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When's jojo and Baki new seasons coming out? Supposed to be this year. Been looking for it but no word from what i can see.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

lol I'm watching Trigun too, I'm 16 episodes I was literally going to come in here and ask why is this too highly rated. I've seen this type of show/plot/character done before (Kenshin for example) and done SOO much better?

Like I said I'm 16 episodes in and I heard the 2nd half of the show picks up, but man idk

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
lol I'm watching Trigun too, I'm 16 episodes I was literally going to come in here and ask why is this too highly rated. I've seen this type of show/plot/character done before (Kenshin for example) and done SOO much better?

Like I said I'm 16 episodes in and I heard the 2nd half of the show picks up, but man idk
I think the show is like a 6.75 to a 7ish.

Trigun to me is like that basketball player who can make any team and the player himself overall is good/decent in every area but doesn't excell in any shape or form.

I think its the fact that trigun came from the era of all those classics so it gets thrown into the mix easily and its not a bad anime at all just doesn't reach the levels as others

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

Trigun is :trash: I remember in the 2000s when anime nerds swore that show was worth watching. I don't even think I made it past an episode. Another one a friend marketed hard was s-CRY-ed. Also shyte.