Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I swear @areohbee82 and me were just talking about whether or not this would actually drop this Friday. I was saying I had zero hype for this because I didn't like Awesome God 2 at all. I like the 3 Stove God features and the joint featuring Benny and Boldy. That's it.

All that being said...

This tracklist looks dope. Conway and Benny over Just Blaze?! :damn:

Benny and Boldy over Alchemist again? :picard:

EDIT: I missed Black Thought? :mindblown:

Yo this almost looks like a Griselda compilation album more than it does a pure Westside Gunn album. :blessed:

I'm all in.

EDIT 2: I fukked up and watched a Conway stream on Youtube where he played God Don't Make Mistakes (his Shady debut) and he's saying it'll be out this month too. Benny and Hit-Boy on deck. Possible sequel to Tea in China by Boldy and Alchemist before 2021 as well. :banderas: Griselda fall is in full effect.

@BK The Great it looks like this Friday release date.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
In case anyone has to struggle to read the credits like me.

1. Sunshine Intro (feat. AA Rashid) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
2. The Butcher And The Blade (feat. Conway & Benny) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
3. Ishkabibble's (feat. Black Thought) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
4. All Praises (feat. Boldy James & Jadakiss) Prod. Alchemist
5. Big Basha's Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
6. Liz Loves Luger (feat. Armani Caesar) Prod. Alchemist
7. Ocean Prime (feat. Slick Rick & Busta Rhymes) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
8. Lessie (feat. Keisha Plum) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
9. Frank Murphy (feat. Stove God Cooks, Estee Nack, El Camino & Smoke DZA) Prod. Conductor William's
10. Goodnight (feat. Slick Rick) Prod. Daringer & Beat Butcha
11. '98 Sabers (feat. Conway, Benny & Armani Caesar) Prod. Just Blaze

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm stoked that WSG put lots of Daringer on there. Keep it OG Griselda. That formula hasn't failed. This looks incredible. I'm sure we'll have a decent shot at the vinyl for this one since Roc and Shady are a part of it.
A huge reason they use Daringer and Beat Butcha so much on these Shady releases (God Don't Make Mistakes by Conway is mostly produced by Daringer and Beat Butcha and WWCD was all Daringer and Beat Butcha) is because they do beats together that don't use samples, and Shady doesn't like paying for sample clearances. From King to a God had Lemon, Front Lines, Spurs 3, Seen Everything, Dropping Tears, Jesus Khrysis, and Fear God. All those tracks and every track on WWCD are sample-free.

They gotta be really careful about what they choose to sample since they have tiny sample clearance budgets on Shady.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
So Armani Ceaser been on a Premo & Just Blaze beat so far in her career :whoo:

Cats on here were complaining that they're not into her music, but the lane she's in, as a female rapper getting Primo produced singles and Just Blaze posse cuts - is wide open right now,

If live shows were a thing right now, I'm sure Griselda would slowly be starting to see a few more women in the crowd because of her.

@BK The Great - release date is October 2nd. This weekend :blessed:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Daringer haters gon be mad:umad:
I’ma save it for the album. I wanna hear it before judging either way. I’m inclined to think it’ll be dope. I like Daringer a lot in small doses. I’m perfect on about 1/3rd of any project. Even half I’m not mad at. After that I like some variety, so I just tend to get burned out on his sound when he does entire projects (and obviously there are exceptions to this.)

:hubie:

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm stoked that WSG put lots of Daringer on there. Keep it OG Griselda. That formula hasn't failed. This looks incredible. I'm sure we'll have a decent shot at the vinyl for this one since Roc and Shady are a part of it.

It might not even get released. They didn’t even bother for WWCD.

Also, these Shady fans is full on weirdos. Complaining in the comments about so many features but no Em feature :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EDIT 2: I fukked up and watched a Conway stream on Youtube where he played God Don't Make Mistakes (his Shady debut) and he's saying it'll be out this month too. Benny and Hit-Boy on deck. Possible sequel to Tea in China by Boldy and Alchemist before 2021 as well. :banderas: Griselda fall is in full effect.

Black Hoodie szn
N2GqEOW.png

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
of course his major label debut is full of Daringer and Beat Butcher so they don't have to pay for samples.
Just Blaze and Alc can do it without the samples too.

I've got fatigue when it comes to this fanook but there's so many features that we could get a strong WSG'less version.
(leave his hooks on it..still need a bit of structure)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
of course his major label debut is full of Daringer and Beat Butcher so they don't have to pay for samples.
Just Blaze and Alc can do it without the samples too.

I've got fatigue when it comes to this fanook but there's so many features that we could get a strong WSG'less version.
(leave his hooks on it..still need a bit of structure)
Agreed on the bolded.

On the rest I got some clarificaton. So unlike WWCD, West and Conway actually are getting some sample clearance budget for this and God Don't Make Mistakes, but just not a ton. They were told to "pick their samples carefully." So my guess is the Daringer and Butcher are the sample free beats and he used the other producers for the few samples he could use.

If you go back and listen to King to a God, a lot of those songs were recorded for GDMM, and about half of them are sample free.