Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
this was on my way to becoming my favorite Gunn project of the year then it just fell apart.

it was damn near flawless then Liz Loves Luger came on.
Armani was fine on it but Gunn sounds awful. sounded like cringey sex voice notes.

we get back on track with the song w/ Busta and Slick Rick. they wouldn't have been my choice of features on that beat but it doesn't deter.
next song is forgettable. throw away Gunn verse and I slide it to the end of the song every time I hear Keisha Plum's voice.

now the song I was looking forward to most...Cook$ and Estee on the same song and I'm met with, what is easily one of the worst beats of the year.
such a disappointment.

then Good Night did nothing for me.

now, I'm thinking the Just Blaze beat is last, we'll close this out strongly. nope.
the beat is bad and only Benny had a worthwhile verse.

Last edited:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoyed the album. only songs i didnt keep Good Night, Liz Love Luger

the beats dont bother me. it actually gives off this spooky ass vibe.
Camino showed out with his verse. love the change of pace he had at points of his verse
maybe i need to listen to more Smoke Dza, breh verse was good as hell

Last edited:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That 98 sabres beat is fuccin awful. Couldn't even make it through the track. Worst beat on the album.

This is a rinse repeat album. West needs to switch it up. He's dumb predictable now.

And please don't bring Conway albums into the discussion. Nicca is a fire rapper but he hasn't made an interesting solo album in years...foh
You been living in a bomb sheter the past few weeks? FKTAG is pretty much universally being called an AOTY contender.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
AA Rashid always come with some other shyt but in a good way lol.

I wonder how West met him?

West and Conway are half-brothers. I'm not sure if they share the same mom or the same dad.

Benny's their cousin and Chin Gun was too (Benny's brother.)
I see thanks a lot for the info breh.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Black Thought also did well. Dope feature. Gonna have to keep listening to pick out more stand outs. It’s a dope major debut, but Conway’s project still on heavy rotation for me.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Black Thought also did well. Dope feature. Gonna have to keep listening to pick out more stand outs. It’s a dope major debut, but Conway’s project still on heavy rotation for me.
This is West's Major Debut?

Shady is fukking up then smh! Looks like West did all the leg work himself.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frank Murphy beat is one those things that seemed like a good idea in practice but in reality it's fukking annoying:dead:
I wonder what all them dudes were thinking, I still don’t know what to think about it

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
i enjoyed the album. only songs i didnt keep Good Night, Liz Love Luger

the beats dont bother me. it actually gives off this spooky ass vibe.
Camino showed out with his verse. love the change of pace he had at points of his verse
maybe i need to listen to more Smoke Dza, breh verse was good as hell

Smoke DZA is one of the most under appreciated artists in hip hop.

Right up there with El and Sky.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
You been living in a bomb sheter the past few weeks? FKTAG is pretty much universally being called an AOTY contender.

Dude most definitely been in a bomb shelter. FKTAG is Conway’s best project, which is ironically his most diverse sounding project. Has some more accessible songs without compromising his style.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Busta killed his feature. I ain't know he sold dope but he was spitting that shyt :ohhh::lolbron:

Yea this is the debut album. Might be the only one too since he said he’s retiring by 2021.
Wow! Not sure I buy that he is retiring but Shady is really doing a bad job with them however them signing with Shady did help raise their profile so I guess that's the trade-off.

Do we have any idea when Conway's label debut album is gonna drop? I know Benny is supposed to drop Burden Of Proof sometime soon, at least he said that in his No Jumper interview.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Busta killed his feature. I ain't know he sold dope but he was spitting that shyt :ohhh::lolbron:

Wow! Not sure I buy that he is retiring but Shady is really doing a bad job with them however them signing with Shady did help raise their profile so I guess that's the trade-off.

Do we have any idea when Conway's label debut album is gonna drop? I know Benny is supposed to drop Burden Of Proof sometime soon, at least he said that in his No Jumper interview.

They saying Conway's album will be dropping soon, From King To God deluxe version also dropping soon.