Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see alot of criticism here I don't really agree with. This is imo very much in line with his last couple releases, but with higher profile features.
Production isn't as live as for example HWH7, but more or less what you can expect.

Edit: the Frank Murphy instrumental hurts my ears tho, Estee Nack deserved better.

Edit 2: the beat for Goodnight has been on the last five WSG albums in one form or another.

Last edited:

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukking dig this tbh.
I see alot of criticism here I don't really agree with. This is imo very much in line with his last couple releases, but with higher profile features.
Production isn't as live as for example HWH7, but more or less what you can expect.

I agree with this. It’s an album to smoke and ride to. Feels more laid back than last time out is all.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That 98 sabres beat is fuccin awful. Couldn't even make it through the track. Worst beat on the album.

This is a rinse repeat album. West needs to switch it up. He's dumb predictable now.

And please don't bring Conway albums into the discussion. Nicca is a fire rapper but he hasn't made an interesting solo album in years...foh